Note Taking

F

findybaby

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's amazing how many players you play against again and again, particularly in Cardschat and other smaller entry games.
Keep a fairly comprehensive log when you meet a player again, noting their strengths and weaknesses.

A

apostrophe

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What are some things to note when playing against opponents?

Ronaldo7

Ronaldo7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It can be realy useful if you play on smaller site with "usual suspects"...

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Keep a fairly comprehensive log when you meet a player again, noting their strengths and weaknesses.

And if you dont do that then this is a sign of world end or what ...

Aleks75

Aleks75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's amazing how many players you play against again and again, particularly in Cardschat and other smaller entry games.
Hi!
I agree that it is necessary to evaluate opponents, but it is difficult for me to do this when playing at 4-6 tables.And after the session, a lot is forgotten, even if you use H2N.

It can be realy useful if you play on smaller site with "usual suspects"...
Hi!
Although I am a beginner myself,I try to pay attention to the opening ranges,the size of bets,the frequency of entering limp or 3bet.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm also a regular at ACR's CARDSCHAT tournament, but I can't find a distinctive player.

blackknives

blackknives

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Perhaps against the usual group of ppl? e.g. perfect here if you're seeing the same players in the freerolls over and over again

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I don't have a formal list like this yet, but I have already recognized who the sharks are, who the fish are and who is capable of what plays for the most part already. Although I don't regularly use a HUD yet either (just observational impromptu skills so far :D ), half of the note taking work is already done automatically then with updated statistics. Using a HUD, there is less reason to make notes of things like how loose they play, various statistics like VPIP already give this information.

What are some things to note when playing against opponents?
Anything you might find of value for the future! This could be as simple or complicated as you like :) More important than labeling subtle points from the regs is probably just quickly identifying who the fishier players are and playing against them instead of the regs whenever possible.

Be on the lookout for things like playing too many hands, donk bets, limping into pots and so on; all of these might indicate a fishier player and this is worth knowing as early as possible.

I'm also a regular at ACR's CARDSCHAT tournament, but I can't find a distinctive player.

I consider myself a regular at the ACR cardschat freerolls too, but I play in the Platinum level freerolls. There are many "repeat" players I see attend there; perhaps moving up in level would give you more players worth noting. :D

The best part is that Platinum level is free. Just keep posting quality posts on cardschat to build up the post count and you'll be there before you know it :)