Playing Pocket 6

A

augustolorenzzo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys, how are you?
This is my first post here and I would like to discuss it the best way to play a Pocket 6.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey guys, how are you?
This is my first post here and I would like to discuss it the best way to play a Pocket 6.

So to start, in what part of the game? Are you talking about a tournament of a cash game?

In a tournament for me, especially early in it, you can call or call a raise depending on how many people are in the hand. If you hit your set you will basically get their stack if they have a bigger pocket pair. You just have to be careful of playing it all the time. You are not going to hit a set every flop.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey guys, how are you?

And welcome to the Cardschat family! Keep asking as many questions as you can think of!

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep, depends on the situation, either you limp and hope to hit a set, or you go all in to play against AK, hoping he will not hit. Folding is always an alternative :icon_king

John Turnner

John Turnner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, well done that you are with us))
pocket 6, what is there to discuss?
You open from any position, or call on thrips,
on 3bet fold, with a stack of 15bb and less shove.

W

whosdaboss25

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From the button or cut off and very careful that's is how you play pocket 6's for a set mining opurtunity and that is it if a 6 doesn't hit the flop or you don't get a straight possible then get the hell out of the hand as quick as possible if bet into don't play cute game or get tricky with it you'll lose your ass if you do that's how you play your pocket 6's.

L

lokinet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yep, depends on the situation, either you limp and hope to hit a set, or you go all in to play against AK, hoping he will not hit. Folding is always an alternative :icon_king
really ? i am not shure. i read an article to limp with pocket pair is not profitable. bewcause to hit a set is so unlikly that the blind is wasted money

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
really ? i am not shure. i read an article to limp with pocket pair is not profitable. bewcause to hit a set is so unlikly that the blind is wasted money

your choice, you can raise and fold, that'll cost you 3 BB
I want to say, If you need to hit a set, play them as cheap as possible.
You can do a minraise as well to have the BB bet or fold as well...

I call them sexy sixes and shove them anyway, hehehe

drunkalien

drunkalien

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
your choice, you can raise and fold, that'll cost you 3 BB
I want to say, If you need to hit a set, play them as cheap as possible.
You can do a minraise as well to have the BB bet or fold as well...

I call them sexy sixes and shove them anyway, hehehe

I once played a guy who everyone knew 7-8 was his favorite hand. He would sometimes accidentally divulge it to a new player out of lack of focus. You could literally sometimes ask him directly if he had his fave hand and his face would give it away. Sixes... meh I could play'em or chuck'em.
:jd4:

drunkalien

drunkalien

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

I would definitely not limp with a pocket pair unless it was aces and the table had recently been spooked with a lot of overbets on the preflop, or flop. :jd4:

Attachments

• peggys cove awesome.jpg
    peggys cove awesome.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
drunkalien

drunkalien

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
From the button or cut off and very careful that's is how you play pocket 6's for a set mining opurtunity and that is it if a 6 doesn't hit the flop or you don't get a straight possible then get the hell out of the hand as quick as possible if bet into don't play cute game or get tricky with it you'll lose your ass if you do that's how you play your pocket 6's.

It's always a toss up and any pocket pair can be lethal if played the right way. You shouldn't be limping. I can't tell you how many times i've been burned by some funky stuff on the river when limping with sixes and hitting trips on the turn and somehow the one with the way out low odds donkey hand hits some magical unicorn hand and whap. Not a good time. lol

Attachments

• sixes.jpg
    sixes.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 17
A

augustolorenzzo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Pocket 6

A few days ago, I was in a live tournament, playing in the Button.
I got pocket 6 and I went All in to steal the blinds, but the Big Blind Calls with 9To, and got three of a kind with the 9.
what are the odds of that?

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A few days ago, I was in a live tournament, playing in the Button.
I got pocket 6 and I went All in to steal the blinds, but the Big Blind Calls with 9To, and got three of a kind with the 9.
what are the odds of that?
All-in to steal the blinds? We're you short? We're you near the bubble? Why?

I just saw 66 played from the blinds against AKo in LP in a full ring tourney where making it to the final table SHOULD have been a priority. They 3-bet/4-bet each other to get to all-in pre-flop for no conceivable reason that I could discern.

66 is NOT a great starting hand.

Q

quick81

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like pocket 6's unless I'm in a prime position or dealer with low chips against blinds

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

You bet any pair a third of the time. You have to keep in mind witch pairs you just last hi trips with. If you hit trips in fives its probably a good bet pocket twos or pockets higher the nine will hit next. Then if pocket jacks hit pocket 7s do. then pocket threes to pocket aces to pocket 6s. See you remember your pockets and set a range on them so as to know when your next pockets will occur. High range jacks to aces. Mid range 7s to tens. Mid low range fours to sixes. Low range twos and threes. This range last time that range the time before so now the other range do. Keeping in mind they pair up every sixth time.