as investing $ 9

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
any idea how to invest $ 9 , tournaments or cash or both, the idea is to increase the bankrroll.
earlier attempt in cash but did not go well

Dutchtegon

Dutchtegon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Start with small sit and goes, If you do it for fun and REALLY LIKE it you can start with the small ones (2cents, 999 players). The early levels are not that skill based, most of them move allin pretty quick. But on the later stages you can get some more experience and it will cost you not that much.

You can also try 50 cents or even 1.50 dollar. But you have the risc of losing your bankroll and not being able to get some more experience.

I don't recommend the small tourments, because verry often the fields are enormous (2000/3000 people) and you need to get in the top 50 (or finaltable ofcourse, but you get my point) to make it really profitable.

D V

D V

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, if you only have $9 you would be best of doing a ton of really low sit and go's like Dutchegon said,
good practice and if you get ITM or final table/winner you still get a decent return for the 0.02-0.20 cent you put in it.

And you can do a lot of them! The more you play the better you get,
the better you get, the better your bankroll will look! :D

Cash tables could increase that bankroll fast, but a small amount like that can also be lost pretty fast..

Greetz.
D V.

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thanks for the tips , the only thing those of 0.02C , do not think you achieve much experience as they are pure Allin

D V

D V

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for the tips , the only thing those of 0.02C , do not think you achieve much experience as they are pure Allin

Yeah, I did a bunch of those when I was just starting out and playing with micro-micro stacks from freerolls. You also got those $0.10 sit and go's with 360 people instead of 990, you would still have 90 buy-ins with your $9. And first place get's $6,80.

Or if you feel comfy with it, the $0.25 ones with 45/90 players are another option, first place still gets $3+/$5+ respectively and less of the constant all-in's, significantly smaller field too. You'd only have 36 buy-ins tho, but with 7/13 places paid respectively and a small field like that, with some minor experience, you should be able to get ITM a few times..

Where you start depends on where you place your skill level (and bankroll of course);

Best way in my opinion is to start low.
Start at a level you are comfortable with and where you know you are able to get some decent returns.
And just climb your way up, whenever you have the feeling you have a decent bankroll for the next level, go for it.

When you notice you are dropping back below that bankroll/minimum buy-ins/tourney/SnG/etc. you feel comfy with at that level,
drop a level so you feel comfy again and build up again.

^ Repeat until you are a millionaire. :joyman:

Greetz.
D V.

robertocoelho

robertocoelho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think a good idea of the STG 0,50cc 9 players, to gain experience, have less variance

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel quite comfortable in the sit 0.25,
the truth i played a few times in sit 9 players