mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
First of all you need to ask yourself, why this even tilts you? Aces versus kings is the most classic cooler in poker, so its not even like, your opponent did anything wrong. If you had kings, and he had aces, all the chips would also have gone in, and then you would also put a bad beat on him one in five times. So why does this even matter? And would you rather be the guy with kings, who ran them into aces? Thats also pretty unlucky right? The point is, losing is part of poker. Someone has to lose every single hand, so why get upset about it?

Now to be honest all poker players hate losing. But if a hand like this upsets you for more than two seconds, this is something, you need to work on, if you want to succeed in poker. And other than thinking rationally about it, like I outlined above, the main thing is to fully embrace the fact, that poker is a long term game. It does not matter, that today your AK lost to KJ a few more times, than they should, because in the long run this really will level itself out. So all, you need to do to succeed, is getting your decisions right. As long as that was the case, losing is totally cool and fine.

Another tip, if you are new to poker, is to start with the formats, that have the least variance, which are cash games and single table SnGs. Losing a hand in these formats tend to not sting quite as much, since you just move on to the next hand or register for the next SnG. Whereas in MTTs it can be hours of work, that goes down the drain, and this requires a bit more mental stamina. Its also really best, if you can play 3-5 MTTs at the same time, so that the result of the entire session is not totally dependent on a single hand like this. And multitabling is something, which also need to be learned, and is not very good for beginners.

The alternative is to play in a truly recreational way. Play for fun. But then you really should not tilt, and it also makes no sense talking about "having to play later in the day". So first of all find out, why you are playing. And if its with some kind of goal of eventually making a bit of money out of poker, then understand the long term nature of the game, focus on improving your game and stop caring about short term variance and results.

exactly, that's how it is

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
hands get cracked all the time. While its never fun when its aces you just got to think and remember the times you cracked them. While we can be unhappy it happened we will do it as well. Its was jut the 1 of 5 when they lose.

If you want to know when it really hurts, when your heads up and you aces get cracked my 76o. Yeah that was not a happy moment.

Navin Sarabjeet

Navin Sarabjeet

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
SR
Chips
Hey fellas. I just lost pre flop all in AA vs KK, K in the river... JUST inside the money...
Any tips for not to be tilted all day if I have to play later?

Hi there,
First of all you should know that aces vs kings is around 81.5% - 18.5% , so you will be loosing about 20% of the time.
And if you just want to go cool your head down just do like me and go outside and throw a few hoops of basketball or play a little soccer with your kids for a while. This helps quite a lot and you also give the kids some extra time and you do a little movement sport:D