What can we do when we don't win a flip?

A

Ale_Sander

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm debuting here and my first post brings up a subject that bothers me a lot: What can I do if I've never won a flip when I understand that the best way is to try to shove?

It doesn't matter what kind of cards I have. If I have AA, KK, QQ, TT, 99, AK, AQ, KQ... It doesn't matter. I won't win.

If I have top pair, villain always gives ToK, two middle pair... If I flop two pair or Tok, my opponent always makes flush or fh on the turn or river.

I was wondering if it's my wife's fault because I'm so lucky to find her and have her with me.

And while I was writing these lines, it happened again. Villain's QQ against my KK, he made ToK on the river.

-.-

thank you for following my outburst.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In our life, we have to choose either a game or a wife).From the joke to the point.If you constantly lose in the hand, you should think about it.do not be afraid to find your way again from the very beginning.Someone gave you a black mark and you won't win).I'm at it again.Try not to parry the event-call the bets and watch the flop each hand can lose so play responsibly with small steps to win.

S

seraxel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd question the belief that you have something "to do" with whether or not flips are winning.

A

Ale_Sander

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In our life, we have to choose either a game or a wife).From the joke to the point.If you constantly lose in the hand, you should think about it.do not be afraid to find your way again from the very beginning.Someone gave you a black mark and you won't win).I'm at it again.Try not to parry the event-call the bets and watch the flop each hand can lose so play responsibly with small steps to win.

Well, this afternoon, in my last two mtts, I changed my way of playing. Instead of waiting for high cards or pairs, I chose to play 78s, T9s or off, QTs or off and I reached the ITM on both earning a few cents.

I have to confess, I also tried to be more aggressive and playing my raises and cbets had better results.

My learning here was, I need to establish my range by positions and apply it

Buuuuut, when I was shortstack and tried to shove some BBs, guess what happened... haha

TY

A

Ale_Sander

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd question the belief that you have something "to do" with whether or not flips are winning.

Maybe I have to change my game to avoid being in situations that force me to shove so early in the tournament.

Thanks for the reflexion, my friend

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, online on certain sites you will lose more often to hands you dominate more often than you should, but once you find out which sites are which, you can avoid them.

No matter which site you are on though, there is no way you ALWAYS lose with good starting hands. The truth is that no matter what hand you start with, you do not have a 100% win probability. The question is whether on the site you play, do you win a similar percentage than what odds calculators say.

Last night late in a tourney I lose AA to 88. Flopped a set even, but he rivered a flush. Even though I flopped the set, it was actually a bad flop for me cuz it had 3 diamonds. I had no diamond and he had 8d, so he had more outs on the flop than he had preflop. But this particular site I find to be pretty fair in terms of probabilities. For example, if I am "supposed" to win 75% of the time, and I only win 72%, then no problem. But if it turns out to be 50/50, then there's a problem.

If you find that you only lose if you get unlucky than you are doing pretty well. But the key is, you gotta be honest with yourself. Are you really losing only cuz of bad luck?

I'm debuting here and my first post brings up a subject that bothers me a lot: What can I do if I've never won a flip when I understand that the best way is to try to shove?

It doesn't matter what kind of cards I have. If I have AA, KK, QQ, TT, 99, AK, AQ, KQ... It doesn't matter. I won't win.

If I have top pair, villain always gives ToK, two middle pair... If I flop two pair or Tok, my opponent always makes flush or fh on the turn or river.

I was wondering if it's my wife's fault because I'm so lucky to find her and have her with me.

And while I was writing these lines, it happened again. Villain's QQ against my KK, he made ToK on the river.

-.-

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A flip is exactly what the name suggests, it's a 50%-50% shot that you'll win. Maybe it seems like you always lose, but can you ever really be upset with yourself for shoving with AA or KK? It's a frustrating part of poker but I've lost to 7-2 offsuit with AA. The anger is temporary, but try your best not to let it impact your patience. Nothing worse than going on a terrible tilt streak.

Fivefor

Fivefor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

-.-

Yes I can just see it, the programmers at the poker site(s) you are playing at were all having a meeting early when they were developing their software and all agreed that when "Ale Sander" is playing on our site he will always lose, 100% of the time, no matter what cards he plays.

Programmer 1: "Yes! We must punish Ale Sander and only Ale Sander!!!"

Programmer 2: " And we must make our randomization code for the card deck shuffler to always stack it against Ale Sander - Mwah hahahahahah"

All programmers in the meeting: "YES YES YES, Punish Ale Sander!!! HAHAHAHAHA"

Lastly, what does ToK mean? Never seen that poker abbreviation before...

A

Ale_Sander

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I can just see it, the programmers at the poker site(s) you are playing at were all having a meeting early when they were developing their software and all agreed that when "Ale Sander" is playing on our site he will always lose, 100% of the time, no matter what cards he plays.

Programmer 1: "Yes! We must punish Ale Sander and only Ale Sander!!!"

Programmer 2: " And we must make our randomization code for the card deck shuffler to always stack it against Ale Sander - Mwah hahahahahah"

All programmers in the meeting: "YES YES YES, Punish Ale Sander!!! HAHAHAHAHA"

Lastly, what does ToK mean? Never seen that poker abbreviation before...

You know, you're totally right and I'm totally agree with your point of view.

Maybe they are trying to force me to deposit my money, but I don't 😉 thanks for open my eyes.

About the abbreviation, I don't know if you need to know.

A

Ale_Sander

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A flip is exactly what the name suggests, it's a 50%-50% shot that you'll win. Maybe it seems like you always lose, but can you ever really be upset with yourself for shoving with AA or KK? It's a frustrating part of poker but I've lost to 7-2 offsuit with AA. The anger is temporary, but try your best not to let it impact your patience. Nothing worse than going on a terrible tilt streak.

That's exactly it. I need to work on my patience and lucidity during the game. Losing with better hands interferes with my game and I start playing any hand.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's exactly it. I need to work on my patience and lucidity during the game. Losing with better hands interferes with my game and I start playing any hand.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

This is it, pick your spots, get it in with hopefully better than 50/50 odds
And know AA can lose a third of the time.
Never believe in bad luck or other rigged theory’s… use patience, positioning, and opponent tendencies to your benefit, and in the long run, you’ll be a winning player👍

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Option #1- Continue to study & learn the game.
Option #2- Blame the wife. Option #1 takes effort, will, determination & such stuff. Blamin the better half takes none of the above. :)

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing poker since 2010. Always played a plus. The last year something incredible is happening. I don't believe in conspiracy theories, but I think my account was blacklisted. This is the worst downstreak of my life. Today I lost my bankroll again. .It's impossible to play plus last year from my account. Sometimes it seems to me that poker is a scam.

A

Ale_Sander

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing poker since 2010. Always played a plus. The last year something incredible is happening. I don't believe in conspiracy theories, but I think my account was blacklisted. This is the worst downstreak of my life. Today I lost my bankroll again. .It's impossible to play plus last year from my account. Sometimes it seems to me that poker is a scam.

Hey buddy,

You know, last weekend I tried to play some cash games and of course I did some bad beats and got into some coolers until I lost my mind and my bankroll too... and I got mad.

But I took some classes, talked to some friends, read a little and tried again.

It's been three days since I've been on a great positive run. Of course I did bad beats and coolers again and had some losses. And everything is fine.

It doesn't matter how many times you fall, but how it can affect you and hurt your mind to the point where you give up and stay down.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no solution to running bad other than playing with a large enough bankroll and have lots of patience, because sooner or later a bad run will end. If the amount of "bad beats" or lost coinflips start to get to you, then simply end your session and take a break from poker. Can be anything from a few hours to multible weeks, depending on how bad your tilt is. Never play if you are feeling very angry about the game with lots of negative thoughts etc.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's not a good idea to worry about flips and so on.

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hope to win the next one I guess. Variance gets us all. Percentages can seem very unfair when you're running bad. Lose with the best hand. Lose with the worst hand. Just lose. When you play enough hands the percentages will always be what they are suppose to be. So hang in there and your luck will eventually turn around. Then you will be the one winning flips. Holding when you have the best of it and hitting trips to crack their aces. Good luck.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If you have a choice of giving up the wife or giving up poker, give up poker.
My grandson sat down the other day and played some poker. It was like witnessing 50,000 ways to lose. I said to him please stick to video games, poker is not as rewarding. He took my suggestion after a day and a half of witnessing bad beat central in poker. A day and a half later he was jumping for joy after earning a White Ichigo in his video game.

B

Bigmthementalist

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Flip a coin 10:times and record the results , it will remind your brain that even a 50/50 shot can hit 7-8/10 times once in a while . Sometimes we run good and bad though I feel like it comes in waves