Polished Poker: Vol I - Free Poker Ebook

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fyi, I somehow missed the last edits that were made that messed up a ton of the formatting. I fixed it, and re-uploaded a new version, so I'd suggest just re-download it if you already got the e-mail.

Yikes... Didn't know it would mess it up that bad. :(

Aleksei

Aleksei

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For fun, posting the self-evaluation chart.

Hand Reading (R) - 6 or so. I know range stoving pretty well, but I have a tendency to over-evaluate hand ranges based on how I'd play a hand, plus I need some experience.
Post Flop bluffing (R/A) - 4-ish. I bluff too much and consequently show up consistently very weak when I show down.
Anticipating Opponent Reactions (P) - uhhh, 5 maybe.
Light Value Betting (R/A) - 4. I tend to value-cut myself a fair bit.
Tilt Control (P) - 6-7. Used to be like 3, but I've gotten used to the variance aspect of the game, and nowadays I just think bad beats are funny rather than threatening. I get more tilted at my own bad play than bad beats/coolers.
Calling Down Light (R) - 5-ish. I am never altogether sure how light is too light and like I said above, I value-cut myself often.
Bet Sizing (R) - 7. Sizing my bets for exploitative purposes (and considering calling odds for exploitative purposes for that matter) is one of the things I do best.
Proper Aggression (A) - 4. I'm really waaaay too aggro, and I can't survive outside of games where every position is a steal position. My HJ and CO ranges are hideously spewy.
Capitalizing on Opponent Weaknesses (A) - 5 or so.
Inducing Bluffs (R) - 6. My bigger problem here is impatience, but honestly inducing a bluff from a lag isn't hard.
Math of Poker (R) - 7. I'm still learning but I'm ace at math in general, so poker math isn't that tough.
Starting and Quitting Sessions (P) - 8. I think I got my methodology for starting/quitting down pretty good.

Aggression- 4
Rational Deduction- 5
Psychology- 6

Last edited:
T

tosha_79

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
John A
When you come back from your honeymoon?

I really want, what would you teach me to play of Texas Hold'em (cash games), if you will have it on their free time.
holder.gif

RaizeR1205

RaizeR1205

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow very cool! Thank you John, I will be digging into this as soon as possible, MUCH appreciated!

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I manually emailed it to you yesterday. You didn't get that either?
no,i didnt get tha manual email either. thats pretty wierd. maybe my hotmail settings are twisted or messed up and its blocking some of my incoming mail. but no worries i got it and it looks great. thanks again and will be giving feedback as soon as ive read it all. the first few pages that i managed to go through look very interesting.

Samango

Samango

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
regged
link went to junk :( Once I'd retrieved it, the book downloaded fine :)

Thanks John

T

Tangerine 53

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Got mine too now - many thanks for this and hope your wedding and honeymoon go well.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Little late to the party, as I just saw this. Thanks John.

luckytvguy

luckytvguy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thinks it is a great book.And may be it will change my view to cash game.I always think that there are more gamble factors in cash game than in tournament.

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks John. Looking forward to it, having followed some of your posts in the analysis sections. Will keep on the lookout for any edit suggestions or questions as I read.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find it interesting that nowhere up top is your name John (as of my first reading). Are you not taking credit for this book?:confused:

If we find spelling or grammatical errors, how should we notify you?
I found one, but did not mark it down anywhere. I seem to remember it was a if/then spelled if /than, or vica/versa.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey everyone! Just getting ready to leave on our honeymoon. Our wedding was amazing, and just a festival of love and laughter.

If you have any questions, comments, anything about the book, just put them in here or PM me. I look forward to reading all of your feedback.

I hope everyone is doing really well, and having a great run at the poker tables!

luckytvguy

luckytvguy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,John.Can you offer mobi format which I can read in my kindle?I have tried the pdf format in my kindle,the font sized cant be changed and is hard to read.And if you dont know what mobi format is,may be doc format can be used instead in kindle which is better than mobi in kindle.

smokeme

smokeme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is anyone havin trouble d.ling the book? i registered and got the email but when i click on the link it just shuts down my explorer. im using Internet explorer. you think thats a problem? and hi john congrats!

M

MaDaMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Downloading it, i will give it a try.

Congratulations on your marriage :)

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
is anyone havin trouble d.ling the book? i registered and got the email but when i click on the link it just shuts down my explorer. im using Internet explorer. you think thats a problem? and hi john congrats!
Right click on the link and save as, or save link as. Or download google chrome, or Firefox.

A

A9ofHearts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks so much for doing this John. I took a quick look at it last night and it looked pretty good. I'm planning on reading thoroughly soon.
Congrats on your marriage :)

N

NGavin_85

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for this John. Congrats on the wedding and have an awesome time on the honeymoon!

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Thanks so much for doing this John. I took a quick look at it last night and it looked pretty good. I'm planning on reading thoroughly soon.
Congrats on your marriage :)

^^Same as above...skimmed and liked what saw. Will read.

luckytvguy

luckytvguy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
May be you should try other browsers,like chrome.