What advice would you give a beginner pokerman?

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
learn MANY different strategys
learn your opponents
and HAVE FUN!!!!!

F

Fatash89a

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hold your nerve never give up things do get easier

xaj9x

xaj9x

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks everyone.
Yes, I try to do everything exactly like this, but sometimes I can't believe how lucky the last card is

DanielSnrL

DanielSnrL

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First: Study. Study hard and never stop studying. They say poker can be learned in a day. But it takes a lifetime to master.

Second: Give a lot of value to your bankroll management. There are many ways to win at poker and double the chances of going broke if you don't take it seriously.

Lastly: Enjoy every moment. Playing poker is one of my favorite things to do.

xaj9x

xaj9x

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What resources and materials would you recommend for development?

DanielSnrL

DanielSnrL

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks everyone.
Yes, I try to do everything exactly like this, but sometimes I can't believe how lucky the last card is

That's why I believe that the thrill of playing live is incomparable. However, the profitability of online can never be disregarded.

DanielSnrL

DanielSnrL

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What resources and materials would you recommend for development?

Sorry... I confused the topics.

I recommend you to read good books:
Theory of Poker;
The Green Book of Poker;
Power Hold'em;
Mental Game of Poker;
Etc.

Then look up threads on various poker forums.

Always save your hands to study later as you will see many similarities on the forums.

xaj9x

xaj9x

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you, man...))) I think I will spend my time during the holidays studying the material proposed by you..)))

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
be patient and disciplined

xaj9x

xaj9x

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, last tournament I lost a lot of chips too early and started playing with absolutely no discipline, dissuiplining is a very important point

AlexStar1981

AlexStar1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Greetings. I am a beginner pokerman myself. Although I have been playing for a long time, there is no in-depth, professional approach. Therefore, I consider myself a novice amateur. But I will give advice)))
You must always stick to a strategy at all costs!

xaj9x

xaj9x

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes such players come across the table that it's hard to read their strategy, and they quickly expose you and your strategy

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Xaj9x,

Well the first piece of advice is - hang on, you have already taken it - you have joined Cardschat!!

I would encourage you to undertake the poker course we have on here - https://www.cardschat.com/become-a-winning-poker-player/

In addition to this, there are so many valuable poker learning resources on Cardschat- check out the learning poker tab here - https://www.cardschat.com/forum/learning-poker-57/

Want tips on poker strategy - check here my friend - https://www.cardschat.com/poker-strategy.php

Good Luck!

xaj9x

xaj9x

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes your material very interesting for me,I spend time this

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1 -have a good bankroll managment,
2- dont play when tired or tilted
3- analize villain poker style and adjust your range of hands based on how they play.

Piligrin66

Piligrin66

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would advise you to watch poker movies, if you have no patience, do not sit down to play, start playing freerolls, develop your intuition, poker is not for us to constantly make deposits, poker in order to win and earn.

T

TaigaMaster

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I became interested in poker when I saw my young relative have a new computer, and the guy was only 18 years old :) I wondered how you can make money on this ...

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everything will very much depend on your starting parameters of discipline, goal setting, responsibility. You must absorb a lot of any information related to poker, if you understand that it will be useful and informative for you. Any concise structured information in the form of an ABC game course or inexpensive workouts.

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm waiting for help and interesting stories on how to start playing better than you can

First of all, welcome to Poker and to community!

Some tips:

S - Take the "CardsChat Training Course" for a spin, you won´t regret it:

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/learning-poker-57/cardschat-training-course-455641/

1 - Avoid to bet more than the pot, mainly, in tourneys, in cash games doing it is more acceptable.

2 - Avoid to, always, limp do mini raises instead of limp.

3 - Avoid to play a lot of hands, mainly, with marginal hands.

4 - Avoid, mainly at the beginning, disputing big pots with a pair, notice a pair is the easiest hand you can do and the chances of lose to a bigger pair than yours are hugest.