What’s your thoughts on PS Power Up game?

Johnson baker

Johnson baker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just tried the Power Up game on PS last night for the first time. It took a little while to catch the hang of it but I’m starting to like it as a change of pace to the hold em I normally play. Whats your thoughts on it?

Reload

Reload

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, it's so bad that i almost puked. It's like a sort of The Avengers poker, destroying all the fun part of the game.

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i tried Power Up and i think its ridiculous... might as well play slot machines lol

shykarno

shykarno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not think this is poker. variety yes, but I think poker variety is Omaha Razz Stud. power up I do not understand. maybe I'm old fashioned))

Johnson baker

Johnson baker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting. I see it similar to some of the other card games like Magic:the gathering, Yogioh, etc. except with a poker foundation.

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If I've got this right, it's the game with the "powers" that allow you to gain advantages through judicious use/gathering of the powers.
My thoughts are:
1) I can't believe this game has survived a year (or more)
2) I always planned on playing it with play money to better understand it, but never did.

L

lonenlynobita

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I moderately like Power Up. My only beef with the game is that I just wish the power-up distribution is a little bit more "deterministic" (maybe we can draft our initial power up?) and if you're going to use a structure that is even quicker than hyper turbo--maybe make the decision clock shorter and increase number of hand per round?

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have enough no-limit hold'em. This game has passed me by.

Yanko57

Yanko57

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's great to have a change sometimes. but Power Up is just killing the essence of poker for me.

I really tried to like it. I played it several times with playmoney, but I just couldn't see the fun of it.

FlamengoBR

FlamengoBR

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play power up only with play money and the game is not interesring as NLH.The only thing I like at Power up is the avatars;they are very cool.

Johnson baker

Johnson baker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Update. I’ve been playing more power up. I still enjoy the game but it seems there may be some sort of ‘fix’ in the system. I’m seeing too many big hands for it to be a three handed game. It seems that a high percentage of the time at least two players hit the flop or have some kind of potential big hand to encourage the shove all-in to get the game over quickly. More $ for PS maybe? Idk. Overall I’ve done well tho. I’m still liking it as a change up from regular nl hold em.

bc2017

bc2017

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the concept of this game and players seem to be playing weaker in this than other formats - quite a few people underutilising power ups so I think with a bit of practice, you can have an edge here.

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
An interesting game and beautiful graphics, but I will not play it. Too she is far from classic poker.:cool:

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This game I did not like, I prefer the classics, just regular poker.

Top 10 Games