$$$ November SNG Thread $$$

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lost quarter of my br today donking off all of that quarter in games I never play, I havn't played any 9 man sngs today yet here I am back to where I was last week. Sometimes I think I will never be a good poker player, sometimes I think I will never even be an average player, pretty upset with my self right now.

GeoffLacey

GeoffLacey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How many did you get in?

Not 100 lol. The lag was just too bad and I had to give up. Was pretty annoying cos I was kinda pumped for it lol. I'm back at uni where my connection is much better plus I have Wednesdays off so I might go for it Tuesday night.

Maid Marian

Maid Marian

RIP Baby BooBoo
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As most people here know, I am currently in my 4th month of ever playing poker. I've been getting better, but I still do stupid things. So my goals are:
1.Study poker, starting with the basics.
2.Identify & plug up the many leaks in my game with the help of my friends here at CC.
3.Do more freerolls for now rather than losing my money.
4.Stop doing stupid moves!
5.Be patient...Rome wasn't built in a day...neither is the best poker player!
6.Remember that even AA is still only a pair.
7.Try not to change every bad habit at once...it can be very overwhelming!
8. Don't play while 'on tilt' or if you're not feeling good. Chances are, you will lose!
9.NEVER GIVE UP! You will win eventually!

So far I've accomplished the following since I began 4 mos. ago:
1.Placed 11th in Carbon Twitter freeroll...won $1.10 SNG
2.Won 2 tickets to the Daily Dollar on FT...2/4 tries.
3.Placed #30 in Twitter Carbon freeroll...won .60 SNG
4.Won the Carbon challenge by Grafkarow...over a six-wk period...won $6 on Carbon acct.
5.Came in #2 on PS...single table...won $9.60
6.Came in #3 on PS...single table...won $6.40
7.First final table in tourney...FT CC game...came in #8 for $5
8.2nd final table in tourney...PS...finished #7 for $7.65
9.3rd final table in tourney...Carbon CC buy-in...finished #5...was chip leader at final table & my computer shut down for the night...weird...still finished #5 for $12.50
10.Won HU game vs MDTed in gals vs guys CC Challenge

This may not be much to some, but to me it's priceless, & hopefully just the beginning of a winning game. I need to be more consistant also...I still don't know my style of playing yet, but I'm sure I will figure it all out in time. I have learned nearly all I know about poker by jumping into the deep end without knowing any rules and then by using all of the advice I have received from fellow CC'ers.

I know that I will win someday soon...and it will be due to all of the friends I have from CC & my determination to never give up. Thanks y'all for all of your help. MM:angel:

Errant Dog

Errant Dog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As most people here know, I am currently in my 4th month of ever playing poker. I've been getting better, but I still do stupid things. So my goals are:
2.Identify & plug up the many leaks in my game with the help of my friends here at CC.
8. Don't play while 'on tilt' or if you're not feeling good. Chances are, you will lose!

4.Won the Carbon challenge by Grafkarow...over a six-wk period...won $6 on Carbon acct.
9.3rd final table in tourney...Carbon CC buy-in...finished #5...was chip leader at final table & my computer shut down for the night...weird...still finished #5 for $12.50

This may not be much to some, but to me it's priceless, & hopefully just the beginning of a winning game. I need to be more consistant also...I still don't know my style of playing yet, but I'm sure I will figure it all out in time. I have learned nearly all I know about poker by jumping into the deep end without knowing any rules and then by using all of the advice I have received from fellow CC'ers.

I know that I will win someday soon...and it will be due to all of the friends I have from CC & my determination to never give up. Thanks y'all for all of your help. MM:angel:

GOOD LUCK MM!! Keep us posted.

Anyway, I came to the realization today that I won't be able to get silver star playing the $3.25 sng's. I'd have to play around 30 sng's a day which is just not possible with school and work.

Guess I'm just gonna have to keep buying swag from the store until I can get silver. I already have a hat and the hoody. The hoody is REALLY comfortable. I think I might get a jacket next.

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With 15minutes until dinner I decided to start a Heads up PL SNG (i know, dont start something you cant finish). Anyway, got into about the third level of blinds and I get the call for dinner, I start max raising every hand so we can get it over with. I manage to pull off two major suckouts and beat the poor guy...

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
NL Holdem $40(BB) Replayer
($1,760)
Hero ($1,240)

Dealt to Hero 9:spade: T:heart:

Hero raises to $120, raises to $360, Hero raises to $1,080, raises to $1,760 (AI), Hero calls $160 (AI)

FLOP ($2,480) 4:diamond: T:club: 7:spade:

TURN ($2,480) 4:diamond: T:club: 7:spade: T:spade:

RIVER ($2,480) 4:diamond: T:club: 7:spade: T:spade: A:diamond:

shows K:club: K:diamond:
(Pre 83%, Flop 78.4%, Turn 4.5%)

Hero shows 9:spade: T:heart:
(Pre 17%, Flop 21.6%, Turn 95.5%)

Hero wins $2,480

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
NL Holdem $40(BB) Replayer
($400)
Hero ($2,600)

Dealt to Hero T:spade: 4:club:

Hero raises to $120, raises to $360, Hero raises to $600, calls $40 (AI)

FLOP ($800) 4:spade: J:spade: 2:club:

TURN ($800) 4:spade: J:spade: 2:club: 8:diamond:

RIVER ($800) 4:spade: J:spade: 2:club: 8:diamond: 4:heart:

shows A:heart: K:diamond:
(Pre 67%, Flop 23.1%, Turn 13.6%)

Hero shows T:spade: 4:club:
(Pre 33%, Flop 76.9%, Turn 86.4%)

Hero wins $800

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Very good, sound like your halfway there already so gratz.

Yesterday was a very bad poker day. I just kept opening games donking my money of in the first few rounds, I mean most of the time I would have the edge and got out draw but truth is most where hands I could have folded. I have trouble sleeping sometimes due to artheritis and I made the mistake of playing while pretty much beat. It wasnt even the standard 9 mans I play either.

Planning to try get my br back up to 50 dollars and treat it like I have just deposited when I get back.

Maid Marian

Maid Marian

RIP Baby BooBoo
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks so much for the praise & support y'all...it means so much! And I will keep everyone updated! I'm sure that when I finally do win that everybody will hear me yelling worldwide! Hehehe! MM:angel:

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks so much for the praise & support y'all...it means so much! And I will keep everyone updated! I'm sure that when I finally do win that everybody will hear me yelling worldwide! Hehehe! MM:angel:

I'm sure you'll be able to become a winning player. But until then you always wecome at my table.:)

Errant Dog

Errant Dog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The power went out in my apartment last night, so I went to the school library to play poker lol. I've played every day in nov. so far, so I couldn't let mother nature stop me.

I've made a pretty substantial change to my game and I think its paying off. I have become much more aggressive on the bubble. I am bubbling more often, but I am also winning or making top 3 more often (playing the 45p sngs). So in the long run I think I will see a better profit. I just have to keep my self calm when I bubble.

sharkyo01

sharkyo01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mmmm Well after talking to a few people on here and seeing that pokerstars SNG have a better Blind structure and more time in the blinds... I start knocking around in PS. And seem to be gelling better with the PS SNG's better i keep you guys update as normal....

L

lexian8

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My first 90 games,

$10 account playing 5cent buy in 10 player SnGs. Lowest draw down was $9.60, currently $10.40.

I am thinking I am risking too little capital, do you think I should play 10c or 20c games ? Meaning risk 5% instead of the current 1% or less.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My first 90 games,

$10 account playing 5cent buy in 10 player SnGs. Lowest draw down was $9.60, currently $10.40.

I am thinking I am risking too little capital, do you think I should play 10c or 20c games ? Meaning risk 5% instead of the current 1% or less.

I would personally play the .20 sng's if I only had $10.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would play 20c games if I had over 50 buyins($10). Below $10 I'd do the 10c games and below $5 I'd drop to the 1c ones. But at these stake you might get away with only 25 buyins or even less.

L

lexian8

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would play 20c games if I had over 50 buyins($10). Below $10 I'd do the 10c games and below $5 I'd drop to the 1c ones. But at these stake you might get away with only 25 buyins or even less.

Hi, thanks, that is a good guide....do u disregard the buy in fee ?

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, thanks, that is a good guide....do u disregard the buy in fee ?

No I include it. But you might even want something more aggressive than this. As the buyin fees are usually very high in proportion to the pay out at the lowest stakes. You could do something like taking a shot with any money over required amount buyins for the level your on. For eg $5 would give you 50 buyins of 10c. So if you have you might allow one shot at the 20c games with $5.20 in your roll. Instead of waiting until you had the required $10. This is more aggressive and you got to be willing to drop levels quick if you lose.

L

lexian8

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No I include it. But you might even want something more aggressive than this. As the buyin fees are usually very high in proportion to the pay out at the lowest stakes. You could do something like taking a shot with any money over required amount buyins for the level your on. For eg $5 would give you 50 buyins of 10c. So if you have you might allow one shot at the 20c games with $5.20 in your roll. Instead of waiting until you had the required $10. This is more aggressive and you got to be willing to drop levels quick if you lose.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just redid my HUD for SNGs.

line 1--hands/name/"m"/raise 1st in SB
line 2--vpip/pfr/agg/steal/fold to steal/resteal

the name will change to green w/15-24BBs -- good restealing stack size
then to red with 14BBs or less -- push or fold stack
vpip/pfr/agg in yellow
steal/fold to steal in blue
raise 1st SB and resteal in orange

i find it helps when multitabling to look for certain colors. oh and i found under appearance tab you can choose a transparent backround.

Attachments

• HUD.JPG
    HUD.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 25