What time we spend playing vs studying

Crash Burn

Crash Burn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have balance but I believe that playing takes more time than studying.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Everything seems to go in streaks and most of the time it seems to be heavily weighted one way or the other. Either I'm playing a Ton and studying less or I'm completely focused on studying and seem to be playing less. Somehow try to make it all even out in the long run and hopefully a balance is kept.

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mine is probably 80% play and 20% study. I think that all the players when are in playing in the tables they are too studying. Play is practice! 💪🏻

Sorry for my english 🙂

raul400368

raul400368

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
time

In my personal case, I playing more than studying.

saha2000

saha2000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I devote much more time to poker, but I try to spend an hour a day learning, I watch a lot of poker streams to learn certain behaviors.

NauGad

NauGad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Studying

This is a very relevant question. Indeed, very few players devote enough time to study and hand-picking. I myself am no exception. I want to play, play, play ... We have to work with this. Very often, I sit down at the game table without preparing either mentally or technically.

alex_dorda

alex_dorda

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My game time against training, I would rate it as 90/10

PuletJelek

PuletJelek

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi hi tefy!!!! :ciao:

wow you study lots, good job! is why you brilliant player
i going try study more, right now it perhaps 10% for me *sighs*

blond.jpg
if you're going to study, it'll be harder to beat you at the table Krista...:D:D

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i work ,well in that lock down i play 12 hours a day ,the question should be vs sleeping:D

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I spend a lot playing maybe 90% and studying 10%. I didn't spend much time studying, I just relied on practice.

P

padman400

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just play and only study if I think I played crap.

Sometimes watch a stream of a decent player if I do not feel like playing that evening.

olewerkrd

olewerkrd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Learning and development is very important to improve your skills, it is only a pity that it turns out that little time is devoted to this. If you consider reading any kind of literature and articles as training, then my ratio is 4: 1, but during the game I often turn on YouTube and watch various tournaments in the background, I try to take tricks from some players)

Adrian2809

Adrian2809

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally think that playing poker for as long as possible, you can learn more about the game, honestly I do not study anything but just enjoy the game. I do not have time to deal only with poker, if only I would live from this I think I would like to study longer.

V

vasiliiterkin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mostly I devote about 90 percent of my time to the game, and I devote another 10 percent to teaching and working on mistakes, constantly analyzing my played hands and trying to understand what I did wrong and where.

M

markmu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My Ratio is approximately 90/10. But as i'm still a beginner i should shift it to 60/40 or at least 70/30. But when i have time i just prefer to play rather then study and watching videos or doing the course.

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I have come out somewhere in the 60/40 - play/study. But of these 40%, 20 literature and video lessons, and 20 analysis my hands. Sometimes I record my sessions on my smartphone and watch them on the road.

AdonisPimenta

AdonisPimenta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I normally start my day reading a poker book, study some hands probability and after try rock and roll in some sit and go 0/ . I spent 50/50 of my free time

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If we want to improve ourselves in poker then is important to dedicate hours to practice but also to study .
My percentage could be a 70/30 practice vs study
How much do you dedicate to play vs study? :)

Hello everyone.

I think one of the biggest flaws that differentiates us beginners from professional or semi-professional players is that we spend many hours playing and very few hours studying. I'm particularly trying to beat that equation of playing 95% of the time and studying 5%, trying to get the percentages to 50-50 or at least 60-40.
I think studying is the way to stop complaining about bad luck and bad beats and win in the long run.

Regards.

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

I think studying is overrated. There is nothing like palying live , to learn the game ,coupled with discussions on the play you did or saw.

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If we want to improve ourselves in poker then is important to dedicate hours to practice but also to study .
If in my studies I include meditation and work on myself (mental level), then I also have 70/30.;)

M

Migs

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would think it depends a lot on where you are on the learning path. If you're just starting out, more time studying will give you a good idea of what to notice when you play and some starting boundaries. Later on, studying will be more like a refresher or higher level theory and probably much less of your time.

Nulictor

Nulictor

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been balancing at about 70/30 study/play, mainly bc I lost massive bankroll trying to break into the .50/1$ games, and felt like I had to return to mastering the basics before returning to the felt

S

So_What_MD

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

Hi Legend:
I am a newbie. The more I learn the more I discover 'I don't know". Therefore, I spend a lot of time learning. Then I take the new knowledge to the table for implementation. There is so much to learn. I am afraid 40 hours a week for 4 years may not be enough. Lately 90% learning 10% implementation.

deputat777

deputat777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

If poker is your main source of income, then of course you need to devote more time to poker.