Reading the Board

F

findybaby

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a very important aspect of poker that is vital for you to fully understand and be familiar with. Practice yourself by dealing yourself two cards and three for the flop, the see how many hands you can make up

willjosp

willjosp

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in the board

It is very important to know how to read the table since that is what in the end makes you win or lose your hand:angel:

Ellvira

Ellvira

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the whole game is on bets, even if I have 24o, but the opp does not know my hand, but on the opp raise, I will make a re-raise, what will he think about my hand

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a very important aspect of poker that is vital for you to fully understand and be familiar with. Practice yourself by dealing yourself two cards and three for the flop, the see how many hands you can make up

Thank You for posting

Board reading skills are very important very true. There is a faster way to learn board reading. You play free money zoom type poker and focus on board reading that way you can have real interactions as you learn to understand hand ranges through out an entire hand.

:):)

Aguimonteiro

Aguimonteiro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, board reading is an important part, but also putting your opponent on a range of hands will help you exploit the board to your advantage.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of the boards, the flop is especially important.
Various things can be read from the state of the flop.

N

nutself

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is the very basic skill, but when under stress during play, we can still misread the board and our hands easily, be very carefull not to make obvious mistakes.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Reading the board, all aspects of the game are important and board texture and hand ranges that hit or miss the board in a specific way are a good starting point to consider.

mushthebush

mushthebush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
This is a very basic question and I'm not a good teacher, but...
Pretty intuitive if I'm honest and it comes with practice, loss and analysis. Bet on your opponent missing the flop as they usually do and in microstakes people don't stick to dry boards. Higher stakes, it takes more persuasion to get them to fold.

Other than that, you can have a jack in your hand like an AJ and get the other 3 jacks on the flop, could this be your lucky day huh? But someone like me, as it happens, sticks around and beats you with a straight flush by the river, even though you had the absolute nuts. Got proof as I couldn't believe it myself. So, better stick to guessing what others have rather than what you could make. Draws are just draws usually.

Best practice for reading boards is Omaha, a drawing game where strong draws have more equity than made hands.

Jdawglet

Jdawglet

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Reading the player is sometimes more important than reading the board

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, this is a great point! I see it a lot when players just play the two cards they have in front of them and seem to forget it is a 5 card game, showing down with A high or a pair when there is no way it's good given the betting action and board run out.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Sounds like a good exercise when first learning the rules of the game (to get the hang of reading possible hands), but usually mid-game, I'm mostly thinking about the realistic best possible holdings they may have and their range of possible holdings versus my range. :)

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is also important in reading the board to know what range your opponent might have.