playing styles in poker

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to know each of the methods and strategies of the game. And be able to apply them depending on the situation.

N

nutself

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
GTO and exploitative plays are in fact two strategies interrelated, any strategy deviates from GTO will be exploitatable, but to take avantage of a non-GTO strategy, one has to also deviates from GTO, which is dangerous if observed by another player.

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
For me personally I would say that a tight aggressive style is the best but I am very curious about GTO. I have heard about it but I need to learn more about it.

N

nutself

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For me personally I would say that a tight aggressive style is the best but I am very curious about GTO. I have heard about it but I need to learn more about it.

GTO is short for game theory optimal, GTO play is very difficult for human players to implement correctly, but since most players do have leaks(deviate from GTO) in their plays, that means the exploitative play(those plays that take advantage of leaks) can be ver profitable, but that requires players to very observant.

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My style is tight aggressive. I believe that the GTO style is not needed at micro limits.

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Many people think that the tight-aggressive style is the most suitable for the game. I believe that you always need to play to your opponents, if the table can play a little loose style and vice versa, playing tight in turbo tournaments means getting burned out in the blinds and vice versa playing loosely in slow tournaments, that is, finishing the game before the blinds raise. First of all, you need to study the TRP, and then work on the game in different styles.

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is good to changr styles to keep opponents guessing

M

manIk5

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In tournaments I play almost always a nit style , while playing cash games tight agressive . But can easily adjust depending on opponents style on my table .

igroksash

igroksash

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think you should stick to a certain style, it all depends on what opponents you are playing at the table with and on the size of your bankroll.