How to handle aggro players with draws when I have top pair or 2 pair?

shibdevvar

shibdevvar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always It's happened with me, when i have top pair, two pairs and opponents is having flush/straight draw they raise on flop
And i always reraise but they make flush on river,. On turn i make all in.. sometime opponents fold but maximum opponent didn't fold and won with flush/straight.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always It's happened with me, when i have top pair, two pairs and opponents is having flush/straight draw they raise on flop
And i always reraise but they make flush on river,. On turn i make all in.. sometime opponents fold but maximum opponent didn't fold and won with flush/straight.

Thank U 4 Posting

If the odds are correct then getting all in on the flop or turn vs draws is fine.

So we have to be aware of the difference between Us holding As9s on a 9c7h2c board vs JcTc and vs 8h6d
JT has 62% equity 86 has 34% 8c6c-56% KcQc-53%

So as you can see not all pair vs draw hands mean we are getting it in on the flop. I would recommend you go back to your hand histories and make sure you are not making this fundamental pot odds error.

If you are sure you are not making range estimation mistakes as above then all that is happening to you is variance.

However your betting patterns with 2 pair may be missing value vs weaker hands while only getting big draws to call. So what happens is you lose 100BB pots and win 20BB pots.

So you need to do hand reviews to see if you are getting good value from your big hands or if your V only play back at you when they have strong hands as well. That may indicate a problem with your approach to all hands.

Hope this helps
:):)

shibdevvar

shibdevvar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank U 4 Posting

If the odds are correct then getting all in on the flop or turn vs draws is fine.

So we have to be aware of the difference between Us holding As9s on a 9c7h2c board vs JcTc and vs 8h6d
JT has 62% equity 86 has 34% 8c6c-56% KcQc-53%

So as you can see not all pair vs draw hands mean we are getting it in on the flop. I would recommend you go back to your hand histories and make sure you are not making this fundamental pot odds error.

If you are sure you are not making range estimation mistakes as above then all that is happening to you is variance.

However your betting patterns with 2 pair may be missing value vs weaker hands while only getting big draws to call. So what happens is you lose 100BB pots and win 20BB pots.

So you need to do hand reviews to see if you are getting good value from your big hands or if your V only play back at you when they have strong hands as well. That may indicate a problem with your approach to all hands.

Hope this helps
:):)
Thank You for comment.
Yes your strategy helping me more to improve my playing style i thought that was a badluck but you corrected me.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are basically asking, how you can avoid, that your opponents get lucky, and the answer is, you cant. Only patience and volume can solve this "problem". Best of luck.

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do your best to stay focused on expected value.

If you get it all-in at the flop with top pair versus just a flush draw, depending on the exact situation, you're somewhere around 65% to win the hand. You win EV in the long run regardless of the short term result.

arenaci

arenaci

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion these situations are bread and butter of serious grinders. If someone is willing to go all-in with their unnutted draws it is your duty to oblige them to gain EV.

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Bologna

Seems to happen a lot. Very frustrating. I guess you learn and go on. Wait for a better time.

A

AllOut

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your raise or shoves makes sense based on your and opponent's stack sizes, make sure your shove put them in hard decision where they have enough stack left to consider folding on each stages of board. I mean lot of times, re-raise on flop and overbet on turn will get them draws fold. So instead of shoving on flop, I'd reraise, and put more pressure on turn. Because most people won't risk it all for only riverr. Also, I don't understand questions like these. We're not supposed to win the pot because we're better on flop. There'll be 5 cards and people consider risking his chips to make their hands. By saying that, you're still favour ahead on percentages so why do you worrying this much. If you're almost sure he's drawing then call his raise/keep control of pot and put pressure on turn. But if someone doesn't care of his chances mathematically and call/shove allin then you got no out buddy, face the fate.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands