Having trouble remembering

M

Murph1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
which hands to play from which position. I generally play any pair, any double digit cards, any suited ace and any suited connector or one gapper. Is this too loose and if so how can I remember which hands to drop from which position?

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
how can I remember which hands to drop from which position?

Time and practise are the keys. First you need to make sure that you understand which hands are playable from which positions. There is a ton of learning material about that available so I'm not going to get into it here.

Of course you also need to take into account your opponents. Are they tight, loose or maniacs and adjust your starting hands accordingly. Your starting hands may vary quite a lot depending on your opponents. You might need to be tighter or looser - it depends...

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It requires repetitive practice.

and changes little by little based on experience.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
You don't need to remember the full range from each position.

I think you will find it easier if you classify each position as weak, average or strong and then conduct your preflop hand selection/action based on that.

For example there are lots of hands which are playable from the button but go straight in the muck from UTG.

Personally I don't think it's wise to try and play a 'set in stone' formula or ranges because not only is it difficult to recall everything perfectly but also your play will be repetitive and become predictable.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I generally play any pair, any double digit cards, any suited ace and any suited connector or one gapper. Is this too loose and if so how can I remember which hands to drop from which position?

From early position on a 9-max or 8-max table this is to many hands to play. The worst pairs, the worst broadways and low suited connectors should generally be dumped from these early seats. I dont use static ranges, since variables like stack sizes, antes and players on table also matter. But in general I raise first in from early position with something like 66+, AJ+, A2s+, KQ, JTs+. For each position, you get closer to BTN, you can then add more and more hands.

Also be aware that the marginal hands are just that - marginal. So if you want to also play ATo from early position, or if you want to not play KQo and AJo, thats not going to have a huge impact on your results. And this is where, dynamics and things like stack sizes come into play. If stacks are deep and the opponents really bad, then maybe opening any pair is profitable, because you are so often going to get paid, when you flop a set. But as a default I am not opening 22-55, if I have an entire table of 8 players left to act behind me.

Aleks75

Aleks75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!
The importance of the game from the position is the second most important after the knowledge of combinations and starting hands.Without it, the game is like a lottery.)

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
which hands to play from which position. I generally play any pair, any double digit cards, any suited ace and any suited connector or one gapper. Is this too loose and if so how can I remember which hands to drop from which position?

At the internet you will find a lot of table showing the hands per position, choose the one that fits best for you, print it and let it on your side unitl you memorize it all.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have taken the course. Maybe I’ll take it again. I don’t seem to remember what I read. Any memorization tricks?

Try to write down the most important moments in your opinion. The synopsis will help you better remember the study material.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
With time come wisdom and natural play without meaninglessness memorization of tons of positional and hand charts melted and in twined into a thought process.

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hello

Poker is a combination of so many factors.There is not a rule that you follow.It depends the buy in ....the opponent actions your position etc...I am very sure Cardschat can provide you a lot of information to practice and be better .Good luck at your tables.