Can I start a poker career with freerolls?

Can I start a poker career with freerolls?Post a Poll

• Total voters

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is good if you have enough time to build up your bankroll using freerolls. If you want to start earning immediately, you don't need to focus on freerolls, it's better to make a Deposit and play with a higher expectation of money per hour than in freerolls, of course, if you are an experienced player, and for beginners, freerolls are a very good opportunity.:)

_xgeb_

_xgeb_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
don't let anyone say you can't. i think this answers the title question.;)

NWPatriot

NWPatriot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have NEVER made a deposit to play poker on-line - mainly due to the legal issues associated with playing where I live.

I have won about $5000 on-line, starting with only freeroll winnings. I have used this to supplement my funds for live play, again mainly because of the legal issues playing on-line.

In order to turn this into a career, someone needs tremendous discipline to do so. Since I started with $0.00 online, and I have cashed out for a few thousand, I would say I am a winning player on-line. But it is a long way from a few thousand dollars to a career.

FYI - I have also also had about $1500 of winnings stolen (i.e. not paid out) by cheats and unethical sites.

Good luck to you all and God Bless.

P

Pokerman32750

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have NEVER made a deposit to play poker on-line - mainly due to the legal issues associated with playing where I live.

I have won about $5000 on-line, starting with only freeroll winnings. I have used this to supplement my funds for live play, again mainly because of the legal issues playing on-line.

In order to turn this into a career, someone needs tremendous discipline to do so. Since I started with $0.00 online, and I have cashed out for a few thousand, I would say I am a winning player on-line. But it is a long way from a few thousand dollars to a career.

FYI - I have also also had about $1500 of winnings stolen (i.e. not paid out) by cheats and unethical sites.

Good luck to you all and God Bless.

Hey thank you so much for the information about the different jurisdictions !! Could please enlighten Us on which sites tried to not pay you out for your money, thank you !!

NWPatriot

NWPatriot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey thank you so much for the information about the different jurisdictions !! Could please enlighten Us on which sites tried to not pay you out for your money, thank you !!

The sites that did not pay me my balance have actually shut down now, so there is no need to avoid them, since they no longer exist. There is a lesson here for all, with regard to "un-regulated" poker on-line: be very careful and don't invest more than you are willing to lose. Any on-line site can shutdown or stop paying at any time. The big ones are probably making enough money that they would not shut down, but one never knows. Two of the sites that had shut down while I had money on account had been paying me previously. Go figure.

Good luck and God Bless.

voljare1234

voljare1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes you can start, I started a free tournament and in the end I raised 1,500 euros, nothing is hopeless.

HeshamTwix

HeshamTwix

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
EG
Chips
Yes you can mate, sometimes i deposit a lot but i still lose and other times i just play freerolls and doing great job there.

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, you can start a freeroll poker career. I started like this because I didn't have money to deposit.

P

Pibo1797

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes i guess that some people make their bank roll with freerolls, but i think You must play in more than 3 platmors

Elena L

Elena L

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
why not? learn better with little money

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Beside that Freerolls can build your bankroll, you can learn good skills.Shove and fold, fight the bully, and tbh when you have a good BRM, you play later tournaments with the same: got nothing to loose feeling.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course you can... but do you want to?

cese1962

cese1962

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the freerolls there are a lot of fish players.

Playing and winning in freeroll tournaments, I agree that it is possible.
I have played and I play several times.
Sometimes I win, sometimes I don't.
But the most important thing I’ve learned over the years is that freerolls or low buy-in tournaments are more difficult to grow and improve in poker than in tournaments with larger buy-ins, like $ 1.00 to $ 5.00, for example.
In the freerolls there are a lot of fish players.
These are playing without logic and end up taking away the learning and growth of him and the other players at the table.

W

watso

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It would be very difficult to build a big enough bankroll.

J

jeffubel

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
satellites

I prefer to stopover on small buy satellites that give tickets to bigger tournaments.:)

Geksan_87

Geksan_87

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
of course, despite the fact that I often hear that playing not for your own money you will not act as you will play for your own money, this is fundamentally wrong. it all depends on the style of your game

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon.Of course, you can mate.I started mine that way and I think I made the right decision.I only deposited when I wanted to make my first withdrawal .It was $500 on Stars..So go ahead and good luck!

fruittree

fruittree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are the best way to start. Once you have money in a game....it will be natural to play tighter. But the finesse of the game is learning how and when to change speeds. Easier to learn without skin in the game.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
of course, despite the fact that I often hear that playing not for your own money you will not act as you will play for your own money, this is fundamentally wrong. it all depends on the style of your game

The play is definitely different in freerolls but freerolls are still a massive step up from play money. As long as there is something to win some players will still and try properly.

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:cool: If possible I started, little by little at the point of frerrolls, I already have $ 35

PC91

PC91

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ye, i won a few hundred dollars with only playing freerolls, it is possible.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It depends only on you whether you can do it. If you are willing to spend a lot of time, be patient and disciplined, ...

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes. I don't see why not :D In fact, many pros have built up their "poker abilities" in freerolls and then slowly grinded up in stakes from there. Simply depositing a said amount for a poker bankroll might be the better option for many because grinding a decent bankroll out of nothing takes a long time. However, that time spent does teach one a lot.

This is what I'm doing now. Playing freerolls and planning on putting those freeroll winnings (all or some of it) into a bankroll for poker. Perhaps test my abilities at the micros and see how I do with live poker once the pandemic ends and it is safe to go out again :)

J

jonnybegoode

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You always have to start somewhere. But the more you play, the more you study, the better you will get. You just have to try to adjust your game accordingly. Freerolls can be crapshoots a lot of times with erratic play. But if you build a few bucks and then play money tournaments, the competition will gradually get better, and you have to adjust to that.

ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Well, I know that many players did it and if you can win real money by not investing ... I'm sure a lot of people try it every day, the bad thing is that in freerolls they have a lot of thinking that poker is bingo

Freeroll Passwords