When Should You Take a Break From Poker?

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dear friend.
This is very personal. Everyday tasks that can be messing up etc ...
But the fact that you're not getting enough on ITM is probably something technical in your game.
I recommend studying further and detecting where the error may be.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dear friend.
This is very personal. Everyday tasks that can be messing up etc ...
But the fact that you're not getting enough on ITM is probably something technical in your game.
I recommend studying further and detecting where the error may be.
No my dear friend, I not only was playing poker, I read books, after each game session conducted debriefings of the most heavy hands, so I am not talking about fatigue from the game, I'm talking about the General comprehensive fatigue from poker.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sat down yesterday to play poker online, but it is clear that no patience, no concentration, began to play trash hands. Is still the quality of the game not to be?

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A few victories and I feel that the excitement and desire to play wakes up, as far as we still depend on the emotional state.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This weekend will have to work hard, poker to pay time turns out, and perhaps this is the best solution?

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now began such period when not'll understand, I get pleasure from game or she more disappoints me.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Today I feel that I want to participate in a Freeroll at pokerstars, I hope this game will give a positive impetus to the continuation of the game of poker.

S

Sara satterlee

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think taking a break is healthy, especially if you're on a down swing.

S

sergo1203

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Recently, I have a lot of work. and very rarely you get into poker. (((it may rest ...

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think taking a break is healthy, especially if you're on a down swing.
My failures in poker greatly influenced me, and a long break gave me the opportunity to look at the number of days I spent at the poker tables in a different way.

2d_Sparrow

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When should you take a break? When you need to :)

I think some questions which spark additional interest would be, how do I know when to take a break? And, how can I maintain focus and avoid tilt for longer periods of time while playing?

The ability to focus, to be aware of your emotional state, and the speed in which you calm or balance your emotions are all skills we can improve.

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you feel like taking a break... Zero Pressure take it or leave it... Enjoy every moment though

ChipWinged

ChipWinged

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh I know perfect answer - when your account was suspended by security service of PokerStars! :D I sent my verification data but month has gone. Perfect break! I don't want to change room. So now I'm more in real life :) But I know I'll return in poker!

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it's not when to take breaks it's how to set limits and goals. Don't force yoursefl to play sessions when you dont want to play just to hit say 100k hands per month. If your mind doesn't feel right to play dont play and just try and keep a fresh mind for playing. After all playing poker is meant to be enjoyable not a chore.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you feel like taking a break... Zero Pressure take it or leave it... Enjoy every moment though
Yes, I agree, why force yourself to play, because the seventh most important thing is to enjoy the game.

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is always a choice. They give up poker when they lose interest in playing. It may be due to the main work, maybe you are just tired or unreasonably unreachable. Everything depends on your goals in life, priorities and their values. Best of all, when poker can be like a hobby that doesn't tie you to the heavy game of cash and MTT.:fight:

P

pacificatorul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Consider watching/reading some mental/psychology stuff, poker related.
It will help greatly.

Also, playing lower can boost your morale!

Gl!

Igorek1313

Igorek1313

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anytime. poker should not take up free time. poker must bring it.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At every moment when you feel that your game will not work today.

beldin2010

beldin2010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely when you feel that game is unfair, luck has left you and had though times. Some time away can make miracle.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is always a choice. They give up poker when they lose interest in playing. It may be due to the main work, maybe you are just tired or unreasonably unreachable. Everything depends on your goals in life, priorities and their values. Best of all, when poker can be like a hobby that doesn't tie you to the heavy game of cash and MTT.:fight:
Probably at first it was hard because the main work probably and then depending on the game diminished, now, for me, tournaments are very hard. Probably now the most suitable game in a small spin and go.

lanelane

lanelane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't live from poker, so I'm not forced to play. I take a break when I want to. Sometimes, after a lost party, I don't like playing, and then I take a short rest and go on.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't live from poker, so I'm not forced to play. I take a break when I want to. Sometimes, after a lost party, I don't like playing, and then I take a short rest and go on.
It is wonderful that you have not yet absorbed poker completely, and for this you have never experienced a glut of this beautiful game. Good luck and be careful along the way in poker.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Consider watching/reading some mental/psychology stuff, poker related.
It will help greatly.

Also, playing lower can boost your morale!

Gl!
Yes, I have read some very good books, and I know about the tilt problem, I know the signs of this phenomenon appearing in my gaming session. But I can't fight him yet.