How to play 7-2

B

badia232323

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know it's a weird title for all of you! how to play 7-2?! of course we all fold it immediately without discussion!
No no no dear friends, this aptitude is not correct, simply because you have to learn how to play your opponents and not the cards. It could be a big succes if you manage to win a very weak hands before the showdown. So you need to improve your analysing skills, and to use your feeling to bluff with certain hands.
As I repeat all the time, never bluff in early game of MTT. I am talking in this thread about how to win with such hands in somes criticals moments in the middle game of MTT .
Remember, never fold immediately, always think and use your feeling to make the right decision.

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
too many hands to bluff, i will not bluff with 7-2 in any mmt stage

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would only bluff if I had 7 2 suited on the button of small blind just to steal the blinds. Other than that it suicide. Suited would be at best a semi bluff, hope for a flush, two pair or trips. hahahahaha maybe even a full house.

B

bigpappa325

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2 is the most delt card to me by far. Fortunatly this keeps me in check. UNLESS ITS A PAIR OF DUECES THAT USUALLY GET FOLDED AFTER FLOP.

ble. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
It is correct to steal the blinds with any two cards if the players in the blind/s) fold to often. If you come across a super-nit that folds to a raise almost always you can of course play even 7,2 off. But it is an exception to the rule to always fold it.

HU 7,2 off is not even the worst poker hand - 2,3 off is. But again only consider to play it if they over-fold.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yesterday I was in the BB with 72o and there were a couple of calls, no raise so I checked. The flop? Oh boy...72x (I can't remember) well I did quite well off of that hand lol

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
I've never played 7-2 preflop .... the only way I've played it is being in the BB position and just having to call ... without having to invent a blind one more ...! The odds of winning practically are very few ...!

I

izpanol

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, they are good tips when you play at real tables, but trying to bluff in online games is practically giving away money orhope for a miracle on the river

M

marcumx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
anyone else play holdem cash games with a 7-2 jackpot? at my home game, the rake is put into a jackpot and if you win with 7-2 ( with a 7 and a 2 on the board) you get the jackpot

NBDG8477

NBDG8477

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this shouldn't be even discussed 7-2 is a shit hand im not even the least bit tempted to play this garbage move on

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
this shouldn't be even discussed 7-2 is a shit hand im not even the least bit tempted to play this garbage move on
2 things....firstly we can discuss whatever we want and secondly please do not use bad language on the forum. Thank you kindly

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
2 things....firstly we can discuss whatever we want and secondly please do not use bad language on the forum. Thank you kindly

You're talking against yourself ... :rolleyes:
Firstly "discuss whatever we want" - he gave his opinion btw and there was nothing wrong it cause it was his opinion - if you dont like it for certain words then i've no idea what's wrong with you ... Swearing etc is okay sometimes -.-
secondly he didn't even use f-word which can counted as bad language ;)

E: and last thing you'd do with 7 2 is fold :cool: - it's always great to be adventurous :)

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don’t even know which option you can play with 7 2 !!! for me 99.9% is a fold! Probably the only game option - when the opponent is very short with a knockout, and at the same time you can get a lot of money for him (and you have a lot of chips) - I think this is the only option in which I would play with this hand !!!

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Strange tips.
I wish I always had opponents like you at the table.
Good luck.

S

sibird

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know it's a weird title for all of you! how to play 7-2?! of course we all fold it immediately without discussion!
No no no dear friends, this aptitude is not correct, simply because you have to learn how to play your opponents and not the cards. It could be a big succes if you manage to win a very weak hands before the showdown. So you need to improve your analysing skills, and to use your feeling to bluff with certain hands.
As I repeat all the time, never bluff in early game of MTT. I am talking in this thread about how to win with such hands in somes criticals moments in the middle game of MTT .
Remember, never fold immediately, always think and use your feeling to make the right decision.

Playing with 7-2 is highly risky in any situation. However, exceptions are always there. One situation when you may try is when you are at BB or SB and there was no raise (or raise not so big). Another situation is when you are one of the chip leader and you are prepared to throw away some of your chips without hampering your status.
Practically speaking, i think, if you can play with 7-2 then you can play every hand.

Though it is considered as garbage hand but it can fetch you an amazing amount of win if you can get 2 pair or above at flop. High risk.... High pay off.

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I avoid playing 7-2 unless I’m BB and no one raises.

Therminator

Therminator

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unless I'm Phil I've, I ain't bluffing with that hand. Best advice is know when to fold. Whenever I have 7-2 offsuit, I successfully play it by not playing it at all. In other words I just fold it.

A

aj88xa869

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How to play 72 :

Don't

:D But in all honesty if you are asking how to play any hand, then I assume you probably aren't super strong in aspects of reading opponents. As stated above, it CAN be played profitably, but most of the time it will completely miss the flop and you are very likely going to be facing at least one other hand that is WAY ahead preflop. So in order to win you, most of the time you must induce a fold, which is very risky and can only be done by knowing a ton about hand ranges and equity, along with specific tendencies of that player.

Against a maniac that will call any 2 rags.. its pretty much hopeless to get them to bluff, then you will feel pretty sorry when they call down with A or K high or bottom/middle pair +draws, really on any board texture that you thought maybe you could bluff them off of.

A small bluff from SB w/ 72s against a super tight player that is almost always folding, yes it could work out. But even then they may just call and will almost always hit the flop better and therefore be inclined to continue. So once again you can get into trouble "naked bluffing" quickly. Just wait for better hands!

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will only play this hand when an opponent has made if profitable to beg any two cards. Outside of that I don’t see a ton of merit in betting this hand. You can defend with this hand but should only do so in extremely select moments

J

James24543

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

If want to play 7-2 you would play (bluff) it as if you had a premium hand such as AK. If you have callers across the board then you would fold because you have most likely lost the hand and cannot further bluff to win.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes it’s a very good card in the game and you can win a lot on it, sometimes I play on such a card when a small bet takes place in the game or when I have a big blind or a small blind, such a card is sometimes very good for wins, so I I would recommend playing on such a card sometimes and maybe you will sometimes win on it

G

Guernica1974

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
7-2

i can play any hand on sb if more than three players or more and bb is less than 50 times my stack, just the chance of winning in multihands are much lower for any hand and no one will put me on 7-2. so if flop hit set or two pairs it is very likely more than one player will pay you. further if it goes to river and i show 7-2 other players put me as fish or loose or both - and that helps later to get paid with your monster hand