MP: $6.47 (129.4 bb)
CO: $6.44 (128.8 bb)
BTN: $9.01 (180.2 bb)
SB: $2.21 (44.2 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is BB with A
heart.gif
A
spade.gif

UTG raises to $0.15, MP folds, CO calls $0.15, BTN calls $0.15, SB raises to $0.25, Hero raises to $0.85, UTG folds, CO calls $0.70, BTN folds, SB raises to $2.21 and is all-in, Hero raises to $6.80, CO calls $5.59 and is all-in

Flop: ($15.39) K
heart.gif
T
spade.gif
diamond.gif
(3 players, 2 are all-in)
Turn: ($15.39) J
club.gif
River: ($15.39) 9
heart.gif

Results (listed below in white, highlight to see): $15.39 pot ($0.75 rake)
Hero showed Ah As (a pair of Aces) and lost (-$6.44 net)
CO showed Qd Qc (a straight, Nine to King) and won $14.64 ($8.20 net)
SB showed 9d 9c (three of a kind, Nines) and lost (-$2.21 net)

Could the CO have played this any worse?? crap passive players like him annoy the hell outta me, and he won the hand!! lol

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Could the CO have played this any worse?? crap passive players like him annoy the hell outta me, and he won the hand!! lol
Well flating the UTG open raise IP is fine imo if UTG has a tight UTG opening range(some thing like AQ+,22+) and stats/history/reads say 3betting will only fold out 22-TT,AQ(range he wants to play against) and get shoved on by JJ+,AK(a range he is fliping against) but after the 3 and 4bet flatting is just horrible imo and he really should be shoving or folding there every time imo...

C

custo80

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Serious Brag

4 games - 4 Cashes.

doesn't happen often but damn its good when it does

3 wins, 1 2nd

Attachments

• 4for4 100609.JPG
    4for4 100609.JPG
    251.6 KB · Views: 14
cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ive been getting crushed at 5nl. i just seem to be playing horrible and maybe a bad beat or two but mostly just bad play. is it me or do more people fold to a raise or 3bet at 5nl? i got charts but its only 2k hands in. but my red line is above my green, but both are below zero. it doesnt help i've been trying to do the "power of position" challenge as well. any tips on what stats to look for if your trying to float someone on the flop and take it on the turn?

Caseace48

Caseace48

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ive been getting crushed at 5nl. i just seem to be playing horrible and maybe a bad beat or two but mostly just bad play. is it me or do more people fold to a raise or 3bet at 5nl? i got charts but its only 2k hands in. but my red line is above my green, but both are below zero. it doesnt help i've been trying to do the "power of position" challenge as well. any tips on what stats to look for if your trying to float someone on the flop and take it on the turn?

If you have a large sample of hands look for a high contiuation bet stat along with a low WTSD stat IMO,however, I honestly dont suggest making this kind of play 25NL and below from my experience at those limits.

Also we havnt had a topic on here in a bit, in regards to c-betting a unknown villain in a heads up pot, what is your preferred pot percentage?

Mine: 60%

What factors influence the size and how?

Mine: High VPIP/calling stations 90%-Pot-size for value......0 with Air

Mine: Any high fold to contiuation bet stat for a sustained hand sample size, 50% and 0% for a very low fold to contiuation bet stat.

Any major flaws in this? Lets try and get everyones input to have a wide range of answers to draw from.:cool:

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The important thing is that you start recognizing board textures and know your villain.

If you play against a normal Tag/reg there are many sorts of flop textures that you can cbet pretty small just so you can maximize your risk vs reward ratio and still take it down a lot of the time.

M

Michelle5000

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

With floating it depends on their PFR and how aggro their be on the later streets. I can give you basic floating on the flop in isolation though.

Say you hold JJ on a Q48 board and they cbet 90-100% and pot it on a 10% range. You'd have around 50% equity at the SD vs that range. So you should float..

But you need stats on how often they're fire turn and river etc. So if they fire the turn 50% they'd be betting for value with Qx + and you shut down. If they check, you could check behind or bet depending on how you see fit. See when they check(and that is when they miss) your equity changes from 50% to say 90% of the pot -as that is the air part of their range. Which makes up for when u fold the turn etc.

Enty is right through. Use Poker razor, pokershove and plug in different combos and look at betting frequencies- their holding. This isn't perfect as some players bet when they miss, check when they hit. So you need to make some observations. Not really necessery for me/u though as were playing 5nl adn i usually played 12tables ++ so i have to make quick fire observations and go on the general play at the limits.

Usually they bet for value though another e.g a player cbets 33% of the time on a Axx on a 5% PFR range. You don't float with QQ vs that player type. Unless he min bets it :) On a wider PFR range you could float though.

Last edited:
Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hot streak baby! :D

All today at 10nl

Attachments

• Hot streak.gif
    Hot streak.gif
    24.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
eagle jim

eagle jim

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nice graph lemly, which site are u playing 10nl

dsvw56

dsvw56

I'm a Taurus
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have a large sample of hands look for a high contiuation bet stat along with a low WTSD stat IMO,however, I honestly dont suggest making this kind of play 25NL and below from my experience at those limits.

Also we havnt had a topic on here in a bit, in regards to c-betting a unknown villain in a heads up pot, what is your preferred pot percentage?

Mine: 60%

What factors influence the size and how?

Mine: High VPIP/calling stations 90%-Pot-size for value......0 with Air

Mine: Any high fold to contiuation bet stat for a sustained hand sample size, 50% and 0% for a very low fold to contiuation bet stat.

Any major flaws in this? Lets try and get everyones input to have a wide range of answers to draw from.:cool:

1. Go to Stoxpoker.com
2. Watch Kyle (Cottonseed) Hendon's video on C-betting (Full video is free)
3. ???
4. Profit

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My 10th hand @ the tbl...There's a thread around here recently " https://www.cardschat.com/forum/cash-games-11/min-raise-aces-153182/ " & this hand is pure proof of why you don't mini-raise w/ pkt aces...

Full Tilt, $0.01/$0.02 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker

BTN: $5.50 (275 bb)
Hero (SB): $0.81 (40.5 bb)
BB: $4.82 (241 bb)
UTG+1: $1.91 (95.5 bb)
UTG+2: $2 (100 bb)
MP1: $0.97 (48.5 bb)
MP2: $0.40 (20 bb)
MP3: $0.38 (19 bb)
CO: $2.45 (122.5 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is SB with 4
club.gif
diamond.gif

UTG+1 raises to $0.04, 3 folds, MP3 calls $0.04, CO calls $0.04, BTN folds, Hero calls $0.03, BB calls $0.02

Flop: ($0.20) 6
spade.gif
club.gif
spade.gif
(5 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 bets $0.12, MP3 calls $0.12, CO calls $0.12, Hero raises to $0.77 and is all-in, BB folds, UTG+1 calls $0.65, MP3 folds, CO folds

Turn: ($1.98) T
heart.gif
(2 players, 1 is all-in)
River: ($1.98) 9
club.gif
(2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results: $1.98 pot ($0.13 rake)
Hero showed 4
club.gif
diamond.gif
(three of a kind, Fours) and won $1.85 ($1.04 net)
UTG+1 showed A
heart.gif
A
spade.gif
(a pair of Aces) and lost (-$0.81 net)

Last edited:
Caseace48

Caseace48

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After trying to increase volume by adding tables this month I effed up my whole game and BB/100 win-rate...still was winning at 2.4bb/100 but was just not playing the way I was when I was beating 25NL at 14bb/100 over 9k hands......However, thanks to re-reading ChuckT's guide

https://www.cardschat.com/f49/10k-post-micro-stakes-full-ring-112836/

scaling down to 6 tables the last 2kish hands have been at 23.6bb/100. Now some of that is just running well, but i've also been running at 35bb/100 EV. So basically...I love you ChuckT...no homo for sure:cool:

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My 10th hand @ the tbl...There's a thread around here recently " https://www.cardschat.com/forum/cash-games-11/min-raise-aces-153182/ " & this hand is pure proof of why you don't mini-raise w/ pkt aces...

Full Tilt, $0.01/$0.02 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker

BTN: $5.50 (275 bb)
Hero (SB): $0.81 (40.5 bb)
BB: $4.82 (241 bb)
UTG+1: $1.91 (95.5 bb)
UTG+2: $2 (100 bb)
MP1: $0.97 (48.5 bb)
MP2: $0.40 (20 bb)
MP3: $0.38 (19 bb)
CO: $2.45 (122.5 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is SB with 4
club.gif
diamond.gif

UTG+1 raises to $0.04, 3 folds, MP3 calls $0.04, CO calls $0.04, BTN folds, Hero calls $0.03, BB calls $0.02

Flop: ($0.20) 6
spade.gif
club.gif
spade.gif
(5 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 bets $0.12, MP3 calls $0.12, CO calls $0.12, Hero raises to $0.77 and is all-in, BB folds, UTG+1 calls $0.65, MP3 folds, CO folds

Turn: ($1.98) T
heart.gif
(2 players, 1 is all-in)
River: ($1.98) 9
club.gif
(2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results: $1.98 pot ($0.13 rake)
Hero showed 4
club.gif
diamond.gif
(three of a kind, Fours) and won $1.85 ($1.04 net)
UTG+1 showed A
heart.gif
A
spade.gif
(a pair of Aces) and lost (-$0.81 net)

Why do you only have 40bbs?

Caseace48

Caseace48

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Max Buy In = Max Profitz.. I agree you definitely should consider adjusting away from that .80 buy in

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why? It's a very awkward stack size.

When you open up a $.01/$.02 ($2NL) tbl, it gives you the option to load $2 (Maximum buy-in) or "other amount" $.80 & it's easier to click once on the "OK" button than twice to load Max buy-in LOL :D Lazy I know...

FTP2NLload.jpg

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you open up a $.01/$.02 ($2NL) tbl, it gives you the option to load $2 (Maximum buy-in) or "other amount" $.80 & it's easier to click once on the "OK" button than twice to load Max buy-in LOL :D Lazy I know...

FTP2NLload.jpg

Allow me to solve all your problems:

Options > Set Buy-In Preferences
Bi

Set default to 100bbs and check auto top up.

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Allow me to solve all your problems:

Options > Set Buy-In Preferences
View attachment 21377

Set default to 100bbs and check auto top up.

Thanks for the info WVH. W/ the "Auto Top-Up" option, it might be hard to keep up w/ the win/loss for the session because it's automatically reloading after hands.

Is there an easy way to keep track of it w/o doing too much work?

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the info WVH. W/ the "Auto Top-Up" option, it might be hard to keep up w/ the win/loss for the session because it's automatically reloading after hands.

Is there an easy way to keep track of it w/o doing too much work?

Yes. Don't keep track during the session. It does nothing good for you (assuming you're practicing good BRM).

If you are way down for a session you will be more likely to play too many hands or bluff too much or trap too much or overbet too much or play too tight just waiting for those Aces or whatever you're particular form of running bad tilt may be.

If you're way up for a session you will be more likely to fold too much when the bets get big or play too tight or be less likely to double barrel a really good turn card or or play too loose or whatever you're particular form of running good tilt may be.

If you are constantly making the very best decision you can based on your position, your opponent's ranges, and your cards does it really matter if you're up $5 or down $5 at that moment?

It's hard at first but you'll get used to it and I think you'll play better. :)

Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haha D'wil I see this :p

It's all at Stars eagle, which as you can see is treating me nicely. However, now that I've posted this graph I'm just always checking over my shoulder for the inevitable doomswitch