Poker strategy books&videos for a NLHE rusted player.

gupiel0k69

gupiel0k69

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Hello CC community ;)

I almost completely dropped poker ~10 years ago when the whole GTO concept was coming in. At that times i was a winning player both at tournaments (AV buy-in ~5$) and cash games (up to NL25) so yeah, i know the basics and stuff. Lately i decided to came back to poker but things got...hmm rusty. The game and strategies for sure changed and I do not feel confident with my game.

I would like to seriously ask you for some recommendations for a player like me to get back quickly on a ride with poker, thanks in advance.

R

rafffinamore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If you're a rusted player looking to improve your No-Limit Hold'em (NLHE) game, there are a number of great strategy books and videos available that can help you take your skills to the next level. Here are some recommendations:

1. "Harrington on Hold'em" by Dan Harrington: This three-volume series is considered by many to be the definitive guide to NLHE tournament strategy. Harrington is a former WSOP Main Event champion and a highly respected poker pro, and his books offer a wealth of insights and strategies for playing in various stages of a tournament.
  2. "The Theory of Poker" by David Sklansky: While not specifically focused on NLHE, this classic book is a must-read for any serious poker player. Sklansky's insights into fundamental concepts like pot odds, implied odds, and expected value are essential for understanding the game at a deeper level.
  3. "Crushing the Microstakes" by Nathan Williams: If you're just getting started with NLHE or looking to build your bankroll at lower stakes, this book is an excellent resource. Williams is a successful online poker pro who shares his strategies for beating the microstakes games (i.e. those with blinds of $0.01/$0.02 to $0.10/$0.25).
  4. "The Mental Game of Poker" by Jared Tendler: NLHE is as much a mental game as it is a strategic one, and Tendler's book offers practical advice for improving your mindset and dealing with tilt, anxiety, and other psychological challenges.
In addition to books, there are also many great videos and online courses available that can help you improve your NLHE game. Some popular options include:

• Upswing Poker: Offers a range of courses and videos on various poker topics, including NLHE strategy and mental game tips.
  • Poker Coaching: Run by high-stakes pro Jonathan Little, this site offers courses, webinars, and one-on-one coaching on NLHE and other poker formats.
  • Run It Once: This training site was founded by Phil Galfond, one of the best NLHE players in the world. It offers a vast library of videos on various poker topics, including strategy, hand analysis, and live play.
By studying the insights and strategies of top poker pros, you can improve your NLHE game and increase your chances of success at the tables.

gupiel0k69

gupiel0k69

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Thank you ChatGPT, that's exactly what i was looking for.

mattiebumpo

mattiebumpo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would also recommend the CardsChat 30 day poker guide/videos. It is a great refresher/overview.