When to leave (When Winning šŸ™ƒ)

S

Samuel88

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey everyone, Iā€™ve been playing Omaha with much better results than No limit Holdā€™em, but my struggle is knowing when to leave.

Example: [0.25/0.50 Pot Limit 6-max]

-Buy in #1($12.50)
-Lose buy in
-Buy in #2($12.50)
-Banroll reaches $30
-bankroll reaches $60
-Drops to $45
-Drops to $20
-Loses Buy in

(Span of 1 hour...šŸ¤Ø)

I seem to be able to generally double my buy in but sometimes x3, x4, or 5x it. So I get stuck with knowing when to stop before variance comes back to bite or before I make a foolish mistake or take a bad beat. I try not to get greedy but I donā€™t have a system yet.

Advice? Stories?

R

ricardibreezer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Read "the poker mindset".

It explains questions like this pretty well. Tye answer is only stop if you aren't playing your best.

Poker is a long term results game and you are making the correct decisions it shouldnt matter if you are on hand 5 or 500, stuck or in profit, etc.

Personaly when im winning i prefer to play. Once im on the big stack and have a rep as a bully i play my best stuff.... usually the game breaks when this happens tho, players with 100bb don't like my overaggression in these spots.

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need a larger bankroll for PLO as hand values run closer together than hold'em (there is no equivalent of pair over pair where you would be a 4.5 to 1 favorite pre-flop).

Short-stacking you're basically looking to push your equity edges - I have nothing against taking shots and trying to run up a bankroll playing like that, but realize you will be going broke a lot.

If you are interested in books I've read some of Rolf Slotboom's and he describes a good basic strategy.

Good luck to you! :D

B

Badbunny

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I when I win because I like to retire a while since I'm too exitado and then I relax more as there make many mistakes and that's why I take my time and then back to the load.

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Samuel88 and welcome to Cardschat. Samuel how long have you been playing poker online? I see in your example, you are playing at 50nl. Did you work your way up to that level, or just started there, or been playing there awhile? If you are new to the game, do yourself a favor, and drop down and give yourself time to learn, and then you will know for sure when to play or leave.