Is it normal for you to fold JJ preflop?

akran75

akran75

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depends on the tournament, depends on the number of players who hit the hand, depends on whether the next place in the tournament brings a bigger prize, depends on how many chips you have, what position you have on the table.Yes that hand can be rejected if there are reasons for it(if you mean all in)
otherwise .... just hit it

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very rarely would I fold that. In most cases, it is a hand I'm raising on. Not going stay married to it though.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It honestly depends on the situation. JJ is basically the same as 5's through 10's pre-flop. If you are facing a 3-bet and 4-bet pre, it is a fold for me most of the time.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
If the opponent`s raise is very high, I would fold it, or if more players are playing the hand with that raise.

wolfik1950

wolfik1950

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you have done quite well, I don't know about others, but J, J very often leads to chip loss

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to slow play them and hope to hit trips. If I see either a A or K I am very quick to fold at that point. If I am super stacked and only small stacks are playing the hand I play more aggresive.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only if I don't pay attention and missclick I could ever fold JJ preflop, otherwise it's all in baby

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the beginning of the tournament against tight players can and throw! In the later stage it is practically impossible!

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It honestly depends on the situation. JJ is basically the same as 5's through 10's pre-flop. If you are facing a 3-bet and 4-bet pre, it is a fold for me most of the time.
Completely agree I've folded Jacks many times due to this type of action in front of me. Jacks very rarely realise their equity and there almost always over cards on the flop. Sure there's times when I've went for it in same position and had to fade a lot of outs. A lot depends on your stack position type of tournement. If it's a bounty and you have players covered you could look to take bounties in this spot. If multiple players have shoved ahead of you it can be a fold for me but just one player is another story

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I ended up folding twice for the aggressiveness of the opponent

Thank U 4 Posting.

If the villain was aggressive with AA should we fold?

What about 33 should we still fold?

What about Ah2h should we fold?

The answer to your question is why is the villain aggressive.

In the freerolls and low stakes villains will shove with 22 and min raise AA so you should call shoves and fold to min raises.

The shove is the aggressive action yet we should never fold JJ vs these types of villains.

Next we need to think about different types of aggression based on in game factors.

For instance a 4 bet is different from a 3 bet.

Short stacks vs deep stacks also a factor.

Positional advantage effects Aggression.

Fold equity also effects Agg level.

Skill level also effects Agg level. More skilled players will raise more often if you are raise folding JJ and they know you do.

How do we know what to do with JJ? We learn to read our villains. We take notes on villains so we know who does what with what part of their range. Learn that and you will be much better at playing JJ.

Hope this helps
:):)

Drumsound

Drumsound

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
THIS

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it all depends on the stage of the tournament and the opponents but it is not easy to fold JJ in the pre-flop only I would do it if I am close to the bubble or that I know that the opponent who raises is super tight

Lutring87

Lutring87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is up to the party and the players to accept the call .. but after the flop everything is revealed ..
And if there is no higher card it is advisable to continue raising .. :)

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I ended up folding twice for the aggressiveness of the opponent

This is not normal for me. I play aggressively with such cards. I think this is an acceptable risk and a good option to double.

maxivega

maxivega

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
JJ is not a monster hand, so you were right to fold. Hey lost a lot of chips with those letters.

Igorek1313

Igorek1313

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
of course . I throw off very often. especially if before me more than 2 people went to all in.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
If you know your opponents well then this might be a good decision. But I think, to a large extent, it depends on the prize pool of the tournament.

A fox 666

A fox 666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In order to fold a pair of jacks pre-flop, you need to analyze a lot of factors. If this is a tournament, then what, what stage, what position are you in, which bank, what is your stack, and so on. For a starting hand, a pair of jacks is a very a good hand! But there are a lot of pitfalls)))))) In cash games everything is completely different. If in tournaments I will throw off the jacks in about half the cases, then in the cache, much less often!

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Well ... as most of the comments agree that it will depend a lot on the position you are in, as well as the aggressiveness that players have on your table ... for my part I will tell you that in my personal case hardly I fold preflop JJ ... unless some player does all-in

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll generally call up to a 5x bet or raise 5x to open the betting. Good luck.

Folding in Poker