Can I start a poker career with freerolls?

Can I start a poker career with freerolls?Post a Poll

• Total voters
K

Kehzi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Possible? Sure

Likely? No

Smart/efficient use of your time? Most likely not

Playing freerolls is also likely to cause you to build bad habits and not prepare you for genuine poker tournaments or cash games.

Need to be realistic here, it's your choice ultimately.

Last edited:
V

vladikov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I've started with freerolls, now I also click on freerolls when I don't feel 100% sure about my poker skills at a higher level

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

k0k17

k0k17

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not long ago I saw a video review of WSCOOP where there was one Atlanta player like, and he got into the final with professional players, but he got it like through freerolls

scottychase

scottychase

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Americas Cardroom is fill with freerolls going up in the hundreds for first place. With that said it's very possible of starting out from scratch.

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
running up a 'roll..

is possible on many sites if you stick with it. as others have noted ,getting the funds out can be problematic !

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello. Can I start a career with freerolls? Many poker rooms attract new players with freerolls. But the number of players and the prize pool are unlikely to fill the bankroll. I wonder if there are people who started with freerolls?

Sure! Why not?

Just have a plan to move up as you start to get some cashes.

It's hard to build a bankroll if the only thing you EVER play is freerolls.
But... if you start with freerolls... then play value added events... then satellites... then majors

Now my friend you have a formula for building your bankroll.

Freerolls are a find place to start though, especially if they are the cardschat freerolls which have small fields and lots of added money making them a great way to boost your bankroll! :joyman:

T

tourpro99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's possible. I got up to 6500 bankroll on FT/PS from a freeroll, but cashed out when it dropped to 3500. It felt like real money then! Just didn't trust the sites a hundred percent---seemed to run really poorly after first time trying to withdraw. Probably coincidence...but??

D

denis_og79

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
yes it is possible, you can learn from the freerolls, which are several with good payouts, and there are also promotions that distribute tickets

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course it is possible, Annette_15 and belabacsi, started playing freerolls, and now they earn thousands of dollars playing poker.

hubcio96

hubcio96

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you can start, but don't go "pro" (quit another source of income" till you have the decent bankroll, consistent wins, and enough saved money for at least 6 months to live off.

TirariAchref

TirariAchref

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
Yes , It's the best way to begin your career with the freeroll games. You will build your game and skills without losing any money because you will not earn money from poker until you have atleast a one year experience.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Definitely you can start your poker career via freerolls. But whether it will happen or not is a question of your motivation and discipline. So, in conclusion, everything depends on you :)

P

plusssev

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes it is a great idea. When you will earn little money you will be able learn in low stakes. sure it is very different with freerools.

Freeroll Passwords