EE
Zero times obviously :)

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Total posts
Awards
UA
In fact, I learn every time I play poker. Usually, I play 3-4 days a week. I try to analyze my game, and improve my skills by learning from my mistakes.

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Total posts
Awards
I'd suggest one study session per each time you play. Long studying sessions are great, but they can be very short too. For example, you can filter for large pots you played in your previous session and spend 5 minutes reviewing several of these. It makes a great warm-up in addition to the longer-term benefits of studying the game.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Total posts
when I made a lot of mistakes in my game and didn't know how to play certain spots. I study a lot and I spend a lot of time analyzing the hands in which I frequently lose. but after having reached a good level of play it became exeptional. now i watch strategic videos only when my game starts to degrade to start playing my A game again. it's a homecoming that helps me prepare before the start of a session.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
To be honest its been fairly irregular for a while, but I have purchased ICMizer, and it is my intention to use that program to review a decent amount of my tournament hands after each session.

Just want to add also, that study can be many things including watching streamed or televised games to see, what the best players do in different situations. If they do something different from, what I would have done, maybe I should then at least consider, why that might be.

Just to mention an example I watched a Daniel Negreanu stream last night of a 5.000$ buyin wsop online game from GG Poker. In one hand he had KX on K44, got checkraised, and of course called. Turn was a K, his opponent checked. Here I would probably have bet for value, but Daniel checked behind. River was a 9, his opponent bet full pot, Daniel called, and the opponent had complete air.

MauroMMMM

MauroMMMM

Rock Star
Total posts
We talk about poker? Because I stopped studying for a long time. Regarding poker, I don't know if I would call it studying, but I do watch videos several times a week and try to read something related to the game. It's not that I count the hours I dedicate to it. But since it is something that I like, time passes very quickly.:cool::cool:

O

olesyafarion

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
Hi! Unfortunately, there is no time to study poker right now. And there is not enough energy for this. Lots of other things to do. That's why I play freerolls and low limits. I believe that players who need good results should study poker every day.

R

redmast

Legend
Total posts
Awards
I am not a player of a serious level, so I do not consider it necessary for myself to spend time studying. I have enough of what I can and know.

S

scrappypower

Enthusiast
Total posts
i dont study you can have all the knowledge in the world if you cant get that one play to fold and chatches on the river then why study i ave learn not to raise heavy with ak so i am not mad when it does not hit the board

D

Dhendrixon

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
I flag hands that make me feel unsure what to do or uncomfortable at the tables, as they provide the most lesson to be learned. The next training session, I will go through these hands and see what the best plays were. They provide great educational spots.

poker_bro

poker_bro

Rock Star
Total posts
I study every morning before playing. I try to keep studying 1/3 of my playing time. I use advanced poker training, I read books, watching videos etc, also I purchased Jonathan Little's tournament poker coach -App.

A

Artmargaryan226

Rising Star
Total posts
I am not studying, but I will start soon))

arenaci

arenaci

Rock Star
Total posts
Pomodoro study

Personally I use pomodoro technique to study poker. So far it was very efficient and effective. As for playing I did not start to play yet but probably will divide my sessions into pomodoros as well.:D

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Total posts
Awards
Well ... I try to at least read or watch an instructional video a week ... and I think my greatest learning is achieved every time I see the professional streamers playing live ...!

F

fefibecerra

Rock Star
Total posts
When I finally decided to seriously study poker I got so much work to do, so it's been so hard to get into a routine of studying a set amount of time each day. My hope is that I can dedicate at least a couple hours per day to theory and try to play 3 days/week. We'll lsee how that goes.

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Total posts
Awards
I think about certain sites, the games I usually play and reflect on the types of players there maybe once or twice a day .. if I'm not playing. When I buy-in to these kinds of games I have some preconceived notions of the kind of betting and card ranges I will play and what I anticipate.
During these games I try to learn something new every time either by trying a trick, ploy, trap or pick on certain players to find a breaking point and what they will go all in with. The satellite games are my favorite grounds for trying new things because there are some very sharp players who enter some big buy-in games via satellites and if you probe them successfully in the smaller games the same style of play works in the bigger games.:captain:

S

scrappypower

Enthusiast
Total posts
i never study but i play alot of poker but if you cant get know one to fold it does not matter how much you study cause you cant study luck

dominisantus

dominisantus

Rock Star
Total posts
I play, on average 3-4 days a week, for 1-3 hours, there is not much time to play, I just relax, and then sometimes I sit and study my game ...
You can say that I study constantly.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Total posts
Every day, for many hours, at the poker table, it is best to study poker and see the wrong and successful decisions, both your own and your opponent's.:)

K

Keith557444

Enthusiast
Total posts
i study after each tourney so its all fresh in my mind and look at the key hands where i lost and see where i can improve

P

ph_il

Total posts
Awards
i don't study in the form of reading material or listening to training/coaching videos very often. the content is definitely helpful, but i just can't pay attention to it for too long. for example, i love the gripsed mtt training/strategy videos, but when they're an hour+ long, it feels like information overload sometimes, even if he is just covering 3 main topics.

so, instead, i prefer watching mtt hand reviews by players like evan jarvis, jonathan little, and others.

in a hand review video, evan jarvis can go through 20-40 hands and touch on so many different topics from stack size ranges, bet sizing, bubble pressure, icm pressure, icm pressure adjustments, etc. basically everything he talks about in his training videos, but i get so see everything in action. this is a lot more helpful for me because, as i play, i'm going to be in these situations and a 2-3 minute talk about a specific situation, while being able to visually see the action, has a lot more impact than listening to a 30+ minute video on the same topic.

so, whenever i play, i'm watching these hand review videos. i know i'm never going to play in a $200+ buy-in mtt online, but everything still applies to the $1 mtts that i play.

Costy69

Costy69

Rock Star
Total posts
How many times you study

I study almost everyday insome way