Is that you? What would you do ???

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is hard to say. Endure and wait for this nightmare to end.

AlexStar1981

AlexStar1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Life is like a zebra - a black stripe, a white stripe. The game works according to the same rules. I think even great poker players not only have big wins, but they also have big losses!
And yes .. you need to be patient, and everything will work out again. Good luck with the game)))

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is necessary to quickly close the poker client and do other things, this helps very well in any business, not only in poker ;) Poker and a bad mood can not, impossible and not right to combine;) Of course, when you lose money it's very terrible, but poker depends very strong on luck and you shouldn't get angry and worry too much! ;) Unlucky now - lucky later :) Even, when you do all right, you don't make mistakes, you can lose and lose a lot :) Sometimes luck can come completely unexpectedly.. It's all strange =)

L

Lochika

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Be patient, don't let this to effect your game. If you do so, you will dig yourself into a bigger hole.:(

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Frustration and bad hands is normal, the problem is to increase the damage due to this, it's hard to indicate something because it's very particular how each one handles it (I've already ignored what I just wrote a few times, for example) understand that being able to control the adverse hypotheses (don't tilt basically) will make you stronger may help.

Maikychan

Maikychan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Take a few days away from poker. During this time, take the opportunity to review your session, ask questions about your hands and see if the bad hands were bad luck or simply bad play...

B

bidearm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just be patient sooner or later something will come along

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It depends on the tournament you are playing. In high-stacked tournaments you can go through multiple levels without winning a hand and still have a good stack. You just have to be patient

M

Medina

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Two methods are known in such situations.
You stop playing for a while or continue with a smaller limit.
I recommend the latter, it’s much better to calmly reevaluate what happened than to continue downswing.
I have managed to avoid downswing many times with this method.

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The only and probably the best solution is a break. In such situations, it makes no sense to continue the game, because the chances of losing money will only increase. Therefore, a break is the best way out of such situations.

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just accept it as a general part of the game. If you have a lucky hand, someone else has the bad luck

N

nutself

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
after bad session , there is nothing you can do about it, your angry can only work against yourself, so walk away and wait for your good luck.

Izzeee

Izzeee

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Take a break, do something other than play poker for a bit. Even if it's just to study for a while.

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Over the years, I have had some very long losing streaks, and many, many "bad" hands.

However, over time, the hands will balance out, and I've gotten many, many "good" hands.

It's what you do with them, that really dictates what's "bad", and "good".

Gutshot Gus

Gutshot Gus

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I thought that is normal poker. Poker is 55 minutes of watching paint dry and 5 minutes of cliff diving. Start to enjoy watching the paint dry and be ready to jump at a moments notice.

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
If a bad session/-s affects your play at the tables or even worse - your daily life, than take a break or just quit... After 10+ years of playing the game, I've learned to love my breaks even after winning sessions as many times I feel like I just got lucky and my play wasn't good enough in some spots... Also, from my experience, it's a terrible idea to move to higher stakes or risk your bankroll at other markets you're not familiar with as most of the times the result will be you losing your entire bankroll...

Have a great start of the week everyone :)

nelomec

nelomec

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
After a bad day with a lot of bad hands, I would spend 10 minutes doing nothing, mentally draining my anger, and then I would watch a stand-up comedy to forget about the bad day and play another day.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If there are a lot of bad hands, I would analyze them in Holdem Manager 2 or 3.

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am philosophical about bad hands. They are good for the opponent! So it's okay when I get an amazing straight, and when it doesn't, it's a problem. In fact, this is normal. If I'm angry, then I'm resting. Calmed down again, I'm playing while I have money. Then I think about why I lost. And the cycle repeats normally. As a result, the one who can stand it will get a good win. Discipline and self-control are important. You need to train this in yourself. A strong psyche and nervous system will help you win more. You need to rest more, thanks to a full sleep.

BlackIce

BlackIce

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can relate . Personally after too many bad beats I just walk away for the day. It’s just not your time to shine and you can’t force it.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No, you can't give up, it's just a run of bad cards. This is where your patience that you need in this game comes into play.....patience

IllDaShystee

IllDaShystee

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I smoke a bowl or two, maybe 5 or 6 in "dramatic/costly bad beat" scenario. Can't remember what happened/not concerned and I move on to the next one.

IllDaShystee

IllDaShystee

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Can relate . Personally after too many bad beats I just walk away for the day. It’s just not your time to shine and you can’t force it.
I practice this almost daily/

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands