What is the best push/fold strategy software?

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
What is a good push/fold strategy?

In your opinion what would be the best way to train and learn when to Fold or Push, with software? Let me know how you train.

Last edited by a moderator:
cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I like the ICM Trainer the full version. I have not yet completed the ideal training 10k hands with 95% of use, but I get there

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I have used the ICM trainer demo version, I don't know other and it works very well, opened my sight.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
the push and fold training was a milestone in the improvement of my way of playing poker

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just play tournaments. They will most likely get you to push/fold mode at some point, if not multiple times. It's all about understanding which are the best situations to push. It's not all about the cards, either. You need to take many other variables into consideration. There have been times where I'd fold something like AJ and push a few hands later with 98. You have to experience these situations to learn. Also, don't forget about re-steals. Once your stack gets to the 15BB - 25BB range, re-steal shoves become extremely effective against MP/LP opens.

Tenek26

Tenek26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think, can not underestimate the sng wizard. This is a great tool to train in mmt and sng games. The program also has a test to test your knowledge.

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is a good push/fold strategy?

In your opinion what would be the best way to train and learn when to Fold or Push, with software? Let me know how you train.
I like Jonathan Little's "Shove Fold" application at Float the Turn.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Jonathan Little has a good free push/fold chart for 10bbs and under.

S

sergo1203

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play on the map. sometimes my desire to win fails. but how can I play after training ... I don’t understand .. especially online. but if you think, or have learned by raising, to constantly win, then see you in the tournament !! )) I'll be waiting for you.

LarsLucidor

LarsLucidor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like snapshove. It's good in combination with ICM trainer. Snapshove is just Nash though.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
personally I prefer holdem resources calculator

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Jonathan Little has a good free push/fold chart for 10bbs and under.
Jonathan Littles Shove/Fold actually does 1 - 20 big blinds AND 10%, 12.5% and big blind Ante. Includes ranges for 1 - 10 players.

nera75

nera75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
0ad28afb4ca60e02b28c4efdf77cc69b.png

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think, can not underestimate the sng wizard. This is a great tool to train in mmt and sng games. The program also has a test to test your knowledge.
Thanks for the tip, I will try

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the easiest way to train ICM is to play your regular game, then after the game review your errors with sngwiz in HM2, but you need to adjust the villans ranges to what you really think they are. You can figure out the villans ranges by looking at your hud(just make sure you have a significant sample size).

The other thing to do is try to make up "little rules" like "if I have 12 bbs in the sb I shove any 2 unless they are calling X%" or "with TT shove UTG with 8bbs etc.

Another thing you could do is make a push fold chart for the game you are playing.

G

ggteam2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally use ICM trainer and my winnings were slightly higher than losses, so i guess it is good if you learn how to apply it.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
around here they say that remembering is living ... it must be true, seeing this post made me think that training ICM is always good in tilt moments

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me the answer is definitely ICMizer so long as it's a reasonable expense relative to your bankroll. The main reasons are:

** Most user-friendly interface

** Bounty calculations

** Multi-table ICM

** Quiz mode

** Replayer

(The last ones being part of the Pro version.)

If your bankroll doesn't allow it, then Holdem Resources has free tools available here.

Folding in Poker