There are many things involved in being successful at poker.

cese1962

cese1962

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of us don't realize it, but the work ethic is huge. Some may think poker is an easy job because you can choose your own hours and where to work.
This can make you very flexible to take the lead and take your own initiatives.
But you have to be always on your toes and play hundreds of hours a month, thousands a year, at first just to have a very small percentage of wins and gradually feel safer to increase your bets.
There are math, logic, tilt control, difficult and social skills that not everyone has and are hard to learn. Not to mention that you are comfortable losing money regularly.
The rewards for the have it all may start to look great a few years later. But like most things, it doesn't happen overnight. People who want quick and easy money should find another profession.
I hope I have helped by writing this based on my own times that have happened to me and that can happen if I don't keep reminding myself to be focused and always alert.
Success to everyone.
Hugs!!!
Celso Segovia

Aleks75

Aleks75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!:hello:
I agree with you.There are people who play poker for their own pleasure,but if you want to achieve success ,you can't do without daily hard work.:pcguru: I also noticed that many regulars do not hesitate to turn to psychols when they have problems with the psychology of the game or downstreaks.:saint::banghead::stickyman

P

purplerain

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you want poker to be your primary job you have to put so much time into developing your game, mindset and lot more. And even then most of us cannot really make enough to just live of a poker.

Aguimonteiro

Aguimonteiro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's right, it's very easy to get inspired by the big hits, but they are a point out of the curve, first you'll have to practice, study, learn and lose a lot, losing is part of every pro-player's routine!
I know that being a professional player is not for me, I prefer to be a profitable recreational player, I have my goals for volume, profit and study but because I like to play!

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I've been playing poker for about 11 years, and I totally agree with you. In my opinion, the most important and decisive factors are the player's patience and his discipline. Without patience and discipline, it is impossible to succeed.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To be successful in poker, it's important to listen to people's opinions, but it's also important to experience and feel for yourself .