Learning to play with AA

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What's the use of waiting for a good letter and not knowing how to play them? You need to have plans in mind on how to play with AA, just as you should have plans when you resolve to play with JTs. Keep in mind that a pair only earns a lower pair and if your opponent does not hit anything on the board. Remember there is a whirlwind of your opponent's chances to hit two pairs or something better. Keep in mind to play AA correctly, you should note some important factors, such as your position on the table, the size of your stack, how many people will play that hand with you, the size of your opponent's bets, you should think you are short stack and go allin villains will pay your bet and if he decides to pay his allin with 89s he has a huge probability to hit something, and if more than one person plays a particular pot, it increases even more the chances of some opponent to hit something.A three of a king on the flop is a marvel you will be with a huge equity capable of facing a lot of bottom, plus remember that a board with a lot of connection should be valued and your opponents are not idiot.
A Full House of AA is a better equity yet remember that even you with full house holding AA on a QQQ flop is quite likely someone is holding that lady as players like to play with Q, it comes accompanied with any letter above T.
Remember that we should play with AA with strategies, and that even being a powerful hand she is not invincible. Learn to fold AA at the right time. There are many things to discuss to play with AA, I would like to know your opinion, if I am correct or if I am talking nonsense?

Attachments

• Captura de Tela (26).jpg
    Captura de Tela (26).jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 27
Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everyone knows that when you have aces you should go for the isolation and get maximum value.

But what about playing aces on a straighty or flushy board? Should you bomb the river or go for less?

What would you do when against two opponents and one shove the turn? Can you call with a pair of aces or you shouldnt risk losing everything by a two pair or a set?

And what about the times that on the flop there are two all iners before you? Is it an instafold or you still may have good chances?

And what about when its folded to you on the button and by going all in you risk getting no action? Playing a dry flop with aces should you value bet the flop risking fold and losing value or giving a free card is ok?

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just saw the attachment. What a hand. I can't help but to think about that guy that folded his queen preflop watching all that action.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I agree with you.
There are times when there are two aces on hand and we still lose.
This is poker and there are different situations.
Good luck.

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Regardless of anything, there will arise several controversies, we must respect others' opinion, and we must be frank that each player will play according to their particular hand skills. I prefer to play with caution, I will not take much risk with AA, I prefer a monster hand on the turn instead of a tight over.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
wsbar, you show your expertise and wise experience. I believe that your reasoning is very logical and true. Now if only I can learn to practice that.....
Shucks!

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have struggled a lot with aces, I shove them all in pre/flop and hope everybody folds.
They are not worth their image in freerolls.
Maybe it is different in cashgames or higher buy ins, but me for myself I get dealt Aces or KK when they want to clean the field. Most of the times it happens reaching the bubble (AA,KK,and QQ in one hand) when nobody is playing for some rounds. I imagine, the RNG gets either bored or too occupied dealing one round after another and nobody wants to see the nice flop it has prepared :evil::icon_thum

W

wendel shyn4

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
you were in a position, if I were in his case would have gone allin post or pre flop.
placing pressure on the face that were in mid-position.
the rest was glgl, and wait pero deck.

S

spinynie

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i was trying to play AA with just limping UTG but it was very bad results... never do it bro :D

polote21

polote21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for your post it is interesting to read the views on a particular hand and how to play it

S

spottedflyer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I keep a lot of things in mind, the position, stacks, players game , especially in live games, and still i have lost more than ive won with that hand. But ecery case and every deal is different so i guess we should do our best and hope for the best :)