NL Texas Hold'em solved?

shinmenkami

shinmenkami

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a recent interview, after winning a HU match against Negreanu, Doug Polk afirmed that its not either we like or not, poker headed in a direction that opinions and playstyles dont matter anymore, and there is a right and wrong answer for each play.
Researching about it, i found a article from 2019 by M.Bowling tittled: Heads Up Limit Texas Holdem Is Solved, that seems to agree with Polk when it comes to limit.
With the growth of simulations and mathematical analisis of the game, i dont doubt that is the truth for HU matches, but how long will it take for NLHE becomes like checkers and have a formula, and how complex would that formula be?

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Please don't listen to Doug Polk, he thinks, he's the solution to everything. Unfortunately Daniel didn't smash him to show him, where he belongs...

shinmenkami

shinmenkami

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Please don't listen to Doug Polk, he thinks, he's the solution to everything. Unfortunately Daniel didn't smash him to show him, where he belongs...

You cant deny that even Negreanu had a team running hand simulations and probabilities of ranges .

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
In a recent interview, after winning a HU match against Negreanu, Doug Polk afirmed that its not either we like or not, poker headed in a direction that opinions and playstyles dont matter anymore, and there is a right and wrong answer for each play.
Researching about it, i found a article from 2019 by M.Bowling tittled: Heads Up Limit Texas Holdem Is Solved, that seems to agree with Polk when it comes to limit.
With the growth of simulations and mathematical analisis of the game, i dont doubt that is the truth for HU matches, but how long will it take for NLHE becomes like checkers and have a formula, and how complex would that formula be?

I'd be interested in seeing this article - sounds like it's worth the read. Do you have a link?

Last edited:
TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think there is a big difference between limit and no limit. Stack depth is another consideration that is present in NL which is really not as much of a concern in limit.