frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I know that a lot of people are going to say: It's impossible calculate ICM on the table and bla bla bla... But I would like to make my own calculator. So, please, help me and don't try to make me give up. Rude?!?!?!? A little bit... :):):)

27314317305_04c2245a1b_k.jpg

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’d say that the players that are the best in the world at ICM essentially have an ICM calculator running while they play at all times. Practice makes perfect :)

NWPatriot

NWPatriot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
'Remaining prize pool' / 'Chips in Play' x 'Player Chips'

Ignoring player skill, this is how to calculate your individual ICM value.

eg. $500 prize pool, 100,000 chips (lets say 5000 chips x 20 players), you have 12,000 chips, this also implies that if there was no tournament fee then your buyin was $25.

So, if there have been no payouts made yet, your ICM value is 500/100000x12000 = $60

Once the payouts have started, then you must remove any payouts already made from the total prize pool. The total chips never change. There are many ICM tools available online, I like this one: https://www.icmpoker.com/icmcalculator/#

At least this is how i think it works.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think if you use a ICM calculator to review your hands after you play you will get a good feel for the ICM and you can start making "pivot points" ie you remember that with 10bbs UTG you can shove X. The other thing you can do is you can make a chart for the specific game you are playing.

Micro Maven

Micro Maven

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just to fix the above, he meant *your chips* / *total chips in play* x prize pool
so 12,000 / 100,000 = .12 x $500 = $60 worth of chips

nera75

nera75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Manual ICM calculations are very tedious and completely impractical. There are several calculators that make these calculations much faster than a person. One such device is SNG Power Tools, which allows you to use the history of your games on most online poker sites. The program will analyze each hand played, highlighting the most controversial of them. On the other hand, you yourself can analyze certain hands in order to evaluate the range of your opponents' hands and assume how the situation would unfold if you call or decide to fold. It is important to note that pokerstars recently banned players from using ICM calculators during the game, finding that the program gives their owners an unfair advantage in tournaments. At the same time it is not prohibited to use it after the completion of the tournament to analyze your game. Be vigilant and good luck at the tables !.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I was thinking in calculate separatly the chance to be the winner, if I have low chances, at least regarding only the payjump calculating the monetary value of my chips and comparing with my investment plus next payout.

just to fix the above, he meant *your chips* / *total chips in play* x prize pool so 12,000 / 100,000 = .12 x $500 = $60 worth of chips

9player_tournament_bubble.png

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Excelent idea about pivo points! I am using it. But I hate to memorize charts, I ever suppose ranges at the table through the analyzis, on real time.
I think if you use a ICM calculator to review your hands after you play you will get a good feel for the ICM and you can start making "pivot points" ie you remember that with 10bbs UTG you can shove X. The other thing you can do is you can make a chart for the specific game you are playing.

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ICMExplorer

this can help