When Should You Take a Break From Poker?

DizzyDeb717

DizzyDeb717

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm pretty much playing poker, but last year main job Boad all the time from poker, a year ago on the day I could iprepare steps doitt for 8 - 9 hours , now a week 20 - 30 hours! But friends know all the answers to the question - what to do when just in all the tournaments is not enough to ITM! Can there come a time when I stop playing poker completely?

:confused::confused::confused:

When the dust bunnies start to attack, it's time to take a break. :drunken_s:drunken_s:drunken_s

podoloboq

podoloboq

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
A break to take ticky when a lot of win, and when I win a little, I can spend all my free time playing poker!:sleep:

AZHLead

AZHLead

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whenever you angry, stressed, under pressure, tired or bored, leave the table and get some rest.

Each of these feelings affect most of your game.

therefore we have to controll our thoughts which creates our emotions. it's a big part of the poker... isn't it!?

B

betang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only you can know and decide that. You have to decide what are your priorities and focus on them.

R

ritz_avalanche

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I had multiple sessions of bad beats I generally take a break to break the jinx

koisug

koisug

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play a lot of it is cool. It is a pity that I can not. I play when I have time, several hours per day, but there are entire weeks when there are no opportunities to sit down. Very sorry

K

kingofnaps

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when you're just not feeling it. if you're not going to have fun don't sit down.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when you're just not feeling it. if you're not going to have fun don't sit down.
I would say that if there is no sense of joy in playing, then there is no reason to continue playing.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play a lot of it is cool. It is a pity that I can not. I play when I have time, several hours per day, but there are entire weeks when there are no opportunities to sit down. Very sorry
I the last weeks working almost every day, now I work in a grocery store, very hard, words can not convey, gloves, protective mask, disinfection treatment, it is hard with people to communicate, we all are tense and conflict situation. But the moment is now for poker, and I'm glad of it.

koisug

koisug

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I the last weeks working almost every day, now I work in a grocery store, very hard, words can not convey, gloves, protective mask, disinfection treatment, it is hard with people to communicate, we all are tense and conflict situation. But the moment is now for poker, and I'm glad of it.
Everything has its advantages. This is a dangerous and disturbing time, but you can devote time to something that has never been there before. Favorite book, movie / TV series and, of course, poker:icon_rr:

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everything has its advantages. This is a dangerous and disturbing time, but you can devote time to something that has never been there before. Favorite book, movie / TV series and, of course, poker:icon_rr:
Yes, I agree, it's a difficult time, but poker gives me a rest now, oddly enough. And surprisingly, luck helps in the game, now it's nice to play!

V

victoralforr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think when it starts being unhealthy, physically and $

W

west28

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
whenever you feel that you can't win, or when your on tilt making the wrong decisions

P

peterbsnyder

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you go all in with a full house and you get beat with quads, it might be time to take a break:eek:

M

mell0404

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anytime i feel angry quit the tables and take a rest

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anytime i feel angry quit the tables and take a rest
The whole problem is to make an effort and get out of the table, tilt it is called. That's probably why we need a big break.

gupiel0k69

gupiel0k69

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
For me it's either if im starting to feel a little bit burned out and don't really want to play anymore, a few days will do in such situations and then the hunger comes in again. Otherwise it's after some bad beats when i can feel that gradually my tilt is coming alive, that's probably the most dangerous situation, doing stupid things and playing in a different way is losing me sometimes a good portion of my roll. Mastering when to quit is hard to do and takes time and a lot of self conciousness but that's probably the most important mental thing. I highly recommend the series "The eightfold path to poker enlightment" - by Tommy Angelo.
Nr.1 when it comes to mental game imho.

G

Gelidmind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fatigue definitely comes into play at times whether you are up or down. I'd say anytime you feel like you are mentally drained either take a break for a bit or take a break for the day. I get myself into spots like this often and it always ends the same. Losing more than I wanted to lose or losing it all. Poker is a mental game more so than anything else and if you aren't mentally at your best you will make mistakes every time that usually end in losses.

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
Well in short when you are off your game in other words when you make plays you would not normally. Be the cause tilt, fatigue, distractions, hunger etc. Be it 5 minutes or 5 hours into the session doesn't matter.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Tilt

You should take a break from poker when you start feeling frustrated by the game.

Therminator

Therminator

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best time to take a break is when you get that inevitable tilt.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should take a break from poker when you start feeling frustrated by the game.
Yes, a wonderful definition - disappointment! Today, that is not the distribution of cards and all the loss. We must leave again ....

B

bempassado

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Often the realization that you need to take a break comes after I lost extra money, but if it turns out to stop, then after I lost 5 tournaments in a row, the price for the tournament should not exceed 5 percent of my bankroll.
And study all the time.

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I recommend you when you are playing poker and you see that you are losing, the recommended thing is to give yourself some rest days, but that time dedicate to study and to practice strategies so that you apply to the game, what I recommend you is to play cash, but if you like tournaments, no problem

Therminator

Therminator

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whenever you start feeling frustrated, that's what we call going in tilt and that is the moment you should probably stand up and take a break after the next hand.