N

nickwfwong

Poker Player
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey all

When playing home games and with friends, once you fold a hand due to a bet and you were on a straight or flush draw, do you like to see what the run out would be to see if you made the right fold?

Interested to know as I personally normally ask to see (if everyone is ok with it) just to see if I would have hit or is it just best I don’t know? As when I see I would have hit I get upset. Or have I just answered my own question 😂😂😂

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I don't use it to be honest , what's the point to get upset? haha
Wish I could deactivate it in GGPoker :p

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont do it, and I dont like to waste time on it, it will most likely be another card the next time anyway ;)
many of my friends likes to rabbithunt, and then comes the, Oh should I not have folded b.la b.la ..... and they usally dont show their cards when they say say it, so we are are back where we started did he have it ??? or ....

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer not knowing if I would have hit my card. I don't want to be upset .

seirmelo

seirmelo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I agree with you in gender, degree and number. There's no reason to be upset, as this can influence the course of the game, even more so if you fold to a player who opens-raises and cbets bluffing frequently.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I sometimes rabbit hunt on GG but don't know if it's a bad thing. If you are making the right decision folding but then see you would have hit is this a good thing? Could it make you play badly calling slightly lighter the next time? You should be playing the odds, not reflecting on what hit after you fold.

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
No, I do not want to see what cards could have come. Like the others said, it would be upsetting and I don´t need this.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Indeed, it is an interesting question.
But if you get a card that you win on the River, it doesn't matter much.

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I mean, you're only rabbit hunting if you click on the button . It's not like it shows the cards automatically.

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Every bit of information helps. Even when you fold hand after hand and you see that garbage hole cards have turned into quads (2222) and multiple boats time after time.... You can wipe a tear (or two) away as you watch realizing that any two cards can win with the cooperation of the board.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
At our home games, seeing what would have happened is just as fun and creates an air of excitement and chatter, even more than the hands that we see go to showdown. Online, I could care less.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hey all

When playing home games and with friends, once you fold a hand due to a bet and you were on a straight or flush draw, do you like to see what the run out would be to see if you made the right fold?

Interested to know as I personally normally ask to see (if everyone is ok with it) just to see if I would have hit or is it just best I don’t know? As when I see I would have hit I get upset. Or have I just answered my own question 😂😂😂
Think of it this way...

What positive/benefit is there to rabbit hunting? 🤷

Home games are probably the only place it should be even considered and in that setting it's still essentially a waste of time and energy.

If you fold, the hand is over.

Move onto the next one where there can be real excitement rather than empty, faux what-could-have-been excitement.

😉

With that being said, I'm sure some people probably like it and each to their own, but in many places it's actually against the rules.

Kind Regards! ❤️

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can see rabbit hunting making sense in a home game to create a fun atmosphere, but other than that it just makes us more emotional and results oriented, which is the exact opposite of, what a winning poker player want to be. By the same token I dont regret folding, go on tilt or start to call really light in future hands, because the opponent show a bluff.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes i often like to do it . however sometimes i dont want to see because it hurts seeing that i would have gotten there but folded

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hey all

I don't care to look. What is the point? Presumably you made the fold based on the pot odds and/or the implied odds on offer and if that's the case, what the river was going to be, doesn't matter.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey all

As you know - in live games the runout of cards is predetermined by the shuffle. Whereas online it is a waste of time because the rabbit card probably is not the card that would have come next.

It does take more time to always rabbit hunt.

But in my homegame - we respect the emotional pain and agony a player may have from folding a good draw.

So - anybody can rabbit hunt if they pay $1 to the next pot. That one dollar can bring peace-of-mind. lol

So the next hand starts with $1 in the pot before blinds are posted.

willjosp

willjosp

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi
I think the moment you make a bet and you're not sure about your hand it's not allowed for the person who made the bet to show you his cards because you'll know how he plays and if you bluffed or didn't bluff, but of course I would like to see what cards are increasing my hand with:D

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
Once I folded its done, I do not care. It changes nothing.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Once I fold the hand is done and over and I lost. It really does not matter what would have come up as I already lost. To see if I would have won after making a mistake and bad call is not healpful.

DanS87

DanS87

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Once I fold the hand is done and over and I lost.
Exactly this... You make a decision based on the information you have available to you at the given time. Sometimes that decision is the right one, and sometimes it is not. No point in regretting decisions made if you made them with the available information too you.

This applies not just to poker, but to every aspect of decision making in life. The best thing you can do is to make sure you seek out all the information you can to try and make sure that you are well informed before making decisions and help you make the right ones.

Except in poker, you can't really go and look at the upcoming cards, that would be frowned upon lol.

Nokaut men 1997

Nokaut men 1997

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
I don't do it because there's no use for it.
I can only be disappointed.