What is the best position at a poker table?

schon1958

schon1958

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my place the late position is better than an early position, the best position is the button, since from this position we can see and calculate the strength of the cards and the hands of our opponents.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tend to agree mostly, but sometimes prefer to be first to have the opportunity to bet, especially when I totally miss the flop.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course, the late position in poker is considered the best. On the button or cut-off you can play a much wider range of hands than in the middle or early positions. You also see how many opponents entered the game, and you know roughly what hands your opponents have, and thanks to this, you can more accurately calculate the size of your raise or 3bet. A player in late position has more information than players in early and middle positions, this is the main advantage.

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Late position is best but early position is great when you have a trapping hand and playing against aggressive opponents. That said I would always take the button if given a choice.

schon1958

schon1958

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Early positions are usually good only when a strong hand is tied.

Doubledunk

Doubledunk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Imo, I like SB, most of my steals are from this position.

schon1958

schon1958

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to agree mostly, but sometimes prefer to be first to have the opportunity to bet, especially when I totally miss the flop.

Early positions are good as long as we have good cards.

MrAlabama

MrAlabama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The cutoff seems to be my sweet spot. All late positions are beneficial.

schon1958

schon1958

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, the late position in poker is considered the best. On the button or cut-off you can play a much wider range of hands than in the middle or early positions. You also see how many opponents entered the game, and you know roughly what hands your opponents have, and thanks to this, you can more accurately calculate the size of your raise or 3bet. A player in late position has more information than players in early and middle positions, this is the main advantage.

Playing early with strong cards is good but more so when I just wait for my opponents to bet, so I try to win a big pot.

D

domino1969

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello for me the great position is the button or big blind

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best position at the table is any seat if I’m at the table.

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes, down, at center, sometimes the soft put me upstairs, thats confuse my game at first.

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
If I have AA, I like the BB best (last to act preflop). Otherwise it's the button (last to act post flop).

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my place the late position is better than an early position, the best position is the button, since from this position we can see and calculate the strength of the cards and the hands of our opponents.

the best position is the button, it's where you have the most info, where the most money is made, and oh so so so so much more.

I love the button so much that I made an entire webinar on it's benefits! Check it out!

Hope you enjoy!

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The best position for sure is the button, but when we play poker online, sometimes we are at a table with kind levels of player, so sometimes be at the side a weak player is a good option too, when you have the late decision

S

Shooter74

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Button, off course....but it is also wonderfull is sitting in big blind with AA...

T

Tolyanchemp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Late position is the most convenient. you can get a big picture for yourself at the table without risking chips. In late positions, many poker players play the most hands. It is believed that the best positions in Texas Hold'em are precisely at the end of the table. The most winning poker position - the button

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this is a rhetorical question! But the best place is when you are surrounded by fish!

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't decide,Sb or button,both are very good positionand i like them.
But i think,i have a more success on SB position.

fantata666

fantata666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know about the position I play from any kind of position just a little bit depends on the cards that have been dealt to me
luck all the way :) :)

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the best position is the top 1 in the tournament

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say cut-off or sb, cut-off b/c if unopened great place to bluff. SB b/c get to bet first post flop once again great place to bluff. I speak of bluffing in correlation to position because if you have good cards position doesn't matter as much. Not saying it does not matter just not as much as when bluffing. If what I have read is correct cut-off is most bluffed spot at table but I have also heard people say the button is so IDK.:evil:

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Best position at the table is any seat if I’m at the table.
I'm confused do you mean any seat your in or any seat at table because your going to disperse your chips around the table because it reads as if you mean the latter.:hahaha: