Raising Isolate

killing_random

killing_random

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And the A6 hand, again you try so hard to play fancy and "intelligent". Min 3bet. Like what you really want to accomplish, besides to 'play fancy'? Hes not folding, you not building much of a pot, you acomplishing nothing. Nothing good. You just telling others that you are a rec player thats it.
And then you also need to use a reasonable 3-bet sizing. You basically min-clicked him, when gave him odds to call you in position with his entire range, and you only got bailed out, because you smashed the board with two pair.

I currently having confusion about the proper way to raise an isolate. It's too big of an open raise but too small of a 3bet, and I hesitate between x3, x4 3bet size and x2 4bet size. Thinking about making a post about it in Learning Poker.

SO... What a correct multiplier to use? There are different kind of isolates. Like a fishy 3bb or "I'm totaly NOT bluffing" >5bb against one limper. Also isolate change its size depending on amount of limpers and position of the isolator which make it even more confusing :confused:

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you ask about mtt or cash games? and you ask about 3bets or isolate limpers? because I'm kinda confused.

Anyway there is no golden rule. But in cash games as default strategy you can isolate limpers being in position 3bb+1bb for a limper. When out of position then isolate 4bb + 1bb for a limper.

If you talk about 3bets then as default you can play IP 3x raise, and OOP 3.5 or 4x.

In mtts things can be different because of stack sizes changes dynamically but you can follow same concept as a good start.

killing_random

killing_random

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you ask about mtt or cash games? and you ask about 3bets or isolate limpers? because I'm kinda confused.

Anyway there is no golden rule. But in cash games as default strategy you can isolate limpers being in position 3bb+1bb for a limper. When out of position then isolate 4bb + 1bb for a limper.

If you talk about 3bets then as default you can play IP 3x raise, and OOP 3.5 or 4x.

In mtts things can be different because of stack sizes changes dynamically but you can follow same concept as a good start.

Ok now I see that it is actually unrecognizable in my post what I'm really trying to ask, my bad.

I didn't asked about isolate size as a raise. I mean, if opponent made an isolate and I want to raise it, what size (multiplier) should I use for my raise of his isolate. Sizes of opp's isolate can be different like a fishy 3bb or blah blah blah... which make it even more confusing.

Knowing both for cash and tourneys would be nice)

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Depends on how many chips are in the pot, how much are the effective stack...

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok now I see that it is actually unrecognizable in my post what I'm really trying to ask, my bad.

I didn't asked about isolate size as a raise. I mean, if opponent made an isolate and I want to raise it, what size (multiplier) should I use for my raise of his isolate. Sizes of opp's isolate can be different like a fishy 3bb or blah blah blah... which make it even more confusing.

Knowing both for cash and tourneys would be nice)

I would go for same rules. 3x IP, and 3.5x-4x OOP