What are your poker mistakes?

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I often tell myself that having the highest pair on the board with a good kicker is not necessarily a goood enoung card to call an all-in, but too often I do it and regret it later.

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always slow play the best hand, and always regret that mistake. I really try to get the most, from that hand but it never works out. I do it so many times , and I never learn from it. My big mistake I make all the time.
You figured after all the years, of playing you would learn �� �� ��

Y

Your_Huckleberry

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly, not being able to cut my losses. I can't help but call shoves, and no matter how well I was doing before then, I always lose.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My biggest mistake was lack of patience, but now I have corrected that, which is what I wish for others.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Calling bet's from other players when I know I am beat, I do it sometimes to get information on them but it leaves my chip-stack short at times, too short to get back into the game and then I just push all-in to go out, so the information I did achieve did nothing more than confirm I was beat and cost me the game.
I have on some occasions, in live games, called bet's from opponent's knowing there are possibilities that they have made a flush with 4 suited cards on the table, and all I am holding is 2 pair, but when you are drawing to a full house, after the flop, it is so hard to lay down and you have to know if they are bluffing.
But that is all part of the game, hoping your opponent makes a nut flush, with you filling up a boat on the River, is so beautiful when it happens, because they don't expect you doing that.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

AndryxaDovolen

AndryxaDovolen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a loser is when you are noted in your notes. there comes a time when it's time to ch

I can’t stop and go into every hand .. I’m afraid to miss a good hand .. in most cases I manage to be the chip leader until the middle of the tournament or until the final table .. And here Andrei suffered!) he can’t just sit out and go with the monsters. gotta play play and play .. this is my worst mistake. and also the mistake of accepting the maximum .. what if it comes in .. excitement takes over and I fly over .. alas .. I know what not to do, but I haven’t learned to control myself yet. (

Last edited:
ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Confidence in excess, if a would receive one buck for each hand lost due this I would have a million now. :/

razarach_xD

razarach_xD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Reading all this helps to find your mistakes...
I'm too aggressive at the start... but I fixed it somehow... by folding ! :)

L

LetterRip

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Calling preflop shoves vs tight players with good pocket pairs (TT,JJ) that I'm certain are way behind the villains shoving range, but they are the best hand I've had in awhile.

Calling river bets from players who almost certainly were trapping but 'they might be bluffing'.

Mostly just discipline issues.