Players who bet a lot

J

jumper77

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have problems when another player bets high on every card. Makes me a nervous wreck. I don't understand how they can survive all the betting, and for me.... I would have to be winning many games not to go broke.

Can someone tell me how to deal with this?
Oh, and the game is Texas holdem

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have problems when another player bets high on every card. Makes me a nervous wreck. I don't understand how they can survive all the betting, and for me.... I would have to be winning many games not to go broke.

Do you have a made hand? Is this happening when you raise with QQ or better?

If you are just calling trying to make a good hand then you may not be getting correct pot-odds.

Of course if I see a player betting big every time they are in a hand then I might call them down with just a pocket pair.

Good luck !

J

jumper77

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes it is happening when I have QQ or better. I will see how calling them a lot more might help the situation.

Thanks so much for the reply

D

dedyulya_85

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just play on the map these players will bet a lot if you do not hit and so on you just need to get into the flop and punish it wait for the moment

Geyomobama

Geyomobama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You'll encounter that a lot at the micro stakes...keep playing right with regards to the effective stack sizes. There are certain hands that are not worth pushing...these people often just end up sucking up on you and beat you with a worse hand or worse throw completely of your game. Best advice is to wait them out. And give them a rope coz their dont last long they are bound to hang themselves.

Geyomobama

Geyomobama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You'll encounter that a lot at the micro stakes...keep playing right with regards to the effective stack sizes. There are certain hands that are not worth pushing...these people often just end up sucking up on you and beat you with a worse hand or worse throw completely of your game. Best advice is to wait them out. And give them a rope coz their dont last long they are bound to hang themselves.

Lol i give myself the same advice but its hard to follow. Truth is they are hard to deal with but with little bit of luck they fall easily

J

jumper77

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just play on the map these players will bet a lot if you do not hit and so on you just need to get into the flop and punish it wait for the moment

Thank you. I have already started that and when I nail them, the will back off for a hand.

J

jumper77

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

Thank you. I think yours and everyone else's strategy is a good thing. I'm off to try them now...

P

ProfessorGrind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
player fewer hands, call down more - that's my strategy against overbetters. Let them make a big mistake for 100BB's and let them have the 1-2 BB's instead of pushing it.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I guess you mean that the bettor is in position and you are out of position.

I have encountered many times this type of player , they bet everything no matter their position or the board texture.

In dry boards try to continue even with 3rd pair and a decent kicker of course and if you are deep enough look out for some backdoor hands where you can easily pick some equity on the turn.

Personally I use some check raises in the flop with the above combos or I play aggressively my strong draws. I don't know if you are asking about cash games or tournaments but if you are asking about tournaments be aware for the SPR , sometimes just check jam with a monster draw instead of the check call line , use his fold equity for your own good.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Since they are gambling loosers or insane maniacs, the bottom line is to play fast with them only with premium hands. I like them :)

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

"every card"
wth was that for? your stack is all you can bet, you can use it for betting any time if it's your turn to act, such are rules of the game, solution is obvious - accept it or quit it.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
against such only strong hands and position is desirable
but this is not always a success against maniacs and recreational players
they often get their trash[emoji1787][emoji226][emoji228]

F

fefibecerra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yesterday I saw myself in the same situation. In a pot of 6.5BB the guy bet 30BB out of position, and I was like "WHAT?" I had top pair but I had to let it go, I got the feeling he was crushing me with an overpair. Also, it was too much to risk for just a top pair, but in general I don't know how to handle them.

thehangdude

thehangdude

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
This is why watching the table you play at is so important. Finding these aggressive players is like printing money. They enter with too many hands, then try to scare everybody off with large bets on each street. It works for a while, and they often build up a scary stack.

If you are to their left, you can see when they open and play only good starting hands. You want Ax and pairs, maybe broadways. Stay away from drawing hands like suited connectors. You don't want to be paying 1/2+ pot every street while chasing. If you miss, fold. If you hit, let them bet and slowly call. Make them think you'll fold if they come at you again.

Ideally you want two pair, but top pair is usually good to call their action down. Don't call/call/fold. That is what they live for. Sometimes they will have the hand, but usually top pair will beat them. They usually bet a pair that flops a set the same way they bet JT on an Ace high board.

If you are to their right, open good hands small (2X BB). Let them take control of the action by quick checking into them when you hit. They usually are happy to bet each street when checked to. Sometimes bet a really small amount and see if it makes them shove. They love to attack weakness.

Again, if you miss just fold. Save those chips for when you can double up off these villains.

arenaci

arenaci

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience is key with such players. Just don't try to fight fire with fire. Just wait for a good hand. Eventually, they will gift you their stack.

UM3SH

UM3SH

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't put yourself in a bad decision if a player raising every hand. Play you good game.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. Those type players are in about every tournament. Believe me, it is not a winning style. Play smart; good position, patience until i get a top 10, and if all else looks favorable deliver the goods. Otherwise, I enjoy the free entertainment.

D

Dhendrixon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually tighten my hand range, and give them enough rope so I can get all their chips. They will usually call an all in with top pair weak kicker and you scoop and they run. Until then you need to be patient.

zvezdadelije

zvezdadelije

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maniac 101. My recommendation is to tighten your game up and look for spots where you can get it all in or value bet them.

carlosnuno

carlosnuno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Normally, the denomination of maniac implies that your opponent plays badly and illogically, but also that he is bluffing and playing more than he should in situations where it does not make sense to do so.

Q

Qrise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

this happens all the time in the game and I put up with it, so I learned not to react to them, and they no longer annoy me. Moreover, I look at it from the second side, that they are like fish, and I try to catch them with a top pair or a top flush, or with a set, and I succeed in 90% of cases, because I am not nervous about answering, but I catch them

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Against fish who bets big all the time the best strategy in my opinion is just to wait for good hand and let him bluff

G

greenman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

We talking whales or just free roll junkies type of play . Cheap games wait for big hands then let him raise right out of the game .

J

johnmaltz19

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As long as you have a great pre-flop hand and playability after the flop I would love calling this bet most of the time. That means they are value betting for you just giving him a rope to hung himself.