Most important thing that improved your game?

W

wizz99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being patience and making maximum value when you have made the nuts. Study and re-study and your game will improve. If you have a small bankroll you can study and try out the things you have learnt in a play money game risk free!!

elchonga

elchonga

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hi,

what is the most important thing you learned about the game and would you like to pass it on to new players like me? Imagine that you were teaching yourself when you started playing, what would you say? And what to focus more on and what not to focus on?

What improves and I think is important is knowing what range and position to call and taking more time to analyze and decide on the river.

F

Fida

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Getting familiar with ranges and learning how to play on every street took my game to a next level.

S

stargeezer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Feeling good

Hi all,

First i would like to say thank you for all the great advice i received.

Been awhile and i have taken everyone's advice and my game is improving, the 30day course by Cardschat did make me understand the game a lot more! Thank you for the content.

I have since also watched a lot of pro streamers and studied a lot of free contents available, however i understand poker now is a never ending learning curve! To be a profitable poker player i must study, observe and mostly love the game.

I have started to win and finale table in low/micro stakes and not to mention winning some freerolls in ACR to build a bankroll but again i need to work on bankroll management and because of that i am not a profitable player at the moment.

I will continue to work hard and be dedicated and not get my ambitions mixed up with my capabilities.

Peace and GL at the table everyone :)

kkuk

kkuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hello.the most important thing that improves my game is practice.the more time I practice, the higher the level of the game.

srurrr

srurrr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The most important thing in poker is to read the psychology. By reading the psychology of the opponent, you can understand the value and bluff, and you can place an appropriate bet amount on the opponent.

diago726

diago726

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The most important thing that I improve my game is practice and practice and more online games and Freeroll have improved my game a lot.

SillentHunterZ

SillentHunterZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience, i was eager to play every hand, to join every hand. Now i wait for my turn to shine.

Valera979

Valera979

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience-yes! ) I'm happy for you, my friend! )Shine and win! )

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Patience, analysis of your game and the game of the opponents in specialized programs, liberation of thoughts during the game.

carlosnuno

carlosnuno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The most important thing that I am improving my game is to wait for a good hand but sometimes I get excited when I am about to reach the final table and with good hands they eliminate me (I do not understand why, but I want to imagine that this is the game, because if they see with what they have killed me, I am doubtful if it is a game or something else ... but the most important thing in this game is patience regards

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The most important thing I ever learned, was when (many years ago), I read a number of poker books.

Each, and everyone of them, stressed the importance of patience. "Be patient...the cards will come". It's true.

Valera979

Valera979

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Before the pokerstars games, you need to have a good rest,get some sleep .And go forward with fresh strength and win!

The most important thing I ever learned, was when (many years ago), I read a number of poker books.

Each, and everyone of them, stressed the importance of patience. "Be patient...the cards will come". It's true.
Yes, it's true that it's written in the books.But sometimes the truth is patience does not happen.And also when you know that the opponent does not have good hands and specifically raises, and you have to fold the cards.That's why I like tournaments with deep stacks.

Last edited by a moderator:
okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Evan Jarvis, Gripsed, offers good poker coaching tutorials on youtube.
Another good free coach is Splitsuit, James Sweeney.

Navin Sarabjeet

Navin Sarabjeet

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
SR
Chips
Hi,

What is the most important thing you learned about the game and would like to pass on to new players like myself? Imagine that you were teaching yourself when you first started playing, what would you tell him? And what to focus on more and what not to focus on?

hello, i would tell myself: DON'T GO ON TILT DUMBO:D
and have a little more patience and take lots of notes and especially participate in forums like CC where you can learn a lot for FREE:eek::eek:

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
  • Strong pre-flop game
  • Understand pot odds
  • Label your opponents
  • Buy a HUD in order to review your game whenever you want and if possible with a better player than you / coach

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The most important thing that improved my game was to eliminate distraction of TV sports game being on. Also stay focused on your game and don't go surfing the web on the side.

Porras2424

Porras2424

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks to a lot of effort, patience, perseverance, studying ranks here in CC, watching many videos of professionals on you tube, following free couch tips ,, barbarian motivations ,, always positive to achieve long-term goals ,, etc etc ,,, All of the above mentioned, it has been extremely useful to me, I already agree to win, I keep calm when playing, it helps to avoid getting into unnecessary problems, I feel that I am on an excellent path, I have to follow what I have learned and try not to get out of him ... I try to comment on all the progress of what I am doing ,, so that what I am starting can serve you, because in the long term it can help us ,,, the road is long and of a lot of variety ,, but you can ,, luck friends ,, it may be useful ,,, the test is of each one ... it is like salvation is individual ...health, progress ..

det0nate

det0nate

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
keeping to my own set of rules and not to brake them for any reason ..
dont let fear take u out of the game!

G

gwooof

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience when to slow play when not to go all in with kings or queens when to push when to bluff just try to go on tilt after a bad beat patience is called for all the above I never win when I get aces

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
Patience , BRM , post flop games and game leaks are 4 core things which can improve our game big time .

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi,

What is the most important thing you learned about the game and would like to pass on to new players like myself? Imagine that you were teaching yourself when you first started playing, what would you tell him? And what to focus on more and what not to focus on?

#1 Understand bankroll management so you can take emotions out of the game
#2 Learn the fundamentals of a solid strategy, keep it simple in the beginning
#3 Learn how to find good games where you can have an edge over weaker players
#4 Play when you are feeling good, and play for enjoyment (not to 'make money')
#5 Fall in love with learning, and studying, and practicing regardless of the results

For a quick start check out this playlist: http://gripsed.com/win

Or you can join my site (completely free) and get access to my entire library of teaching material going over exactly what you asked for... what I wish I'd learned when I first started playing poker :)

Top 10 Games