Jdawglet

Jdawglet

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Does your style of play change once you’re in the money? Do you become tighter because your closer to final table or do you make risky calls because even if you bust out…you’re getting paid?

Izzeee

Izzeee

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
ICM pressure is something to take into consideration. There's no need to risk with loose calls if it's going to knock you out of a tournament. If I'm short stacked I'm looking for my spots. If I'm in the top 10 I'm also being careful about my spots, no reason to lose more chips than nessesarry.

Normino

Normino

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I get lazier and stop calling when I should and get upset when I see the hands I would have won if I had called I don't know why I chicken out I'm already ITM I think it has to do maybe with the bigger blinds that make me chicken out..

N

nutself

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think tighten up , wait for others to bust out, would be a good strategy.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It really depends on my stack size. If I'm in the top 10% then it's business as usual. If it seems I need to double-up then I'll tighten up a bit to try and make the ft. I won't chase rivers or set mine, just ABC it.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say that there is an adjustment to the opponent when you are in ITM, rather than a change in the style of play.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My style of play changes.

I’m just a good player until ITM, but I’m a very good player after ITM. :flute::musicus::D

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's good to play the same after ITM.
Is it wrong?

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After ITM short stacks players & chips leaders prefer all-in preflop.

Sometime it force u to change the style , not all depend on your choice.

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to tighten up or keep my same style, and I've always wondered why I don't win more tournaments.

In CardsChat freerolls, I began to notice that a lot of players doing the opposite - they make big overbets and shove all in frequently after we are ITM... so I decided to try it... and I won the ACR freeroll last week. :) So perhaps there is something important to learn from this method. Or, maybe I just "got lucky" and it was "my night". :D

But I will continue to experiment with this idea, I suspect it might teach me some important lessons.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on your stack size. If you are a big stack, you should take advantage of other peoples risk aversion near the bubble by playing a loose and aggressive style forcing them to often make decisions for all their chips. When the bubble burst, some of that risk aversion will go away, and therefore you need to go back to a more normal playing style. You can call a bit wider though, because small stacks will be showing wider no longer being afraid to bust next. If you are a small or medium stack on the other hand, its kind of the other way around. Near the bubble you had to hold back especially against big stacks, but when the bubble has burst, you can loosen up, because its no longer important to outlast a few more players.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It really depends on my stack size. with small stack I do play tight and aggressive. With Middling stacks, its cautiously aggressive. With large stack its loose and aggressive (atleast preflop).

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Certainly !!! Each stage of the tournament is individual !!! And the opening range is also different depending on the stage of the tournament !!!

M

manIk5

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not changing styles , I just focus and continue to play good poker . Sometimes I might do something stupid , but am also doing that when I'm not in the money :)
I only fold almost everything when bubble is on . Then I don't want to bust on single hand when I'm few busts away from $$$ .

adriantempo

adriantempo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
You can't have a style, otherwise the other players will know. Change it up.
Sometimes I play tight all tournament.
Sometimes I play tight, then risky after ITM.
Sometimes I play risky all tournament. I only change from risky to tight if I already have something worth protecting, but usually I don't play big tournaments.

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes in any case more cautious and even more defensive as before in order to get further as possible itm and get more money out as it is feasible. that is the most beautiful thing when you know that you are itm and every place forward brings you more money and brings you further After all, the goal of every poker player is to reach the final table

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Depends on the stack size.

If I have a small stack, I try to find the first possible spot to put my chips in the middle.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Usually my chipstack is really low by the time I get ITM, so I usually go in hands more frequently. Also, I will get way more people to fold as people do not seem to want to take a risk unless they have a premium hand during this part of the game.

duri32

duri32

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play tight and wait for other players to be kicked out.Don't think its a good strategy mainly if you are big stack but sometimes it works well

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I make it a point to practice good bank roll management so sneaking ITM is not a goal of mine. As the money bubble & payout increases approach I am looking for opportunities to exploit weak, tight players & chip up. Final tables & wins should be the goal, not sneaking in for a mini cash.