raising rules

D

Delfino

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have a look at this: https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/424DFYC1y

Only pre-flop action is important. Once small stack went all-in and it was called by seat 9 I wanted to go all-in because I was pretty comfortable to continue heads-up with seat 6, especially that it was knock-out tournament. But I couldn't. I only had option to call the all-in, which eventually made me lose the deal. Can you explain to me the exact rule that prevented me from raising? I thought that in NL you could always raise.

armoko

armoko

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would go all in after seat 9 raise. I'm not sure if he could call pre-flop with 55 but it was the reasonable move from you

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have a look at this: https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/424DFYC1y

Only pre-flop action is important. Once small stack went all-in and it was called by seat 9 I wanted to go all-in because I was pretty comfortable to continue heads-up with seat 6, especially that it was knock-out tournament. But I couldn't. I only had option to call the all-in, which eventually made me lose the deal. Can you explain to me the exact rule that prevented me from raising? I thought that in NL you could always raise.

Seat 9 raised 4000 chips. You raised an additional 12000 chips. Seat 6 shoved for an additional 9586 chips. Seat 9 flatted.

TDA rules for tournament play is that the raise has to be at least 1/2 as much as the original raise. So your raise was 12000 and 1/2 of that was 6000 so the 9586 exceeds this.

I think you should have been able to reshove in this situation.

You will have to ask pokerstars why you weren't able to.

It looks like they keep to full raises like in cash games. But I am not sure what their reason is.

Good luck !

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A raise has to be at a minimum the same size as the previous bet. If a player dont have enough chips to make such a raise, then the player might still go all in, but this will not reopen the betting for other players. As for the hand if Villain is bad enough to not fold 55 to that action in front of him, he is probably also bad enough to not fold to a jam from you. So most likely the outcome would have been the same either way.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fundiver hit it. If someone goes all in and it causes a raise that does not meet the minimum standard raise requirements, no one after that is able to raise for that round of betting.

D

Delfino

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the replies. It seems clear now for me.

Poker Rules - Poker Games