*** May Micro Grinder Thread 2NL - 25NL ***

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
horrible in what sense? bad play or frustrating?
Horrible players and frustratingly slow.
But i did get a bunch of points and was up like 30$ so that makes it a litle better.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Horrible players and frustratingly slow.
But i did get a bunch of points and was up like 30$ so that makes it a litle better.

slow? So that means mass multi tabling I may play some as I want to build VPPs quicker this month.

EDIT: No I wont

Last edited:
S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
slow? So that means mass multi tabling I may play some as I want to build VPPs quicker this month.

EDIT: No I wont
Yeah im sure i could 15-20 table FR limit but have trouble doing more then 8nl so yeah probably a good way to get the VPPs u need for the UK promo.
Would have to mix levels since there arnt to many tables running at any given time.

In other news i played some HU .50/1$ limit just now cause today if been experamenting with all sorts of games and i got owned:eek:

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
[x] Lost 200bb's paying off a drooler who turned his flush vs my set.

[ ] Listened to c9's advice about leaving when 200bb's deep as i suck at deep stack cash.

[ ] Currently beating 2nl

[x] Next time i find myself 200bb's deep with another 200bb stack at the table i WILL leave and listen to c9's advice :eek:

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In other news i played some HU .50/1$ limit just now cause today if been experamenting with all sorts of games and i got owned:eek:

It's better than when I play 50nl hu and get owned for 5 stacks :eek:

aesopdurasic

aesopdurasic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well today is my first day winning again after 2 horrible days where i went on a total downswing of like 10-15 buy ins. It really sucked. I am glad to post that today was a good day. I started off pretty slow losing a buy in between a few tables than all of a sudden i started to really hit the flops and turns. Glad to b winning again. For awhile i was doubting my own abilities. I hate poker swings. Just wanted to post on my recent return to the positive side.

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"train, the S" is a player on pokerstars and i was wondering if anyone else has played him before

He is listed in that database that ends in -edge fwiw, which may not be all that much.

kleitches

kleitches

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Should I just but the $16 May bonus for 1k fpps or play 4 of the 210fpp sattys. Help me decide, people! fwiw, I'm Silver this month, so I don't really accumulate fpps that fast. I actually run pretty good in the 70fpp sattys but that's because I luckbox my way through them. Is the May bonus even worth considering?

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the may bonus you get at concierge rate which i think is something like 1.4c/fpp it could be the other way around so dont quote me. Its up to you if you can cash in all 4 thats 44 bucks rather than 16.

I got all the may bonus $$ because of the rate we were getting them at but if you dont have that many fpp's then probably just keep going for the 210fpp sattys

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the may bonus you get at concierge rate which i think is something like 1.4c/fpp it could be the other way around so dont quote me. Its up to you if you can cash in all 4 thats 44 bucks rather than 16.

I got all the may bonus $$ because of the rate we were getting them at but if you dont have that many fpp's then probably just keep going for the 210fpp sattys

OBV you suck at maths!

1.6c/fpp!

$160 = 10k fpps .. 160/10,000 = 0.016 x 100 = 1.6c
$16 = 1k fpps..... 16/1000 = 0.016 x 100 = 1.6c
$8 = 500 fpps...... 8/500 = 0.016 x 100 = 1.6c

Report: Jake must try harder :p

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OBV you suck at maths!

1.6c/fpp!

$160 = 10k fpps .. 160/10,000 = 0.016 x 100 = 1.6c
$16 = 1k fpps..... 16/1000 = 0.016 x 100 = 1.6c
$8 = 500 fpps...... 8/500 = 0.016 x 100 = 1.6c

Report: Jake must try harder :p

Report Feedback: Jake didnt try to work out maths and Jay sucks at reading if you look above "dont quote me" :D!! Also do some work if your at work dude !!

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im at home and I just commented on your blog fyi!

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just saw dude! So confused, I was planning to play 100k in June and 150k in July anyway so that gives me like 350k hands experience at 50NL. I am not moving up with a winrate of only 1.33BB at 50NL thats just idiotic IMO.
But plus the SN multiplier it will be a nice boost for the fpps and give me about 225k fpps by the end of July anyway.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not moving up with a winrate of only 1.33BB at 50NL thats just idiotic IMO.

So i'm idiotic?

My winrate at 100nl has been significantly better (in BB/100) than at 50nl, and my winrate at 200nl is significantly better than at 100nl.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So i'm idiotic?

My winrate at 100nl has been significantly better (in BB/100) than at 50nl, and my winrate at 200nl is significantly better than at 100nl.

Err yeah :p!

Taking it into context, jake is still pretty new to cash, and moving up to 100nl too early is probably not a wise move imo. But it's all relative, and ppl will do things differently. as long as the person is properly bankrolled and has a good BRM strategy then yeah moving up/taking shots if certainly acceptable.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Taking it into context, jake is still pretty raw, and moving up to 100nl too early is probably not a wise move imo. But it's all relative, and ppl will do things differently. as long as the person is properly bankrolled and has a good BRM strategy then yeah moving up/taking shots if certainly acceptable.

Jake is still pretty raw? :confused: I'm quite sure he's played more hands than i have. FWIW, i've played 10k hands at 10nl, about 60k hands at each of the next levels (25, 50 and 100nl) and something like 40k hands at 200nl so far. That's 230k hands overall.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well he's had good winrates at 10nl, 25nl and now he's at 50nl his winrate is flatting out a little. His confidence as a result has reduced, so why would he consider moving up? Dunno, I'm sure he'll answer it himself!

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Taking it into context, jake is still pretty new to cash, and moving up to 100nl too early is probably not a wise move imo. But it's all relative, and ppl will do things differently. as long as the person is properly bankrolled and has a good BRM strategy then yeah moving up/taking shots if certainly acceptable.

Jake is still pretty raw? :confused: I'm quite sure he's played more hands than i have. FWIW, i've played 10k hands at 10nl, about 60k hands at each of the next levels (25, 50 and 100nl) and something like 40k hands at 200nl so far. That's 230k hands overall.

sorry guys got down to some revision but just checked back.

I mean belgo tbh I am only what 5 months into cash grinding properly and I think from what people have experienced 100nl is the first noticeable jump and then 200nl the first big jump.

I also think you are a better player than me, obvs you are, the way you think about decisions and analyse hands etc and talk about maths. I never get into that much depth in hands and get down to maths at the tables really. I would prefer to fix up leaks and know fully I can beat 50nl at a half decent rate of say 2-3 BBs over a decent sample of like 250-350k then I would be much more confident in moving up. I just dont want to move up and then get shot straight back down like I did at 50nl. I would prefer to fix up leaks and get more hands and experience under my belt at 50nl and no I dont think 1.33BB is good enough to move up IMO. It obvs depends on player style and as your an aggro player maybe that is an advantage post flop as you move up stakes but I am not that aggro post flop.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well he's had good winrates at 10nl, 25nl and now he's at 50nl his winrate is flatting out a little. His confidence as a result has reduced, so why would he consider moving up? Dunno, I'm sure he'll answer it himself!

10NL - 5.21BB over 45k
25NL - 2.46BB over 112k - Struggled at first but got it together, made some changes to my game and beat it at 4.08BB over 25k since April the first and then moved to 50NL as I was happy to see I was beating it better.
50NL - 1.28BB over 58k - Not happy with only winning at this rate tbh and want to increase it before I move up.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mean belgo tbh I am only what 5 months into cash grinding properly and I think from what people have experienced 100nl is the first noticeable jump and then 200nl the first big jump.

tbh, i think that 100nl is actually easier than 50nl. it's full of mediocre regs who are super predictable and the rake is lower.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tbh, i think that 100nl is actually easier than 50nl. it's full of mediocre regs who are super predictable and the rake is lower.

maybe its just me mentally thinking that then, I mean people play for a living there, theres alot of regs, fpp pro's, three figure stacks.

I know its all part of the game but this is the first level where I think you are mixing with "pros" no matter how good or bad they are.

I have too many leaks in my game atm to move up anyway.