when is the right time to increase your buy-in

G

guderas

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
when you guys think it's the right time to move up in buy-in, taking into account bankroll and experience.:rolleyes:

G

Great Big Pair

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To give a simple answer that I've given before, I think two things matter.

First, you should feel confident that you're beating your current level, and that you've grown as a player during your time at that level.

Second, you should have at least 20 buy-ins for the new level, and be prepared to move down if you lose 5-6 of those buy-ins.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when you guys think it's the right time to move up in buy-in, taking into account bankroll and experience.:rolleyes:

Thank you for posting

If you are winning and learning at your current level you want to be taking shots at a higher level. Those experiences will help you decide when you are ready to move up and let you know what you need to study prior to moving up full time.

Hope this helps
:):)

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you are crushing your current level and when you are bankrolled for it- then its time to move up. Also its probably better to ease into a new level by mixing the higher level games in with current games.

C

Clutchdenier

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the format - if MTTs I would say you need at least 100 BI

With SnG - maybe around 50 (pretty conservative)

Cash I would say 20 is the sweet spot

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The buy-in should be increased when the bankroll increases by at least 100 buy-ins for the playing limit. That is, if you are going to play $ 2 tournaments, you must have at least $ 200 bankroll.

G

guderas

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Quando você está esmagando seu nível atual e quando você está bancando para isso, é hora de subir. Também é provavelmente melhor entrar em um novo nível, misturando os jogos de nível superior com os jogos atuais.
tnks

messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips

if you have been doing good at min buyins, and have a win rate of 80% of placing in the final table, then it might be time to move up a level, the higher the buyin the more complexed the game becomes

2x4x

2x4x

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the nerves have to be up to date

To give a simple answer that I've given before, I think two things matter.

First, you should feel confident that you're beating your current level, and that you've grown as a player during your time at that level.

Second, you should have at least 20 buy-ins for the new level, and be prepared to move down if you lose 5-6 of those buy-ins.
:jd4::jd4:
I liked this strategy
and much more emotion outside the stand
a hard decision

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I increase the limits gradually, only as my bankroll grows. If the bankroll is growing steadily, it is obvious that this is a good reason to increase the limits on the game.