R

reynaldoxxx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
DO
Chips
Hi Team,

New to the poker community, my question is how do we deal with bluffers with high chips?

Looks like when I'm against a bluffer and he has more chips than I do, they always raise when I have nothing, but when I do they fold. Any suggestions or strattegy?

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
They are the big stack and being agressive is very common strategy and it's reasonable .Easy way to steal blinds.I think they have noticed how you playing and guess you might not hit something.So it's not the size of the stack .

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Team,

New to the poker community, my question is how do we deal with bluffers with high chips?

Looks like when I'm against a bluffer and he has more chips than I do, they always raise when I have nothing, but when I do they fold. Any suggestions or strattegy?
Play either aggressive or trap with strong hand otherwise just save your chips!

IRINA70

IRINA70

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Against a big stack bluff or re-raise, the only sure move is to go all-in with a good hand or a monster. Otherwise, such an opponent will tear your stack apart in several moves.

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi Team,

simple. do the opposite of what you are doing. It will work. learning to bluff is something you will only learn over time. I even show my good cards at some good times, as a way of showing that I was telling the truth about the game.

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it just seems to me that you bet when you have a good card and you don't bluff yourself or you bluff extremely rarely, in a word, it's easier for him to play because of the stack size and they read your game, it's apparently monotonous

P

Phyrrura

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe u're playing a very transparent poker, so anyone know when u're strong or not. U should to be more agressive even when u don't have strong holdings, so they u have to pay more ur raises since u are not with a made game when u bet.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It is quite logical that a player who leads the table in bluffing chips to steal blinds is a game strategy.
You must learn to wait and be aggressive when the opportunity arises.
I think the bluff also depends a lot on your opponent's bet, if the raise is weak it's probably a bluff.
It's also good to wait for your strong hand, you always have a strong hand in an MTT, you must know how to play it to make a null or monstrous hand.
If you start looking at the table with a well-earned hand, you'll see that when you take action the opponent will be careful when it comes to bluffing.
Knock and watch your table, this is very important for studying your opponents. Don't do anything else when you retire, just watch. The flipped cards give a lot of information.;););) (y) (y) (y) (y)

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In such cases, if you rarely get a good card, your stack will naturally decrease. I sometimes go all-in with a middle card against such a player when he doesn't raise but only calls. You have to take risks so as not to lose the stack's performance.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Actually, it depends on the situation. If you can deal with it calmly each time, there is nothing to be afraid of.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you have to analyze in which spots he/she actually bluffs . try to see a pattern . for example he/she could be bluffing always on the turn or river to pick up the pot even though he got already beaten by other players at that spot without them even having a big hand . once you figured this out the next thing you wanna do is to hit something good and then play it slow and let him/her bluff the turn and/or river and then make a big reraise (but be careful) and basically milk him/her

Spielkind

Spielkind

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
find it out-play only abc if u hit--kill any bluffer

Argylegreg

Argylegreg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like most are saying you need to choose your moment and do it on the big hands when you believe you have the odds.
And don't forget, they're not always bluffing, so go careful! 😉

Rvstam

Rvstam

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there is no strategy against bluffing. because you either take a hit or run away

offshore11000

offshore11000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think against this profile you should adjust your range and call with hands that better perform your equity.Lol:);):cool::D

testing826

testing826

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
call a raise , then let him bet and go allin that is to stop him cold from bluffing

O

OnitheCroc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Team,

Always go all in pre flop dont be bullied even if hes a massive stack

call a raise , then let him bet and go allin that is to stop him cold from bluffing
totally agree with this strategy

there is no strategy against bluffing. because you either take a hit or run away
exactly never run or be bullied some you win some you lose but never run

Actually, it depends on the situation. If you can deal with it calmly each time, there is nothing to be afraid of.
Calmly is exactly how you should play any hand so calmly go all in pre flop everytime

Bricxjo

Bricxjo

Just some happy guy
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Play solid, somebody is going to eventually get their chips, hopefully it will be you. If not, the chips are still in the game. Just wait for your turn to take them.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is worth waiting for big-chip bluffers with a good hand and leaving them with a ready hand, let them pay.
So you have to wait for a good card that hits the flop and then leave it for the bluffer to raise, you just have to call all the way through to see if he doubles our entire chip stock.

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My strategy is to wait for a good hand and then smash them. The difficulty is to not wait for TOO good a hand becase while waiting they bleed you out.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Make an analysis of how you are playing or behaving at the table, also analyze the bluffer, and when you agree to have a good hand, all inn him