stack 150bb

L

Lucky River

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
we opened 3bb in early position with QQ, we get 3bet x4, what to do, just call or 4bet?

deputat777

deputat777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, just call. Further on the flop you will see the further action of the opponent.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on villain a bit but what would your plans be if you 4 bet to say 27-30BBs (or more) and then get 5 bet jammed? At that point unless the villain is a maniac I would put them heavily on AA or KK. That might be of big value to us since we could wind up saving chips in the long run but we have to not mind putting in 20% of our stack and then folding away any equity we have. I dont like folding QQ without at least getting some more information so I am not a fan of that route. When you 4 bet you might also get them to fold out their 99-JJ hands which is exactly what we dont want. I would call here and keep their worse hands in. It wont be the easiest to play post flop since we will be out of position (unless this is one of the blinds that does this to us) but we have a strong enough hand to not be scared to play post flop and see how the hand develops.

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pushing is clearly not the best action. What hands will answer you here? I think only KK and AA. I would probably call the flop and see what he did on the turn.

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Certainly a sign of KK or AA or even AK of the same suit so in this case it is calling to check the flop if you crack Q or if there is something bigger than Q.

But if it is a KO tournament and the raise was from someone with chips below 20BB then he would go all in.:eek::eek::eek::eek:

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it all depends on the importance of the tournament and the status of the player at the table, in general, you need to make 4 bets and if the opponent decides to go all-in, then we can safely accept it, since only KK and AA beat us

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I have a deep stack, I usually call 3Bet with QQ than 4Bet. But if you read the opponent is a weak player and will 5Bet or Call 4Bet with a worse hand like JJ, TT, QJs,... it's possible to 4Bet to get value here.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Especially if the Villain is also in early or mid position, I would often just call a 3-bet with QQ when 150BB deep. I feel, that if we 4-bet, we start to narrow the opponents range in a rather unfavourable way for our hand. One might then say, it this mean, we are 4-betting only aces or kings, and if this is not unbalanced. And it kind of is. But especially if its UTG open and UTG+1 3-bet, this action is already so strong, that a perfectly acceptable GTO strategy would be to just call with our entire range including AA or KK. In that way the opponent cant just bluff us to high heaven postflop, and we can possibly get away from hands like QQ and JJ on low boards, because we have AA, KK and sets to call him down with.

corleonegerber

corleonegerber

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just call

I think the best choice is just call to this action, because if the opponent is a good player, you will only be paid if you are losing, and in the best of situation, the villain have AK and you are flipping.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As noted, I'd feel inclined to also call. This deep stacked, a good player is likely to have KK or AA if they 5-bet (unless they sense they can "make moves" off of you and the table).

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
we opened 3bb in early position with QQ, we get 3bet x4, what to do, just call or 4bet?

Usually calling here

We don't love it, but that's just what happens sometimes when you raise from early position

The deeper you are the greater the disadvantage is to being out of position.

So, unless your opponent is a total maniac then it makes sense to keep the pot small and play more defense in this situation here and tread cautiously.