What time we spend playing vs studying

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing recently and since I don't really have time to dive full in the poker world, mostly I play freerolls and try observing a lot and improve by playing for fun. I also like watching pro players compilation videos since I feel there is much to learn from them. Regards:)

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I probably spend more time studying the game than actually playing, I watch a lot of "Twitch streamers playing, and old games on "Runitup" Channel. I can usually spend an hour or so before I sleep reading books, some of which I have read before, but I find that when I sleep the info seems to sink in and when I return to playing certain hands I remember something I have read, days or even weeks before.
It is not because I want to become a professional player, far from it. I just love the game and I want to improve my playing ability.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

S

shawnbaker830

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's always important to have time for studying, but I lack it since I work a lot. Have recently used student help by studentshare. It's a great option if you want to combine studying and work.

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I spend much more time playing than studying. My son send me some poker strategy videos, but I found them too boring to watch.

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Lately I'm not being able to study much, I'm playing more.
After some time playing and studying, I think 80% play and 20% study.
I believe that practice leads to study, because you will study more punctually where you are still not good.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Study time is very inportant but how much study can also be determined by what you play. I study to play is about 4-1 on average at the moment. There are weeks i put in a ton more and once in a while a week with nothing, Id you playing just super low stakes a few hours a week is probably more than enough. If you play higher stakes and want to keep moving up you must study more and be consistent with your studies.

S

samui

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I spend many time during college studying. Sadly but I do not much time enough for playing. Lately I was interested in doing my essay on accounting and got help from https://assignmentshark.com/ because In the future I want to work as finacial trader.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I have never measured the ratio of Study Vs Playing, and really don't want to, I have read a few books by different Poker professionals like Doyle Brunson, Jonathan Little, and many others but I also read books on their life stories like Doyle's book "The Godfather of Poker" which has no tips on playing the game and "Ghost's at The Table" which is about the History of the game.
I play Poker purely for the enjoyment the game gives me, and I read to learn more about the game and the players I enjoy to watch, One tip I would certainly give to beginners is follow the "How to become a winning Player in 30 Days" here on Cardschat. It certainly helped me to improve my game, and I have been playing for over 20 years.
I have had some success in home games and playing in Live tournaments, which was where I concentrated on for many years, but my on-line experience was limited because, I like others felt cheated by the on-line sites,
It isn't until you suddenly realise that on-line, bad beats and suck-outs do happen more frequently, simply because you are playing more hands per hour, so there is no conspiracy playing against you, wanting to steal your money, it's just common sense.
Just like there are people out there that Drive for different reasons, some for pleasure, others that drive to work, and some drive all the time because it is their work, people play Poker for different reason's, I play for fun and pleasure.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

B

Bhzrd588

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If we want to improve ourselves in poker then is important to dedicate hours to practice but also to study .
My percentage could be a 70/30 practice vs study
How much do you dedicate to play vs study? :)

I think the best way to learning is playing. For me it works perfectly.

B

BlademasterX

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think like many here, I play too much and don’t study enough. If disciplined properly, it should be 75% study dropping to 25% as you absorb the knowledge. But for me it’s at best 10% study and just play play play.

Oh well. In my next life, I’ll do everything right. 😝

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play 5-7 day week and studying 8 hours per week. GL

Aleks75

Aleks75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
80/20.

Hi!:hello:
At this stage of my poker life,80% is occupied by playing and only 20%(reading books, watching regular streams and reading articles on poker sites).But training should include analyzing your game,but when playing on microlemites, in my opinion, it is not cost-effective.

HeshamTwix

HeshamTwix

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
EG
Chips
If you are still a student, you should prioritize studying over poker.

Sdub2020

Sdub2020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Does watching people play on twitch count as studying?:);):joyman: