How do you play against a "donkey"?

L

lostlittle

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you do against players that call with e everything and continue to call. It just seems the calling station wins to many times. Everyone should what a donkey is.
I cawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwed

R

rafffinamore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think we should exploit these players with a better range of hands than theirs. This is the only way, since they do not give up. Let's keep an eye on that.

N

nellorossi83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Perfect... wait for great cards and take her money

AlexBlefer

AlexBlefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
that is loose play. but i see on poker stars, some players go on top, chiplead with call every hand:confused:

maksonios

maksonios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate players like these, who always call or going all-in with hands like 10 and 9, or 8 and 6 suited. Actually, it is very easy to destroy them, you just have to wait for a nice hand like KK or AA. Yesterday I played Spin&Go on pokerstars. One player left out and we were heads up and this player against me always went all-in. When I was on SB and tried to call BB he also went all-in and I had to fold, so I didn't even try to see the flop and finally, I caught AK and he went all-in, again. Of course, I called and caught two pairs from the flop. He had J9 and I won.

unnamed72

unnamed72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a rule, donks are in the beginning of mtt, just play 20% of hands in the beginning ��

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Against these players, play ABC-poker and not bluff.

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You will eventually get good cards and then take their $.

muse713

muse713

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play your game and don't worry about how they are playing. Be patient and wait for strong hands. Donkeys always self destruct. We should embrace the donkeys as they are the ones that provide mucho dinero. Good luck

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
play more tight preflop, don't bluff and bet for value like 90%-120% of the pot every street+ you can more thin valuebet. easy game.

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
You should want players like this at your table as their chips will usually be pretty easy to get- just tighten your range a bit preflop and be sure to increase the size of your bets on every street(close to full pot or even overbet...). But as a rule- don't try to bluff this kind of players and don't overplay hands like AK if you don't hit.

GL at the tables :)

Dchoyt82

Dchoyt82

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You Trap them. It usually comes fairly easy, wait for a hand that you're confident you're at least 70% ahead and set the trap hookline and sinker and snap THEM when they Jam to your Check!

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I try to be careful, I use the position at the table and play only when I have strong cards. I believe that I always have the advantage, because I can wait patiently for perspective situations.
Good luck.

DieCosta

DieCosta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patient and aggressively you will not need to wait to much coz theirs range is not good so wait they will give you all the chips. Good luck!

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Players with active ill-tempered enough everywhere.it is necessary to have patience and to catch these fish by the tail)))

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is always necessary to play with good cards against a fish. The rule is that we rarely have to bluff this type of player because anyway he does not understand anything at the game. It is better to wait for the right moment to superlag and let bet the plupard of the temp.

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They win many pots but most times is a small pot, when they lose probably is a big pot.
I like play with great hands and dont bluff. Be patient and agressive when have a great hand. Make they pay every street when you have a good hand.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Anger in poker always is a bad adviser,so consider donkeys as sponsors

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't mistake a donk from a calling station.
Wait for good hand and let the donk donk! (pretend to be a calling station)
With enough info you can even 3bet.
If the donk is also calling station: never ever bluf, otherwise: 3bet the donk with good hand.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Passive callers

What do you do against players that call with e everything and continue to call. It just seems the calling station wins to many times. Everyone should what a donkey is.
I cawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwed

Passive callers are great for your poker bankroll. You know they are going to call so you bet larger with your good value hands and scoop their chips.

The question becomes what are your good value hands? Is AA on 985 4 3 a good value hand or a weak value hand.

Understanding hand ranges is the key. You may wish to make that your study focus. Here is an excellent starter video on the concept.

:)

Erpherk

Erpherk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would wait for a nice hand and charge them heavy, if they fold to the big bets then you found the weakness.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am waiting for a good hand and try to catch a persistent igok on a reraise.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ride them like you own them. Easy to exploit but patience is the key. They normally jump into the boat without setting a hook.

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
My startegy against donks is go slow.
Easy going, wait for them to make a mistake.
Most likely it will happen sooner than later.
If they keep betting, keep folding.
I would slow play a good hand against a donk, and catch the player on the wrong foot.

:):):)

prozitu

prozitu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the best way to play against them is to use the best possible hand, letting them bet and you just go paying. A check that you give already is enough for them to give you a bleff and you forming your hand already takes part of the chips.