Is there anything I can learn from freerolls?

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Total posts
Hello! I'm new to poker and don't have my own bankroll! I saw how people on YouTube earned a lot of money from $ 10! Now I'm trying to build my bankroll on freerolls! The question is: can I learn something from them?

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
Before putting ANY money on a site you really should spend some time (a lot!!!) on this site and you will learn SOOO much. There is so much information and you can ask many experts here just about anything. Then you won't waste time trying to play and not knowing what to do.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
You can learn a lot. How to play near the bubble, how to play against aggressive players, and how to play against beginners. Also a good way to learn how to use a site - picking a table seat, betting amounts, card styles, etc.

messats

messats

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
LC
Hello! I'm new to poker and don't have my own bankroll! I saw how people on YouTube earned a lot of money from $ 10! Now I'm trying to build my bankroll on freerolls! The question is: can I learn something from them?

most definitely, freerolls are meant to hone in on your skills or help sharpen them, build up character, and overall help you become a better player

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Total posts
Thanks guys!

Thank you very much for your answers! To be honest, I didn't even think that there was such activity, and they answer so quickly)))

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Total posts
Awards

No, not on their own. But they are a good place to start exercising what you've learned.
I would really recommend the 30-day course on Cards Chat...or indeed, any similar course. This will get you ramping up quickly.

But as you will find, freerolls play quite differently from other games. Lots of people who do not care or know how to play poker well. It is a massive minefield. You need to use position very effectively and manage to outlast the gamblers/bingo players (ie those who shove with any Ace or face).

Depending on where you are from, CC and poker sites have both ticketed and password controlled games. The ticketed games tend to have a smaller field of players and as such, the chance to win decent bankroll support is good.

The $50 social media freeroll, on the other hand, is not worth your time or effort. I believe it will harm your game to become successful at this particular tourney. (because in order to win it, you have to trim out good strategy and rely on luck too often.

But at the end of the day playing with OPM (Other People's Money) is the best way to play. But to become great, it will take a lot of time and work. IE EFFORT. not just playing, but planning, reviewing, practice, measurement, adjustment, remeasurement, etc.

Cheers,
ObbleeXY

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Total posts
Cardschat

No, not on their own. But they are a good place to start exercising what you've learned.
I would really recommend the 30-day course on Cards Chat...or indeed, any similar course. This will get you ramping up quickly.

But as you will find, freerolls play quite differently from other games. Lots of people who do not care or know how to play poker well. It is a massive minefield. You need to use position very effectively and manage to outlast the gamblers/bingo players (ie those who shove with any Ace or face).

Depending on where you are from, CC and poker sites have both ticketed and password controlled games. The ticketed games tend to have a smaller field of players and as such, the chance to win decent bankroll support is good.

The $50 social media freeroll, on the other hand, is not worth your time or effort. I believe it will harm your game to become successful at this particular tourney. (because in order to win it, you have to trim out good strategy and rely on luck too often.

But at the end of the day playing with OPM (Other People's Money) is the best way to play. But to become great, it will take a lot of time and work. IE EFFORT. not just playing, but planning, reviewing, practice, measurement, adjustment, remeasurement, etc.

Cheers,
ObbleeXY
Would love to try this CardsChat course, but I can only speak through an interpreter! I'm afraid I won't understand anything or the translation will be incorrect)))

D

dregan

Legend
Total posts
Awards
As a beginner, you will find it very helpful to play freerolls early in your poker career. You can kill two birds with one stone. The first one is to learn the basics of playing poker, remember well the combinations of cards, how the game works, the probability of cards coming out on the table, observing opponents. The second is to collect your first bankroll while studying. Better to start playing for not your own money. If you lose this money, then it will not be so sorry. But you will understand how strong you are at poker and whether it is worth spending your money on poker.
But you should know that studying at freerolls will only bring you closer to understanding poker. But he cannot teach completely. Freeroll tactics cannot be used where money is played. At freerolls, everyone plays very freely because they are not afraid to lose. Nobody can lose their money here.
Well now go ahead and wish you luck.

Last edited:
Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Total posts
Awards
Freerolls tend to be much looser, but you can still learn just as much from them as from playing at real money if you're taking them seriously.

Winning poker at most levels involved understanding how your opponents are playing and adapting. They don't need to be making decisions you think are good ones to have good practice exploiting their play. If someone is going all-in every hand for example, great -- what is the optimal adjustment to this?

Thinking about these questions will greatly help your game when you transition to playing for real money.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Total posts
Awards
UA

Hi.
Of course, it all depends on you, but I have seen from my own experience that freerolls are the best option for a beginner. If you are patient enough, then thanks to freerolls, you will be able to gain new knowledge, good experience and of course be able to build a bankroll.
Good luck.

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Total posts
Play freerolls til you have maybe 20 bux. then the 55 centers. until you have 100 buy ins, on ACR.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Total posts
Awards
Few points here to consider when playing freerolls,
1,Yes drop the L in learn and focus on the earn long term not just individual freerolls.
2,If all you did was play freerolls and withdraw when reached minimum withdrawal amount congrats you are a winning player it is the only type of poker that is 100% +EV all other buy in games are risky.
3,You need to plan your week though of freerolls before any other buy in games note them in your diary site the game the times that suit your schedule so you do not miss any good freerolls and play them all cherishing every last dollar won.
4,Does not matter how big your bankroll is what buy ins you are playing no need to stop playing freerolls until I die I will open a 8th or 9th screen or more to play them if necessary do not get distracted point 3 takes priority good luck.:)

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Total posts
Platinum level freerolls will teach you more than the bronze level ones. They players there are tougher.

Iddm

Iddm

Enthusiast
Total posts

The minimum you will learn in freerolls is what cards to use for all-in lol...
Freerolls are massive tournaments where you meet all kinds of players and see a lot of weird situations that happens in poker... all that without paying anything... also it is the best strategy training place...
And yes... as you grow your poker knowledge, find your playing style, etc... you will be able to make money out of it...

What I suggest for you is to take a look at the lessons in cardschat 30 day poker course:
https://www.cardschat.com/become-a-winning-poker-player/
And train what you learned there in freerolls.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Some people don't mind losing their own money. Playing freerolls is like having someone else subsidize you while you are learning to play the game and build up the bankroll so you can eventually play against the holy, er, high rollers.

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Total posts
poker

Hi.
Of course, it all depends on you, but I have seen from my own experience that freerolls are the best option for a beginner. If you are patient enough, then thanks to freerolls, you will be able to gain new knowledge, good experience and of course be able to build a bankroll.
Good luck.
It is very annoying when I played well, thought out all the moves, passed all 3350 people and flew out on the bubble 10 people before the prizes, against people with junk hands who push 7 2 offsuit preflop and you call AK, this is very offensive and sometimes I don't want to go into them at all)))

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Total posts
Hello
For me, freeroll CC is not only a way to replenish my bankroll, but also learn to be more disciplined in the game, and after each game I work on the mistakes I made, for me freeroll is something like an exam, and as for this forum, I can you to say that you have come to the right place, if you really strive to learn the game of poker, this is my second year in this forum and I do not regret it.
I wish you success
Best regards, Sergei

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Total posts
Awards
UA
It is very annoying when I played well, thought out all the moves, passed all 3350 people and flew out on the bubble 10 people before the prizes, against people with junk hands who push 7 2 offsuit preflop and you call AK, this is very offensive and sometimes I don't want to go into them at all)))

I know, I know, it is annoying, but if you are a patient player, one day you will achieve your goals.

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Total posts
hello, Sergey

Hello
For me, freeroll CC is not only a way to replenish my bankroll, but also learn to be more disciplined in the game, and after each game I work on the mistakes I made, for me freeroll is something like an exam, and as for this forum, I can you to say that you have come to the right place, if you really strive to learn the game of poker, this is my second year in this forum and I do not regret it.
I wish you success
Best regards, Sergei
Hello Sergey! tell me how do you work on bugs? Maybe there is some kind of discord channel for discussion for Russian speakers? I would love to become a participant!

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Total posts
Awards
Hi there! ofcourse you can learn much from them
a lot badbeats will come, dont get tilted by it part of the game and it happends more often than not

study poker find videos or books to help you learn the game better 1-3 hours study per day or so would help you a lot with your game and understading it better

i wouldnt start using your bankroll at 10$ keep playing freerolls untill you have good bankroll like 50-100$ then start playing with 100 buy-ins so 55$ would get you 100x 0,55 games

save your hands if you know how to and save them and try to see if you see mistakes that you did playing your hand. :)

also if you make an account with a pokersite try seeing if you can find a good referal link so you get extra bonuses and stuff

on some you need deposit to play freerolls!

hope this helps you a bit gl in your grind :)

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
It all depends on your desire to analyze and draw conclusions !!! I would recommend watching a few poker streams and trying to implement the information received in freerolls !!!

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Total posts
Awards

Hey there friend!

You can certainly learn a lot of the basics from freerolls.

How to play different stack sizes, how to build patience to wait for good hands, when to loosen up from the blinds, when to play more aggressive and you get close to the money (especially the big money) and so much more.

You will see a lot of crazy play, and so other than learning what are good enough hands to call all ins with, the early stages don't have a ton of learning in them. But once all the real 'freerollers' have busted out then the real games begins.

Here is a playlist I made on tournaments that I think will help you a lot!

Full Playlist - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBrNnyWekagPbegY51h0xW4tHOFKKn_DU

And if you want a more complete course or free ebook, check out the link in my signature!

Good luck and Happy stackin :)

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Total posts
thanks

Hey there friend!

You can certainly learn a lot of the basics from freerolls.

How to play different stack sizes, how to build patience to wait for good hands, when to loosen up from the blinds, when to play more aggressive and you get close to the money (especially the big money) and so much more.

You will see a lot of crazy play, and so other than learning what are good enough hands to call all ins with, the early stages don't have a ton of learning in them. But once all the real 'freerollers' have busted out then the real games begins.

Here is a playlist I made on tournaments that I think will help you a lot!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiU_K27i0VE

Full Playlist - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBrNnyWekagPbegY51h0xW4tHOFKKn_DU

And if you want a more complete course or free ebook, check out the link in my signature!

Good luck and Happy stackin :)
Thanks a lot! I will definitely try to figure it out!

Freeroll Passwords