How do you personally play pocket tens?

willjosp

willjosp

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I have a pair of 10 generally depending on the tournament position I go with all But if I am close to the bubble and they leave with all of them, I expect other types of hand:D

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Actually, it all depends on what tables I play. The more important the tournament or table is, the less aggressively I play.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually play this hand on two ways.
First when i feel it's strong hand then i play it all in preflop.
Second Only a little raise to get rid of players who can play small hands.
Of course There's a lot of diffrent ways to play this pocket but this two ways are most popular for me.

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
TT is a tricky hand to play, similar to JJ. You are kind of happy that you have a decent pair but you are also happy to win the pot preflop. If I have to see a flop, I want to be in position and I am ready to fold TT when there are overacrds on the board.

J

johnsonmad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I had pocket tens I would raise before the flop and be aggressive. If a jack, queen, king or ace is on the flop your in trouble if your opponent has one of those in there hand to make a pair. If my opponent bets a mid size or more bet I would be folding.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Low stack I will shove , with many blinds I will mob raise , see how many calls I get , the action after my bet , hope for a cheap flip and a set mine

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If I have less than 10bb I will play all-in, if more then just raise or call if there has already been a raise !!!

F

freedom4L

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop highly agressive, ready to go all in with 30bb and under and if the board is good for me on the flop definitely keep the agressive line since the hand will neet quite a bit of protection

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
preflop and postflop

do you reraise preflop with it ?

how aggressive are you with it ?

The problem with raising with pocket pairs is that if you get re-raised or of there is an overcard on the flop, what do you do now? Tens is a good hand heads up, but if you raise in a tournament you are probably wasting money.

theoxy

theoxy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually with average pairs I like to see the flop first :)and then reanalyze.

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hi Friend.

It is not a pair that I would go crazy with, obviously Pre Flop is called or Raised, but Post Flop everything would depend on the position and who has the initiative.

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Min raise preflop or call a small raise. And then depending on the cards on the board.
By the way, I got knocked out just before the bubble last week. I have 10 10, there are 2 nines on the board and 3 cards below. At the showdown, the opponent had his own 2 nines. It's a shame. I was greedy, because the stack was passing and i had second stack at the table after the chip leader. Another lesson for me.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i would play strong handed at first, see who stays in, then when the flop comes bet again and get rid of the dreamers, if higher cards come and you get a re raise you might have to think about folding or re raising again

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Play aggressive with them, always raise preflop, and bet postflop.

Jay R

Jay R

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really pocket 10’s if you have chips raise —to get stragglers out..
If you hit a 10 on flop.. 95% you win..

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I like min raising pocket 10's hoping to get 3 of a kind without investing too much just in case I get a brick.

newjugador

newjugador

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to know how to play the pair of tens, first I raise before the flop and if there is a resumption I just call and see the flop, if the flop is low I keep betting, if it brings cards higher than 10 passes, and if they bet the rest I get screwed, if I don't follow the bet then 66 percent of the pot.

P

Phyrrura

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First of all, against whom are u playing them? I like to play them very agressive, but without being atacched to the hand if the opponent shows much agressiveness, if deep stacks, I find a lot of folds vs 4bet shoves, but when short stack, it's always (mostly) call.