Super System 2

vadimcs1495

vadimcs1495

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I have already read the first Super System. I started reading SS2 a couple of weeks ago and it seemed to be pretty repetitive of the first book. (I am talking about the NL Holdem Section). Has anyone read both books that can tell me if Super System 2 is worth reading? Or if there is any new important stuff that Doyle added into the book?

Sean Pilgrim

Sean Pilgrim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think super system is relevant for how much the game has changed since the publication of those books. Population tendencies and strategies have changed a lot since the days of super system and harrington on holdem. I would recommend a subscription to a training/learning site. There's some cheap one, midrange and expensive ones online now.

I previously used: Red Chip Poker
I currently use: Raise Your Edge and Tournament Poker Edge as well as reading Michael Acevedo's Modern Poker Theory.

For a lot of these things to make sense you're definitely going to want poker tracker or holdem manager, equilabs (there's a free version), if you're willing to invest money flopzilla or PIOsolver and if you're looking at ICM spots you'll need ICMizer. Not required by any means but they help so you understand the concepts when you can run calculations and find optimal spots. If you're learning poker, I'd get something more recent and relevant than Super System.