What's helps you recognise a "fish"?

GreGo

GreGo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, guys!
Does anybody know special signs which helps you recognise a "fresh blood" in poker?
What's common newbiers mistakes allow you to recognise them?

As for me, due to my observation, the most common failures happens when player forget about position, and takes too much risk. If they got a pair of kings etc,
their brains turn off instantly. Also it can be disrespectful relation to oll-in bets.

What's your point of view?

Aleksmy

Aleksmy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Each player has their own concept of fish.

chilindrodolar

chilindrodolar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mistakes are known, frankly playing on freeroll tables, there are many newbies who do not know, and you as a player have to detect it, many times they want to go without having anything in order to earn their grounds, sometimes there are many different fish, some that when they see the flop they are all thrown without hands stuck, others go with the card less than the flop and go to the call, many things that are visible. !! 1

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
a mirror helps me recognize a fish very well.

hi hi ohshoot!!! :ciao:
yes yes yes a mirror... that work for me hahahaha
when i read, i think i a fish wonder how fast players learn that of me?

blond.jpg

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

Didnt you know that the most common addage in poker is, that if you cant recognize the fish at the table, its you.

O

Oxinthewater

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As already stated , limping or calling too much is probably the easiest giveaway.

Otherwise overbets or huge underbets without a good justification would be another sign, but you need to see some cards to see if this was warranted. That said, you occasionally see somebody bet 40 into a pot that's like 350 chips, and I can't think of any good reason for such a bet size.

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When they go all in vs someone,but they are cheap leaders and they have 10%,20%,or 30% chips more.After that all in finish and they lost,next hand,they go all in again with really bad hands.This is not way to recognize a fish,this is way to see,who is bad player.

B

bempassado

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a mirror helps me recognize a fish very well.

Kkkkkkkkkk damn bro, i don't know how but i'm laughing outside and crying inside. I feel you.

Answering the question. fish play a lot of hands in the early stages of tournaments and limp, make a lot of bluffs at the wrong times and place very high or very low value bets. There are several others but these are the ones I recognize for now.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The biggest indicator is when they seem to play any hand (premium or speculative) without regard to position or table dynamics the same way - passively. There is a place for passive play but not ALL the time.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
First you will have to take a few minutes and observe several spots ... and if you notice any player who practically plays + 80% of the pot either doing "Limp" or "call" very often then there you have a fish ...!

RimworldDoctor

RimworldDoctor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can always mark a fish when they shove out of position with a 20+BB stack. Wayyyy too aggressive and they're for sure playing for fun.

MoCoSolo

MoCoSolo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If someone is limping over 40% of hands, add that player as a friend.

psihoz35

psihoz35

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ahaha we are all fish, some are more, some are less, this rule has been in effect for a long time, and so observation is the most important thing for an opponent

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1) VPIP >40% for full ring - 25-40% is "semi-fish"
3) Open limping in cash games or from EP/MP
4) Ridiculous bet sizes
5) Posting a blind in cash games especially from early position
6) Donk betting the flop on textures, that favour the preflop raiser
7) Donk betting the river on a blank
8) Showing down some ridiculous hand
9) Complaining in the chat

J

johnmaltz19

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There's a lot of way recognizing a fish. Some of my obvious observations on the way they've played their hand is:

1. They limp too much
2. They don't understand the power of position
3. Playing shortstack in cash games
4. Has high VPIP rate
5. Too passive

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Such players usually play with all hands in a row and just count on their luck. For me, such opponents are just a good opportunity to double my stack.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in general he bet too often and not fold enough. they misread the game and ignore their positions. they also make mistakes in the size of their bets and show their hands after bluffing. they find it difficult to remain patient and to be rigorous.

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When it comes to hold'em, there are key statistics that show how much a player is phishing

NickeLine22

NickeLine22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know, because I'm a fish))))

But "fishes" usually play with bad hands and often limps.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There's a lot of way recognizing a fish. Some of my obvious observations on the way they've played their hand is:

1. They limp too much
2. They don't understand the power of position
3. Playing shortstack in cash games
4. Has high VPIP rate
5. Too passive

Oh yeah forgot about point 3). Maybe not a 100% sure fish tell, but at least 9 out of 10 players, who dont play a full stack in cash games, are not very good. As for point 5) most fish are passive but not all. Someone playing 64/54 with a 3-bet of 34% is certainly also a fish (maniac type), but you want to adjust differently to this player than a 64/4 with a 3-bet of 2%.