Omaha - Your Opinion

What is your opinion of Omaha?

• Great game! (comment why)

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • Don´t really like it (comment why)

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Awful! (comment why)

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • I like it, but not as much as Holdem (comment why)

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters
V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon.It is an exciting but a risky and crazy game scecially in cash games.I didn´t feel comfortable playing it.To be honest,I love playing NL Holdem.

nanida888

nanida888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey! Omaha is my first love, followed by Omaha Hi / Lo. What do you like about Omaha? It has many options for both motivation and failure. Your full house can be lower than your opponent's full house, or four of a kind will kill a full house. And there are many such cases, Omaha is interesting in this, that it is necessary to calculate all the variants of combinations not only for yourself, but also for your opponents, and there are many of them. So I advise you to try playing this kind of poker, you won't regret it!

aleomar86

aleomar86

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really like this modality, I think that more than holdem, what's more, I usually have better results in omaha.

S

seraxel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I love the way ideas drive the strategy of the game, as there are too many possibilities to memorize.

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Omaha

I as well would rather play Omaha and H/L versus Holdem.. Much more thinking to Omaha I think, and like at a 9 player table one really needs to be able to think out all the options with more cards of the deck being held by the players in that hand --just my opinion.

Wish CC would as well at least once in a while host one of there freeroll's with a type of Omaha game

GL All ! :D

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont really know the game too well.

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's a nice game but the problem is that is a tempting game for maniac players. in micro game you used to find a lot of aggressive movements preflop and flop, the problem is there really not a strong hole cards, so playing aggressive preflop makes that game gambling.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
The game is more complex than holdem. Unlike holdem where you can just wait for premium hands for Aces or Kings works. In omaha you need to actually learn the game and strategies and play different kind of hands to have success.

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love pot limit omaha. not much of the hi/low omaha player.

ATL2000

ATL2000

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Omaha is fun, but I have a lot of trouble playing against a big stack maniac who pots it preflop on every hand.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't really like it because I focus on NL Holdem and Omaha takes a little time to get used to. I don't mind Omaha, but getting 4 hole cards feels a little strange to me :D Other than Holdem, I have played a little Omaha, Razz, 7-card Stud and maybe a few others; Holdem is miles ahead of any others for me, but Omaha would probably be my second for what it is worth.

Perhaps another reason I don't like Omaha more is because it feels too weird for me to have the second nuts and know I'm surely beat by one or two players xD

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Too many outs for donkeys...no thanks.