Poker profitable? Or not?

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You do not really want to accept this frigate nl10. Last week I was trying to bring you back the 5b min. That day I gave myself 2 hours of play and I was in the middle of about 10-15 minutes at the end. With the smaller 1-2-3 adolescent particle I leveled myself all the way where I brought it, where I had to throw it, and I slept 2 allints. He was not so surprised by the deficit, it was like this already. Only after that came the 3 pre allines clash, so I did not expect the last 3-4 minutes and X did everything.
So let's go again. I hung there at the edge of my mouth, a moment later the vacuum sucked in, chewed a little bit and kindly ... fluhh ... I was already knocking on the ground in the roller coaster. There was no problem thinking I still had enough bucket before I had to work again at n5. For the sake of safety, I redeemed 1k points once I reached it again. I've been trying around $ 270 for the last time and now. It must be enough for 25bi. I brought a fraction of it back so it was only 4b of the end of last week.

L

Liezzi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Today is only minimally profitable for those who have a good technical base, before you just had to know how to make cbet on the flop and you were already a good winner. lol

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My banning has improved a lot, things are less affected .... Brm sometimes exists, but it is usually like Columbo's wife.
But my game is pretty good. My biggest weakness is that sometimes I'm too aggressive, but I'm trying to change that.

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like so many poker players, I'm tapping the wind of laziness and the risk of obesity. At present I do not think I'd be fat, but I've always been a liar in such a thing, so that's why it should be hard.

G

grupus21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how do I play and how do I get to see it?

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately, I have not really profitable. I usually paid 50 usd. but I'm losing end of the month. It was bigger prize you? If so write about it. Good luck for everyone;)

I have been profitable in 8 out of 14 years. Some of the earliest years my profits were not tracked as well as they are now, but I also didn't play as seriously as I do now. Playing poker live is definitely where the money is at and I am trying to amp up my studying and commitment to the game to get the same results online. This forum has helped in many ways. It is hard at times to move around through the comments that are low quality, but there are a lot of solid responses, if you take the time to read through. This game will take months or years to learn but a lifetime to master. It constantly changes and since we all are working to understand how our fellow poker players are playing we are having to constantly come up with defenses to combat against how they are playing. It is especially hard these days with all these forums available and the information that I am freely sharing now being available to everyone. Even all this being said, if you put in the time to understanding how your opponents are playing, and really understanding ranges, board texture, position, odds, and bet sizing. You can be a profitable player. There is still times when you will go through downswings, but if you are really a profitable player, the downswing will not last long and you will be back to making profits very soon. Everyone wants to be great at the game but few are willing to put the time and effort into finding out how to accomplish their goals.

So if only 5% make money; then do the rest just love poker enough to accept losing their money?

Yea they play for fun, and the chance to hit it big one day. I'll be it, a fantasy for most, but still the drive to be on ESPN hit a 6+ figure score are all on the minds of many.

H

havealittlefaith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is more about having fun than winning money for me. I think for every recreational player, which is all of us, you should just play for the thrill of a potential win and not worry about winning all the time. It's much more fun to just play for a chance at the final table or maybe hitting a big hand than worry about your money.

F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The money that any beginner spends, is usuaaly learning fees for the other players... takes years to be an active winner at poker, in my opinion...

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As you know, there are several poker rooms, each with different bids. In many cases, we find it difficult to find the right poker room, which room to pay or to which room you would like to receive free poker pot. There are several reasons for this: one of the rooms has a very good software and the other is full of fish, and in another room the VIP system is invincible. After all, all the factors have an impact on your profits or hourly wages.

Galmedic

Galmedic

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As you know, there are several poker rooms, each with different bids. In many cases, we find it difficult to find the right poker room, which room to pay or to which room you would like to receive free poker pot. There are several reasons for this: one of the rooms has a very good software and the other is full of fish, and in another room the VIP system is invincible. After all, all the factors have an impact on your profits or hourly wages.

Agree. Just like picking the right place to pick up your lotto ticket, table selection is extremely important. I hear there is software that will help you find the most profitable tables.

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been profitable in 8 out of 14 years. Some of the earliest years my profits were not tracked as well as they are now, but I also didn't play as seriously as I do now. Playing poker live is definitely where the money is at and I am trying to amp up my studying and commitment to the game to get the same results online. This forum has helped in many ways. It is hard at times to move around through the comments that are low quality, but there are a lot of solid responses, if you take the time to read through. This game will take months or years to learn but a lifetime to master. It constantly changes and since we all are working to understand how our fellow poker players are playing we are having to constantly come up with defenses to combat against how they are playing. It is especially hard these days with all these forums available and the information that I am freely sharing now being available to everyone. Even all this being said, if you put in the time to understanding how your opponents are playing, and really understanding ranges, board texture, position, odds, and bet sizing. You can be a profitable player. There is still times when you will go through downswings, but if you are really a profitable player, the downswing will not last long and you will be back to making profits very soon. Everyone wants to be great at the game but few are willing to put the time and effort into finding out how to accomplish their goals.

So if only 5% make money; then do the rest just love poker enough to accept losing their money?

Yea they play for fun, and the chance to hit it big one day. I'll be it, a fantasy for most, but still the drive to be on ESPN hit a 6+ figure score are all on the minds of many.
Thank you for the advice. I think so too ;). Good luck

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi there. Other things have also been experienced if the stars are either tilting: preflop AA KK QQ JJ is in my hand someone's allin comes i give it to the opponent eg a Q9 or 33 and he has more chips then the cases are approx. 85% takes the pot because either you will come to him or you will have a row. The worst part of my hand was KK flop: KK9 bb. Of course I give him AA and see miracle turn: A river: So the board: KK9AA. Yesterday I won a 9-person satellite for a race. About 20 minutes after the tournament, when I got into the word, the average chip was about 20% more than the stack. I also understand the average in 10 minutes. At this point I was in the second, with JJ in my hand I raised 3 blinds, somebody went allin went preflop. (He had about 5% more chips.) I gave it. He was in Q9s. You know, you dropped out of a Q. That's almost always the case if your opponent has more chips. Is it only the stars, or in other rooms? Thanks.

D

DillonRJ

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Im not profitable because I tilt and lack discipline. Playing my best i keep brakeing even and than i dont profit and i tilt and lose a lot of Money :( Well.i'm a fish and i know it xD

H

Honest

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is played with currency and rank at stake, so yes it can be profitable.

Your goal should be to understand the dynamics of how the game works, the math and psychology involved and your limitations as a player, so you can overcome them and transform into a better player.

Yonip17

Yonip17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Profitable? Maybe yes maybe no. For someone no but for someone yes. It's very simple. In every competition their will be a winner and loser. If you want to be a winner you have to work hard for it,learn,study,manage etc. Many people succeed in poker because they work hard for it and they make good profit.

bruno13xs

bruno13xs

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
if you are a great player for sure will be profitable plays poker now is an average player as I have to be very careful

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On the days when you feel that the game does not go so well, do not you like to play what you are doing? Do you just let this happen? Do you think that you are developing your C or D game by playing more?

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it is not profitable yet but someday who knows.:D

T

Tu Ng

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've only played freerolls and won about $100 total. So it can be profitable. But the time I've spent winning that $100 adds up to well over 500+ hours, averaging $0.20/hr lol. I could have made more working at Mc Donald at minimum wage.

Z

Zikasamaster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker for me is profitable,butin world have proos who make a millions of dollars,so you must be great to be winning player.....

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to make it profitable you have to create a series of gifts starting with a winning or losing limit and also know which tables you are going to sit on, no matter how twelve or one of my favorite players, it is useless to be the 5th best player in the game. world if you're sitting at the same table with the 4 best in the world
:dancing2:

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In Bogota, Columbia, the government tried to reduce car pollution by rationing when cars could drive, if your license plate ended in 1,2,3 or 4, for example, you could not drive on a Friday. Rather than reduce pollution, this policy increased it, as everyone bought multiple cars so they could drive every day. They also had to buy cheap cars, which were more dangerous to the environment.:D

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The most common one that online poker has been battling with forever is the appropriate amount of rewards to give to high volume players. It is true that the most loyal customers should be rewarded in any business, but when the rewards are too high they make the incentive playing more, not playing the game as the operator and rest of the player pool would perhaps like.

B

Barbarik

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe so, if mind and skill there is, then of course profitable poker. With the right skill, you can earn a whole lot of money, which makes the pros at poker tournaments.:icon_rr:

I've only played Freerolls and won about $100 total. So it can be profitable. But the time I've spent winning that $100 adds up to well over 500+ hours, averaging $0.20/hr lol. I could have made more working at Mc Donald at minimum wage.
It seems to me that freerolls exist for you to improve your skills, not to earn money. I understand if the Bank was $ 10,000 and there were 10 prizes, and there are a lot of prizes, and even the money is tiny. Personally, I'm playing for fun and leveling experience in poker.:icon_bigs

Last edited by a moderator:
P

pokersextreme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can be profitable but in my experience when you win or cash in a big tournament they take back all the money! So next tournament i win I'll wait a week before i play again that's the only thing that'll work it seems!